Page 106 of 269 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 4021
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prettywonderboy View Post
    Attachment 15509

Thought i'd post this. People on social media are going crazy about this supposedly ripped picture of Gal. Am i the only one who thinks that this isn't her? If it really is Gal, i'd be more than happy though
    I would be more than happy, too, but I seriously doubt it's Gal.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    The musculature argument isn't a good one because you could say the same for any superstrength hero in comics. Why does Superman need muscles? Shazam? Flash? Batman--I only say this because he is typically portrayed as Mr. Universe in build which would seriously take away from his agility? The list goes on.

Gal, as an amazon, would most likely have a build that has apparent muscles. Because of her amazon upbringing and we don't know when her superstrength as well as other abilities kicked in. To me, if they did a Themyscria scene and all her fellow amazons had fairly ripped physiques yet Gal looks downright thin compared to them would look strange to me.
    It's part of the fantasy setting.

Men look more attractive with a certain amount of muscle mass, so they have it. Women look more attractive with less muscle mass, so they lack it.

It's about wanting heroes to be attractive looking.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    It's part of the fantasy setting.

Men look more attractive with a certain amount of muscle mass, so they have it. Women look more attractive with less muscle mass, so they lack it.

It's about wanting heroes to be attractive looking.
    I have a feeling that many would disagree with what you are saying, at least with respect to women. When Gal was first cast, I couldn't believe it because she was extemely thin and I don't find that attractive at all. She has gained some mass, no apparent muscle, yet I still find the overall figure not very attractive. She does have a pretty face, but the rest of her physique still doesn't appeal to me.

Now, on the other hand, look at Jessica Biel. I find her immensely attractive and she isn't as muscular as the fitness contestants. But she has a much better physical presence than Gal as well as a physique that I find much more representative of what I think an amazon would look like. I find women to look more attractive with some muscular definition, doesn't have to be alot, but some to me.

BANNED

hayley atwell has a nice body for the '40s. Nobody on the show is that much ripped. and some people can do amazing things with different kinds of bodies. I always played soccer and my body is not really ideal

I thought that men liked curvy woman...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Casting directors for movies and Victoria's secret models would say otherwise. I am glad they don't speak to all of us, but some of these so-called 'supermodels' are only super in name only. I'd rather they just called them clothes hanger models, more apt name in my opinion.

hayley atwell has a nice body for the '40s.
    She's nice for any decade! Please don't think I was disparaging her, because she's great on so many levels.

Incredible Member

I have a feeling that many would disagree with what you are saying, at least with respect to women. When Gal was first cast, I couldn't believe it because she was extemely thin and I don't find that attractive at all. She has gained some mass, no apparent muscle, yet I still find the overall figure not very attractive. She does have a pretty face, but the rest of her physique still doesn't appeal to me.

Now, on the other hand, look at Jessica Biel. I find her immensely attractive and she isn't as muscular as the fitness contestants. But she has a much better physical presence than Gal as well as a physique that I find much more representative of what I think an amazon would look like. I find women to look more attractive with some muscular definition, doesn't have to be alot, but some to me.

Jessica Biel was my main choice for Wonder Woman. Talented actress. Not only has the body but also can do action scenes very well. See Blade.

Invincible Member

We do! (10 characters)

Invincible Member

Casting directors for movies and Victoria's secret models would say otherwise. I am glad they don't speak to all of us, but some of these so-called 'supermodels' are only super in name only. I'd rather they just called them clothes hanger models, more apt name in my opinion.
    A lot of thin models are chosen specifically because they are attractive yet have bodies that won't distract from the clothes they're supposed to be selling.

Someone like Jane Mansfield probably couldn't be a modern runway model.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    A lot of thin models are chosen specifically because they are attractive yet have bodies that won't distract from the clothes they're supposed to be selling.

Someone like Jane Mansfield probably couldn't be a modern runway model.
    I doubt she would have made it during the '40s or '50s, either. There's this idea that women all had hourglass figures back then, but it's not the case at all. Suzy Parker was the top fashion model of the '50s and early '60s, yet wasn't voluptuous. The same goes for Jinx Falkengerg, most likely the top fashion model of the '40s.

I think people were setting themselves up for disappointment when they thought Gal was going to bulk up into their ideal WW. There were some (speaking generally) who didn't like her being cast in the first place and use the, "That's what you call bulking up?" when they pretty much knew/hoped that she wouldn't so they could wave it in the faces of others that she wasn't as a good a choice as [insert random actress who can put on more muscle mass, has a more curvy figure, blue eyes, no accent etc]

Like I've said before, I'm more concerned with the acting, because that's where it matters most in my opinion. With filters, camera angles, cgi, and blah blah blah, I'm certain (but never too certain) that she'll look thicker to the people that are concerned with that. She looks fine enough to me, but who am I?

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

BANNED

A choice between current Gal Gadot and Jessica Biel is a win-win situation in my book. Toss Scarlett Johanson in there too.

Jessica Biel also has far less muscle mass than Henry Cavill. You were drawing comparisons between Wonder Woman and the likes of Superman, Shazam, etc.

Your point seemed to be that magical strength wasn't a good explanation for why Wonder Woman isn't "ripped" because male characters like Superman or Shazam are "ripped" despite their strength not originating from their muscles.

My point is that Superman and Shazam aren't "ripped" because it makes sense, they're "ripped" because that looks good on male characters. Which is why you'll see a guy like Hal Jordan with muscles even while lacking a good explanation for it. It's also why Superman isn't as massive as Doomsday even though his strength level could easily justify that kind of muscle mass.

If Wondy is supposed to represent the ultimate woman then highlighting femininity is a higher priority. This is one of the reasons why a woman like Gal Gadot is picked over a woman like Ronda Rousey. It's no coincidence that they'd rather "Beef up" the beauty than "Doll up" the non-beauty.

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Don't really care about actors getting caught with PED's. Are they going to jail/prison over it? But still, a year of working out and that is all we got? Her 1000 and 1 things she said she would be doing, and this is it?
    She looks fine. Wonder Woman isn't supposed to look like She-Hulk.
    She's a beauty queen who can flip tanks.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    She has to be much better than Lynda was her first season as Wondy, though. Lynda was sub par during the WWII episodes, which pains me as someone who loved her as a kid and thought she was the most beautiful woman alive. If not, that would be another female-led superhero flick that went down the drain.
    Gal has been in tons of shows in her native Israel, as well as the Fast and Furious franchise (where, admittedly she didn't say much) and she's now the female lead in the Ben Hur remake.

Quote Originally Posted by prettywonderboy View Post
    Attachment 15509

Thought i'd post this. People on social media are going crazy about this supposedly ripped picture of Gal. Am i the only one who thinks that this isn't her? If it really is Gal, i'd be more than happy though
    That's not Gal.
    That's not attractive, either.