Page 157 of 269 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 4021

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Your probably right, at least with respect to the only three choices that we know of.
    Olga was def my top choice way back when...although I've warmed to Gal. Did it make you feel better seeing the post where Gal wasn't the #1 pick until she performed terrifically opposite Affleck in audition?
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

chemistry can not be over looked
    many times it makes or breaks a movie.

Spoilery video about WW's age:

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Spoilery video about WW's age:

Sweet!

I love the idea of Diana being older than Bruce and Clark! It's just cool to think that she was in the superhero business even before Superman.

They are definitely right: there are so many cool things you can do with the idea of Diana as a much older hero. I don't want Diana's first movie to be a period piece, but I wouldn't mind seeing her appearing in various time periods in flashbacks.

But, for me, the thing I value most about the idea of Diana being older than Bruce and Clark is the possibility that she may end up being the wisest and most mature member of the Trinity. I'd LOVE to see her treat Bruce and Clark like a couple of squabbling children when she breaks up their fight. I'd LOVE to see her become the wise, experienced member to whom Bruce and Clark look with admiration and respect.

It certainly seems harder to suggest that Diana is the violent brute we've seen in the New 52. How many times, over hundreds of years, can Diana's bad temper get her into trouble before she learned to control it out of sheer necessity?

I really hope this ends up being true. It could open up so many really cool doors for Diana.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I like that a lot, initially. Vanguard is absolutely right in that it lessens the chance for us to get the New 52 version of Wonder Woman who still has a lot of growing to do (particularly in early Justice League issues). It will definitely open up for many possibilities with the movie version, so I'm very excited.

Since she's usually writen as all wise, preachy and with a massive stick up her butt, i much prefer a younger and bubblier Diana. Something like how she appeared in the first issues of JL before Johns went all Hulk with her. A WW who besides saving people doesnt forget to have some fun and crack a smile. So i much prefer her younger and with a long way to go, rather than the ultimate veteran that knows it all and came to preach blah blah love, blah blah, peace, blah blah.

Also, since everyone will be rooting for Batman and Superman and wanting to see them duke it out, having Diana as the mommy figure that tries to break it off will make her a party pooper. And at the end of the day i dont need her to be more this and more than than Superman and Batman for me to appreciate her. She can be awesome on her own merit without needing to upstage anyone to prove her worth. Hawkeye was the heart of AoU and by his own admission he was just a guy with a bow. He didnt even have good action scenes, he didnt invent stuff, he didnt plan some big strategy, he didnt beat Ultron.
    Last edited by Dr. Hurt; 05-24-2015 at 05:23 PM.

Well, I don't see Diana REALLY separating Bruce and Clark like a mommy breaking up fighting children. But I'd love for her to stop their fight by basically being the one who realizes the real threat and gets Bruce and Clark to realize how stupid their fight is in the grand scheme of things.

Not so much "She grabs them by their ears and separates them." More "Hey! Idiots! If you two could stop slapping each other for two seconds? The REAL threat to the world is over THERE!" *Flies off toward the threat with Bruce and Clark staring at her like slack-jawed idiots.*

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Sounds good Vanguard.

So the got a great look for her. Gadot will hopefully be alright. I'm just worried that WW will be in Cap's level of power in the movie. I just have this hunch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Since she's usually writen as all wise, preachy and with a massive stick up her butt, i much prefer a younger and bubblier Diana. Something like how she appeared in the first issues of JL before Johns went all Hulk with her. A WW who besides saving people doesnt forget to have some fun and crack a smile. So i much prefer her younger and with a long way to go, rather than the ultimate veteran that knows it all and came to preach blah blah love, blah blah, peace, blah blah.

Also, since everyone will be rooting for Batman and Superman and wanting to see them duke it out, having Diana as the mommy figure that tries to break it off will make her a party pooper. And at the end of the day i dont need her to be more this and more than than Superman and Batman for me to appreciate her. She can be awesome on her own merit without needing to upstage anyone to prove her worth. Hawkeye was the heart of AoU and by his own admission he was just a guy with a bow. He didnt even have good action scenes, he didnt invent stuff, he didnt plan some big strategy, he didnt beat Ultron.
    I prefer a wise WW than what johns wrote on his first issues of JL, he dumbed her down to much. Being wise doesn't mean that she doesn't have nothing to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    I prefer a wise WW than what johns wrote on his first issues of JL, he dumbed her down to much. Being wise doesn't mean that she doesn't have nothing to learn.
    Exactly.

Being wise also doesn't mean she can't smile and have fun. Years of experience could easily teach her how important it is to enjoy life and all it's pleasures.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I was very much against Gal as WW, however recently she has posted pics of her new WW body, and she is jacked! More importantly, I sat down and watched Gal in several interviews fast and the furious 6. I didnt care what she was saying I was just listening to her voice, watching her facial expressions and I have to say she has kind of won me over. i think she is going to rock this role. Seeing how much muscle she has put on has shown me how much she wants to own this role. so I cant wait to see her in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Well, I don't see Diana REALLY separating Bruce and Clark like a mommy breaking up fighting children. But I'd love for her to stop their fight by basically being the one who realizes the real threat and gets Bruce and Clark to realize how stupid their fight is in the grand scheme of things.

Not so much "She grabs them by their ears and separates them." More "Hey! Idiots! If you two could stop slapping each other for two seconds? The REAL threat to the world is over THERE!" *Flies off toward the threat with Bruce and Clark staring at her like slack-jawed idiots.*
    If they are smart and gives us some form of this, I would be so happy.

Richard Alexander

Richard Alexander

This is great news indeed, and I'm not surprised since she's a daughter of Zeus...BUT something bothers me!

If she's been around for hundreds of years, where was she when the events of Man Of Steel occured?

Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    This is great news indeed, and I'm not surprised since she's a daughter of Zeus...BUT something bothers me!

If she's been around for hundreds of years, where was she when the events of Man Of Steel occured?
    When world engine hit? Maybe she was on the island, saving her sisters. Or out in the wide world, rescuing people. SM was too busy to save anyone in any city other than Metropolis. Oh, and the world engine could've disrupted the island's force field and Trevor might've crashed during that crisis. WW wasn't doing nothing, that's for sure. It's just that her heroic actions were not shown in MOS. I bet we get a glimpse of what she was doing in BvS...or a future DC film. I'm fact, I'm thinking superheroes came out of the woodwork during the events of MOS, and that's why the Gov will probably track them thru ARGUS or Bruce will track them. Then, of course, the heroes band together for JL.
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo