Page 163 of 269 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213263 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 4021
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Top Carnivore View Post
    Re

Ok, but is there one thing that gives you hope for this incarnation of WW?
    It will be a little tough based on Zak Snyder as director. He can do action scenes well, but his movies do come across as shallow. I hope he doesn't continue his trend of dark and/or use of filters in the movie.

Since I can't at this point hope for a new actress, I would have liked a costume more true to the comic books. I like vibrant colors in superheroes.

I wish they followed the marvel movie template and gotten solo movies before the team up movie.

I guess I will have to look forward to how Gal acts in this movie.

I'm so excited for all the WW merchandise to come from BvS.

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    I wish they followed the marvel movie template and gotten solo movies before the team up movie.
    By the time JL hits, we will have had MOS, BvS, SS and WW. Two are outright solos, BvS intros the new BM and WW, with a few cameos from other heroes. And SS intros a slew of iconic DC villains into this movieverse. The four movies will be interconnected and I'm betting each will help build JL buzz and lead into the JL plot.

If WB had followed the Marvel template exactly, people would be accusing them of copycat world building.
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

If WB had followed the Marvel template exactly, people would be accusing them of copycat world building.
    Yep. DC wasn't going to win with some people either way on that point, so they might as well go with a different route than Marvel.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

"Batman V Superman" Merchandise To Prominently Feature Wonder Woman
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...e-wonder-woman

BANNED

By the time JL hits, we will have had MOS, BvS, SS and WW. Two are outright solos, BvS intros the new BM and WW, with a few cameos from other heroes. And SS intros a slew of iconic DC villains into this movieverse. The four movies will be interconnected and I'm betting each will help build JL buzz and lead into the JL plot.

I consider the BvS a precursor to the Justice League film or call it Justice League Lite. They are introducing a bunch of superheros including a mid-40's Batman. Whether they should have copied the marvel blueprint, I don't know, but marvel certainly has had an excellent vision/track record of late starting off with Ironman 1.

And in response to your question again 'Ok, but is there one thing that gives you hope for this incarnation of WW?' since I don't feel I expressed myself properly, here it is. I have very low expectations for the film BvS in general. While initially I liked MoS, I think this was more the case of liking the CGI and seeing the power of Superman in play versus actually liking the story. The neck snapping at the end was just too soon for me. Because of this and Synder's other movies, I don't feel myself chomping at the bit for BvS like I do for the Avengers and other marvel movies. I don't like the Wonder Woman casting and this is essentially the most important factor for me. But maybe I am wrong about this. I don't think she will win me over, but I do think whatever action scenes she has will be bad ass. But this goes for any actress in a Synder film. I don't like that she apparently can't fly, but other people don't care about this aspect, some do.

So I go in with very low expectations (I still am going to see the movie the first or second day it is out because I am still a comic film/tv geek), and maybe I somehow get blown away by what I see.

I consider the BvS a precursor to the Justice League film or call it Justice League Lite. They are introducing a bunch of superheros including a mid-40's Batman. Whether they should have copied the marvel blueprint, I don't know, but marvel certainly has had an excellent vision/track record of late starting off with Ironman 1.

And in response to your question again 'Ok, but is there one thing that gives you hope for this incarnation of WW?' since I don't feel I expressed myself properly, here it is. I have very low expectations for the film BvS in general. While initially I liked MoS, I think this was more the case of liking the CGI and seeing the power of Superman in play versus actually liking the story. The neck snapping at the end was just too soon for me. Because of this and Synder's other movies, I don't feel myself chomping at the bit for BvS like I do for the Avengers and other marvel movies. I don't like the Wonder Woman casting and this is essentially the most important factor for me. But maybe I am wrong about this. I don't think she will win me over, but I do think whatever action scenes she has will be bad ass. But this goes for any actress in a Synder film. I don't like that she apparently can't fly, but other people don't care about this aspect, some do.

So I go in with very low expectations (I still am going to see the movie the first or second day it is out because I am still a comic film/tv geek), and maybe I somehow get blown away by what I see.
    Glad you are at least holding out some hope!

I realize BvS is a team up film, just smaller than JL. But its job is to deepen the characterization of SM and intro a new version of the internationally revered character Batman. Everyone knows and loves BM so as long Affleck doesn't screw it up, then all should go very well. Further, they need to intro WW effectively. Trickier, so we shall see. In less than a month we'll probably see WW footage debuted at comic con. So we'll know how Gadot's physique will appear in BvS and get a hint at her performance, action abilities and hopefully charisma.
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

BANNED

Glad you are at least holding out some hope!

I realize BvS is a team up film, just smaller than JL. But its job is to deepen the characterization of SM and intro a new version of the internationally revered character Batman. Everyone knows and loves BM so as long Affleck doesn't screw it up, then all should go very well. Further, they need to intro WW effectively. Trickier, so we shall see. In less than a month we'll probably see WW footage debuted at comic con. So we'll know how Gadot's physique will appear in BvS and get a hint at her performance, action abilities and hopefully charisma.
    As you know, it could be Gal, Gina, Olga or whoever would have been cast as Wonder Woman and they would have all kicked ass with respect to action scenes. If there is one thing that Synder does well, it is action, so I have no problem thinking Gal will do well with the action scenes. It's her performance and like you said, her charisma that will determine how well she does in her role. Of course, the thinking is that her role will be fairly small in this movie, so there may not be alot to go on.

As far as physique, I think she isn't going to be any bigger than that bikini shot with her child that I think you posted recently. She went from ultra thin to now just thin with some tone. That is all we are going to get as far as her physique is concerned. It has been over a year and a half, so if they (director, producers) were really serious about buffing up their product (Wonder Woman), we would have seen it by now. In other words, I think they like her look as it is.

Ultimate Member

Please let Gal keep her natural accent instead of making her do an "American" one. Her accent is great, and I think that it'd fit WW quite well.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Please let Gal keep her natural accent instead of making her do an "American" one. Her accent is great, and I think that it'd fit WW quite well.
    She could use both if she has a secret identity.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I don't think I have heard her with an 'american accent' in any film or commercial. I would think it would be her own.

Personally, there are many people in the world that can do many languages with perfect accents, so I would see no problem with whoever they cast with no accent.

I don't think I have heard her with an 'american accent' in any film or commercial. I would think it would be her own.

Personally, there are many people in the world that can do many languages with perfect accents, so I would see no problem with whoever they cast with no accent.
    I hope Diana Prince has an American accent, and Wonder Woman has Gal's natural voice
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    I hope Diana Prince has an American accent, and Wonder Woman has Gal's natural voice
    That would be my preference. It would make Diana look like a better, more intelligent undercover agent if she can really blend in.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Sounds like DC, WB, and especially Wonder Woman will be a HUGE presence at Comic Con!!!

http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/2015/06...will-be-there/
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 06-09-2015 at 08:50 AM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Exactly. I've been saying this since Gal was cast. Great way to keep the secret ID secret (even though there's no way to truly keep the civilian ID secret without a mask, lol). I love Gal's voice and accent, btw. Gorgeous!