Page 217 of 269 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 4021

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I thought almost the exact same thing. In a set of takes on the companies' characters where the "Nolan" Joker looms large, it is a bit of a bummer to see the "DCU" universe go for something along that line. That's before you even get to that they will obviously have their own Joker, in addition to this version of Lex Luthor.

I'm sort of shocked no one is catching on that Lex was pretending at the party.

Remember the 2nd trailer? When Lex was very cold and calculating and conniving? THAT is the real Lex. The Lex who was at the party all energetic, happy, non-threatening and 'loves bringing people together.'. etc THAT was him being fake so that you wouldn't suspect him as the criminal mastermind he is. In a way that's very Lex as well. You'll never know what he wants, or how involved he is or behind something till he wants you to know or until things begin to unravel. This is why eventually even during times when everyone seems to be trusting Lex, Superman doesn't. Because he knows Lex can flip that switch easily and fool a lot of people.

And apparently he's fooled a lot of people watching this trailer despite the fact behind closed doors in the trailer right before this one he was the exact opposite That's brilliant acting ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Predator JP View Post
    i agree. and they edited in a way that made it look like WW saved Bats ass as well.
    For all we know Flash could have saved Bats. He could say something later thanking Superman for moving him and Superman can go "That wasn't me. I thought she did it..." boom there's your Flash tease.

Anyway you can tell that the scenes are edited in order to make you think something else entirely. I Don't even think that's Wonder Woman's intro. I think that's just her and Superman stopping one of Doomsday's blasts. As you can see there's no Batman car behind them.

I think Snyder has fooled everyone that thinks they saw too much at this point ^_^
    Last edited by Majesty; 12-05-2015 at 11:28 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post

For all we know Flash could have saved Bats. He could say something later thanking Superman for moving him and Superman can go "That wasn't me. I thought she did it..." boom there's your Flash tease.
    No, Flash didn't save Batman because he's still in the drone and the drone is stranded in the same place "after the explosion", no one moved him.

I'm a smidge bothered by how stylized Diana's bracers are. In the comics, they're made from the shackles Heracles used to bind them and are meant to be a reminder of the oppression they escaped.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm a smidge bothered by how stylized Diana's bracers are. In the comics, they're made from the shackles Heracles used to bind them and are meant to be a reminder of the oppression they escaped.
    Yeah, but those shackles have been melted down completely and reforged into a different shape, because if she actually wore Heracles' shackles they'd fall off all the time.

I'm not even sure if this is still even true in comics continuity.
    It was a stupid symbology anyway. You are free, therefore you shall wear chains to remind you of how free you are?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Yeah, but those shackles have been melted down completely and reforged into a different shape, because if she actually wore Heracles' shackles they'd fall off all the time.

It was a stupid symbology anyway. You are free, therefore you shall wear chains to remind you of how free you are?
    It was more of a "never again" type of thing. They were burned once and the bracers act as a reminder of them to be careful who they trust.

It was more of a "never again" type of thing. They were burned once and the bracers act as a reminder of them to be careful who they trust.

BANNED

The shackles were always symbolic, they were the ones the Amazons had to wear when they were captured. In Marstons it was because they allowed themselves to be tricked and captured and Perez had them wear them to always remember their failures.

In regards to Perez, Diana was after all given silver bracelets made of the Aegis while everyone else's were steel, which was either highly polished in or made of something else like in the case of Artemis' (or they ofc just forgot to keep it).

Regarding Gal's pair... well you could argue that in any edition Diana would be exempt from the punishment that befell the other Amazons, they were ordered to wear theirs, she wears hers because she wants to, so likewise she could have hers custom made (which I imagine the others also could if they can actually remove them). And on the other hand, they are supposedly still unlike those of the other Amazons, whenever or not a divine gift they could be part of the outfit like they were in the cartoon.

Ultimate Member

Remember the 2nd trailer? When Lex was very cold and calculating and conniving? THAT is the real Lex. The Lex who was at the party all energetic, happy, non-threatening and 'loves bringing people together.'. etc THAT was him being fake so that you wouldn't suspect him as the criminal mastermind he is. In a way that's very Lex as well. You'll never know what he wants, or how involved he is or behind something till he wants you to know or until things begin to unravel. This is why eventually even during times when everyone seems to be trusting Lex, Superman doesn't. Because he knows Lex can flip that switch easily and fool a lot of people.

And apparently he's fooled a lot of people watching this trailer despite the fact behind closed doors in the trailer right before this one he was the exact opposite That's brilliant acting ^_^

Anyway you can tell that the scenes are edited in order to make you think something else entirely. I Don't even think that's Wonder Woman's intro. I think that's just her and Superman stopping one of Doomsday's blasts. As you can see there's no Batman car behind them.

I think Snyder has fooled everyone that thinks they saw too much at this point ^_^
    I've been arguing that Lex is putting on an act in public ever since the trailer came out. If you look at his interaction with Lois, or with Senator Holly Hunter in the last trailer, he comes across as much more creepy/sinister. And given that duel identities seems to be something of a theme in this film (Batman/Bruce Wayne, Superman/Clark Kent, Wonder Woman/Diana Prince, or whatever her alias ends up being, and even Zod/Doomsday), Lex having a "public face" and then a private one would actually make a lot of sense.

Remember the 2nd trailer? When Lex was very cold and calculating and conniving? THAT is the real Lex. The Lex who was at the party all energetic, happy, non-threatening and 'loves bringing people together.'. etc THAT was him being fake so that you wouldn't suspect him as the criminal mastermind he is. In a way that's very Lex as well. You'll never know what he wants, or how involved he is or behind something till he wants you to know or until things begin to unravel.
    Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I've been arguing that Lex is putting on an act in public ever since the trailer came out. If you look at his interaction with Lois, or with Senator Holly Hunter in the last trailer, he comes across as much more creepy/sinister. And given that duel identities seems to be something of a theme in this film (Batman/Bruce Wayne, Superman/Clark Kent, Wonder Woman/Diana Prince, or whatever her alias ends up being, and even Zod/Doomsday), Lex having a "public face" and then a private one would actually make a lot of sense.

Precisely!

Also for those that have seen the trailer, as Snyder isn't gonna give us much and his editing is brilliantly done to fool us into thinking one thing when it's another. So here's some hidden Diana in the trailer you may have missed.

0:19 - 0:21

Diana in a red dress shadowing the both of them in the background. Notice how Bruce looks at her before the camera switches to Clark. (Which if you think about it, means Clark is interrupting Bruce from whatever he had in mind with Diana, or to talk to her about as they seem to have a relationship in this movie which they do spend time talking to one another about things, which means that's a smirk towards Clark that says 'I really don't wanna deal with you right now, but you aren't leaving me alone till I answer are you..' :P )

Wonder what she's up to. She's obviously gonna be in a couple of scenes as Diana so I wonder what her arc is about and what she's trying to figure out as all this is going down. She obviously has her own agenda and things she is trying to figure out behind the scenes. I wonder what they are. She'll obviously be Wonder Woman in the end but I'm very interested to see what she's gonna be up to as Diana over the course of the film BEFORE she has to be the warrior.

And before anyone asks "well if they know each other, what's with Batman's 'I thought she was with you' line at the end of the trailer?

Fairly simple. If he 'knows her' then Clark (if he hasn't peaked yet) will know Bruce Wayne is Batman. Because they spend time around each other with him as Bruce Wayne and her as Diana. He probably knows full well who she is. He just isn't gonna reveal that to Supes because then he'd be giving it away.

Precisely!

Also for those that have seen the trailer, as Snyder isn't gonna give us much and his editing is brilliantly done to fool us into thinking one thing when it's another. So here's some hidden Diana in the trailer you may have missed.

0:19 - 0:21

Diana in a red dress shadowing the both of them in the background. Notice how Bruce looks at her before the camera switches to Clark. (Which if you think about it, means Clark is interrupting Bruce from whatever he had in mind with Diana, or to talk to her about as they seem to have a relationship in this movie which they do spend time talking to one another about things, which means that's a smirk towards Clark that says 'I really don't wanna deal with you right now, but you aren't leaving me alone till I answer are you..' :P )

Wonder what she's up to. She's obviously gonna be in a couple of scenes as Diana so I wonder what her arc is about and what she's trying to figure out as all this is going down. She obviously has her own agenda and things she is trying to figure out behind the scenes. I wonder what they are. She'll obviously be Wonder Woman in the end but I'm very interested to see what she's gonna be up to as Diana over the course of the film BEFORE she has to be the warrior.

And before anyone asks "well if they know each other, what's with Batman's 'I thought she was with you' line at the end of the trailer?

Fairly simple. If he 'knows her' then Clark (if he hasn't peaked yet) will know Bruce Wayne is Batman. Because they spend time around each other with him as Bruce Wayne and her as Diana. He probably knows full well who she is. He just isn't gonna reveal that to Supes because then he'd be giving it away.
    Great Eye!!! I didn't notice that. That is Gal!
    Richard Alexander

While it is very probable that might be Bruce noticing her in the crowd, I'm not seeing it giving any insight into them to call into question direct lines with context. Here there is no context, I mean this could just be Bruce wanting to introduce himself to a pretty lady he's spotted. Or that Bruce has previously met Diana Prince but has no idea about Wonder Woman. Or that he's heard of Diana Prince through the grapevine and wants to meet her. Etc. Thus, nothing at all yet to give any reason to not take the lines at the end at face value. I think its exactly as it appears; neither Superman nor Batman know of Wonder Woman at all. Wonder Woman on the other hand likely knows who they both are thanks to precognition. Allying herself with them and also guiding the two of them to align with each other is probably her entire purpose in the film, to avoid the "Knightmare" vision, which is probably a vision of hers of a possible future after Darkseid's invasion, and how he will succeed if Superman and Batman are enemies in their own right.

At the end of the day in a movie titled Batman v. Superman, I'm doubting a lot of time is going to be taken to develop this subterfuge and reveal of a hidden connection between Batman and Wonder Woman. The movie is mainly going to be about Superman and Batman's relationship, with Diana being more of a wise special guest-star factor.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-07-2015 at 11:37 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    While it is very probable that might be Bruce noticing her in the crowd, I'm not seeing it giving any insight into them to call into question direct lines with context. Here there is no context, I mean this could just be Bruce wanting to introduce himself to a pretty lady he's spotted. Or that Bruce has previously met Diana Prince but has no idea about Wonder Woman. Or that he's heard of Diana Prince through the grapevine and wants to meet her. Etc. Thus, nothing at all yet to give any reason to not take the lines at the end at face value. I think its exactly as it appears; neither Superman nor Batman know of Wonder Woman at all. Wonder Woman on the other hand likely knows who they both are thanks to precognition. Allying herself with them and also guiding the two of them to align with each other is probably her entire purpose in the film, to avoid the "Knightmare" vision, which is probably a vision of hers of a possible future after Darkseid's invasion, and how he will succeed if Superman and Batman are enemies in their own right.

At the end of the day in a movie titled Batman v. Superman, I'm doubting a lot of time is going to be taken to develop this subterfuge and reveal of a hidden connection between Batman and Wonder Woman. The movie is mainly going to be about Superman and Batman's relationship, with Diana being more of a wise special guest-star factor.

I would assume that too.. if not for ..

That's the dress from that party. So either Bruce is chasing her through the party trying to talk to her, maybe noticing she is up to something but she departs before he can catch her. Or they have a conversation and that is how they depart. But they're obviously going to have conversations. Also, notice that slight grin she gives Bruce before she gets into the car. Either something was said and that was her 'nod' towards him about his suspicions, or it's her way of letting him know that he didn't catch up to her when she knew he was trying to. A 'better luck next time, trying to find out what I'm doing' kind of smirk. I LOVE that.. it's small little parts of acting that get you. That little smirk could mean so many things depending on the scene that proceeds it. I feel maybe a tension filled scene, given how Bruce feels about Superman and his power, having his assumptions about Diana and what she may do, sensing something.. more. Diana may not give it away, but she gives him a smirk regardless before going into her car, which will leave Bruce there staring in her direction. But unable to really reply anything, she wins that moment and it was as subtle as could be, but beautifully done. And also.. THAT'S DIANA!! ^_^

Then we have this scene of course

So we know of two separate occasions where Bruce and Diana both meet and have conversation with her as Diana and him as Bruce.

There's also an entirely other scene that is flashed that shows her in a different outfit than both of these scenes.

So what we do know is Diana is in about 3-4 scenes as Diana off what the trailers showed.

Then we have the leaked picture of her when she was filming and she was dressed in blue and looked like an ambassador.

So what this means is that Diana is in about 5 scenes of this actual film, 2 with which she know she interacts/has talks with Bruce Wayne and then she appears at the end as Wonder Woman.

This to me says that she'll have an important role in the film, perhaps a side story all her own of something she's trying to discover, as I said Diana was once an agent, so she knows how to get around and in and out without smashing things and can find out information in similar ways even without her lasso, just as Diana. This is stuff I'll love seeing touched on if they go that route with her to capture those dimensions.

To capture those dimensions of Diana before we even see her as Wonder Woman I think is going to be lovely.

Then you have Snyder whom said of Wonder Woman / Diana

“She plays a super-important part. In a lot of ways, she’s the gateway drug to 
the rest of the 
Justice League.”

Then you have her relationship with Bruce delved into by Affleck himself, which describes one of their scenes together

“I love the fact that there was this Thomas Crown Affair, Bond-y sexy scene that they wrote about two people who are pretending to be two different people who each know the secrets of the other person,”

This makes the 'smirk' she gives him in the previous scene, hit on this point as well, but that's what makes it work so well when you think about the context.

Which means Bruce probably eventually knows full well that there's more to Diana that meets the eye, and vice versa, and it's part of what gives their scene tension but also chemistry depending on how they decide to pull it off. And she doesn't exactly hide her face as Wonder Woman just because she lets her hair down. Bruce will be like "oh.. I know her from the party..and I was right about her."

But all these things point to Diana having a major part in the film beyond just a cameo, her actions will be weaving throughout the film, be she in the background or the foreground she'll be making things happen and finding out about them while other things happen in the foreground.

I LOVE that Diana is going to get this kind of role in the film. This is what makes me laugh when people say that the trailer showed 'too much of what Diana does' and 'showed the entire film'. Diana's role in all this is still unknown as well as the 5-6 scenes that she's in that we've only seen glimpses or images of. One things for sure, bonus addition she isn't, she's integral to the story and may in many ways be what winds it all together and makes it come full circle. before she even APPEARS as Wonder Woman..

If THAT is the case... that will be amazing.
    Last edited by Majesty; 12-08-2015 at 04:08 AM.

I would assume that too.. if not for ..

That's the dress from that party. So either Bruce is chasing her through the party trying to talk to her, maybe noticing she is up to something but she departs before he can catch her. Or they have a conversation and that is how they depart. But they're obviously going to have conversations. Also, notice that slight grin she gives Bruce before she gets into the car. Either something was said and that was her 'nod' towards him about his suspicions, or it's her way of letting him know that he didn't catch up to her when she knew he was trying to. A 'better luck next time, trying to find out what I'm doing' kind of smirk. I LOVE that.. it's small little parts of acting that get you. That little smirk could mean so many things depending on the scene that proceeds it. I feel maybe a tension filled scene, given how Bruce feels about Superman and his power, having his assumptions about Diana and what she may do, sensing something.. more. Diana may not give it away, but she gives him a smirk regardless before going into her car, which will leave Bruce there staring in her direction. But unable to really reply anything, she wins that moment and it was as subtle as could be, but beautifully done. And also.. THAT'S DIANA!! ^_^

Then we have this scene of course

So we know of two separate occasions where Bruce and Diana both meet and have conversation with her as Diana and him as Bruce.

There's also an entirely other scene that is flashed that shows her in a different outfit than both of these scenes.

So what we do know is Diana is in about 3-4 scenes as Diana off what the trailers showed.

Then we have the leaked picture of her when she was filming and she was dressed in blue and looked like an ambassador.

So what this means is that Diana is in about 5 scenes of this actual film, 2 with which she know she interacts/has talks with Bruce Wayne and then she appears at the end as Wonder Woman.

This to me says that she'll have an important role in the film, perhaps a side story all her own of something she's trying to discover, as I said Diana was once an agent, so she knows how to get around and in and out without smashing things and can find out information in similar ways even without her lasso, just as Diana. This is stuff I'll love seeing touched on if they go that route with her to capture those dimensions.

To capture those dimensions of Diana before we even see her as Wonder Woman I think is going to be lovely.

Then you have Snyder whom said of Wonder Woman / Diana

“She plays a super-important part. In a lot of ways, she’s the gateway drug to 
the rest of the 
Justice League.”

Then you have her relationship with Bruce delved into by Affleck himself, which describes one of their scenes together

“I love the fact that there was this Thomas Crown Affair, Bond-y sexy scene that they wrote about two people who are pretending to be two different people who each know the secrets of the other person,”

This makes the 'smirk' she gives him in the previous scene, hit on this point as well, but that's what makes it work so well when you think about the context.

Which means Bruce probably eventually knows full well that there's more to Diana that meets the eye, and vice versa, and it's part of what gives their scene tension but also chemistry depending on how they decide to pull it off. And she doesn't exactly hide her face as Wonder Woman just because she lets her hair down. Bruce will be like "oh.. I know her from the party..and I was right about her."

But all these things point to Diana having a major part in the film beyond just a cameo, her actions will be weaving throughout the film, be she in the background or the foreground she'll be making things happen and finding out about them while other things happen in the foreground.

I LOVE that Diana is going to get this kind of role in the film. This is what makes me laugh when people say that the trailer showed 'too much of what Diana does' and 'showed the entire film'. Diana's role in all this is still unknown as well as the 5-6 scenes that she's in that we've only seen glimpses or images of. One things for sure, bonus addition she isn't, she's integral to the story and may in many ways be what winds it all together and makes it come full circle. before she even APPEARS as Wonder Woman..

If THAT is the case... that will be amazing.
    This is one of the best posts I've ever read on this thread. If Diana gets to have that kind of a part, I will be so ecstatic.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York