Page 221 of 269 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 4021
    Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    I would make that you were in a different theater? Also, that some people are really REALLY excited for Wonder Woman's appearance, some people are excited, and some people are not as excited. And some Star Wars fans happen to not care at all about Wonder Woman.

Not really anything to do with my post that you've quoted though.
    It seemed like the implication was that fans were gushing wildly over Wonder Womans entrance in the trailer, when I didn't see that at the screening I was.

If this is not what you implied, then I am in error and apologize. Otherwise, a little internet hyperbole?

Quote Originally Posted by Top Carnivore View Post
    Obviously your theater was filled with pod people. Tell me. Since then, have you gone to sleep?
    Maybe the theater was filled with people that are more like my personality. I normally do not get crazy over trailers or hype until I have actually seen the product.

As an example, if it wasn't for my brother, I would not have seen Star Wars this early as I do not want to wait in lines. But he got tickets with assigned seating for a Saturday night and we didn't have to wait. Based on hype alone, this movie should have blown my mind out, as I was an 11 year old when I saw the original Star Wars movie as a kid in the theaters and loved it. Sadly, while a fun movie, it borrowed way too many elements from the original Star Wars to do anything but blow my mind away. I hope this isn't the case with BvS or with Wonder Woman being in it, but with all the superhero movies that have been out now, is there really anything that we haven't seen in comic book movies yet?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I hope this isn't the case with BvS or with Wonder Woman being in it, but with all the superhero movies that have been out now, is there really anything that we haven't seen in comic book movies yet?
    Well, most of them have been made by the same studio following the exact same formula while these are made by someone different, so, yeah, I'd think so.

I'm cool, I guess, that not every single theatergoer leapt to their feet screaming, "OMG! WONDER WOMAN! OMG!"

Although I do feel sorry for those cold, emotionless humanoids who obviously lack a soul.
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

I'm cool, I guess, that not every single theatergoer leapt to their feet screaming, "OMG! WONDER WOMAN! OMG!"

Although I do feel sorry for those cold, emotionless humanoids who obviously lack a soul.
    I should shout out loud in my seat at a trailer to show soul? I know you are trying to joke (at least I hope so), but come on.

I should shout out loud in my seat at a trailer to show soul? I know you are trying to joke (at least I hope so), but come on.
    I don't know. Not for me to judge. But every single person in my sold-out theater broke into a spontaneous and oddly synchronized flash dance, fists raised, chanting, "Diana! Diana! Diana!"
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

I don't know. Not for me to judge. But every single person in my sold-out theater broke into a spontaneous and oddly synchronized flash dance, fists raised, chanting, "Diana! Diana! Diana!"
    A quick thinking fan would have videod'ed this and shown it on youtube or facebook. I would have like to have seen the flash dance

There is no way you could be making this up. We are all honest and don't exaggerate on this messageboard, right?

Time to take a step back and give the sarcasm and hyperbole a break, guys.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Happy holidays, Gaelforce!

It seemed like the implication was that fans were gushing wildly over Wonder Womans entrance in the trailer, when I didn't see that at the screening I was.

If this is not what you implied, then I am in error and apologize. Otherwise, a little internet hyperbole?
    I don't think I implied it, I stated it outright. And that's unfortunate, because it was really cool to experience all the gushing. But, it seems your experience may have been the minority. Here is an article, Tweets included:

http://dccomicsmovie.com/the-audienc...-to-star-wars/
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 12-22-2015 at 02:58 PM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

The Audience reacting to the events on the big screen goes back over 100 years

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    The Audience reacting to the events on the big screen goes back over 100 years
    Yeah but an audience chanting "Diana Diana Diana", I can't quite imagine that happen. I mean where I live, a significant portion of the audience wouldn't even know that's Wonder Woman, let alone that her civilian name is Diana.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    I don't think I implied it, I stated it outright. And that's unfortunate, because it was really cool to experience all the gushing. But, it seems your experience may have been the minority. Here is an article, Tweets included:

http://dccomicsmovie.com/the-audienc...-to-star-wars/
    TFA opened on something like +3000 screens in the US alone, thousands more the world over, you have 1 video, 3 or 4 tweets and you're calling that the "majority". I haven't gone see TFA yet, I'm gonna go this sunday, I'll tell you then what my experience was like

Quote Originally Posted by username_ View Post
    TFA opened on something like +3000 screens in the US alone, thousands more the world over, you have 1 video, 3 or 4 tweets and you're calling that the "majority". I haven't gone see TFA yet, I'm gonna go this sunday, I'll tell you then what my experience was like
    Hmmm...

The article shows over 50 different tweets from folks who saw many positive reactions, so it goes a bit beyond '3 or 4' tweets.

Clearly some of you will go to showings without the cheering, and I suspect that the further you get away from the opening weekend, the fewer such reactions you'll see as the audiences will be smaller and less pumped for Star Wars, but count me among those who heard a lot of cheers when Diana showed up

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Hmmm...

The article shows over 50 different tweets from folks who saw many positive reactions, so it goes a bit beyond '3 or 4' tweets.

Clearly some of you will go to showings without the cheering, and I suspect that the further you get away from the opening weekend, the fewer such reactions you'll see as the audiences will be smaller and less pumped for Star Wars, but count me among those who heard a lot of cheers when Diana showed up
    At the opening of Star Wars, BvS (especially Wonder Woman) got a huge response here in Dallas, TX!! I was actually pretty surprised because all I heard online was how much everyone hated the last trailer. It turns out WB knew what they were doing by putting a trailer together for the general audience.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!