Page 225 of 269 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 4021
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Only if one's expectations are ridiculously high, IMO.
    I set my expectations low at the start actually but they ballooned as the marketing campaign shifted its focus more towards Wonder Woman, I was suddenly convinced that albeit smaller, her role was gonna be impactful, that Wonder Woman was the piece of resistance I guess you can say. But I realize now that they've only done that because Wonder Woman got by far the best response in the comic con trailer but at that juncture the movie was already shot so her role is probably not gonna be THAT wonder-ful, pun intended.
    Oh well, as Wonder Woman fans we're well-acquainted with disappointment aren't we

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blaster86 View Post
    Yeah I think that what everyone is expecting her to do break up the fight and save there asses from lex luthor
    Yeah I think Wonder Woman's gonna be like "boys! I need some help here, please put your differences aside and get your cute little butts here N.O.W!!" which is what Snyder meant by "gateway drug to the justice league". When you put it like that it sounds like she's EXTREMELY important but really, she's just gonna ask for help lol

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    http://www.businessinsider.com/batma...resses-2013-11

Elodie Yung From The last GI Joe movie, and now she's playing Elektra on the Netflix Daredevil series.

Olga Kurylenko from the first Daniel Craig James Bond movie.

And Gal.
    Olga Kurylenko was from the second Craig Bond film, Quantum of Solace. The one everyone either dislikes or ignores. Even Spectre, the most recent Bond filmed ignored Quantum. Haha

Looking at the final three actresses, you can see that WB was casting for a certain look for Wonder Woman.

Gal Gadot: The Winner

Elodie Yung: Runner up

Olga Kurylenko: Runner up

All the actresses had to do a scene with Ben Affleck from Pulp Fiction. I assume the scene was the Jack Rabbit Slim's scene between Vincent Vega and Mia Wallace.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    Yeah I think Wonder Woman's gonna be like "boys! I need some help here, please put your differences aside and get your cute little butts here N.O.W!!" which is what Snyder meant by "gateway drug to the justice league". When you put it like that it sounds like she's EXTREMELY important but really, she's just gonna ask for help lol
    Actually I think she is going to be more like;
    *Jumps in and blocks Doomsdays heatvision, saving Batman who was still prepared to continue fighting Superman from his crashed plane, leaving both dumbstruck*
    "If you two are quite done, maybe you'd like to fight the real monster now?" (If it wasn't because Lois had already used the line in MoS, Diana could use the willy measuring line instead.)

Alternatively, she could vent on both of them that their little squabble was actually getting in her way, having been onto Luthor's potentially otherworldly connections from before Zods arrival or something like that. Use the fact that she's actually been out and about handling stuff like this since World War One.

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    The ViolatingNDA review - debunked.
    And now Snyder revealed she has a "cameo, hm no, it's a bit bigger than that, she comes in and does something" which essentially means that she forces Superman and Batman to mend their fences and join forces with her in order to beat Doomsday. In a nutshell, she does nothing of note, she's the momsy figure that breaks them up. She also stops a blast of heat vision with her shield, impressive.
    I'm telling you now, you're in for a hell of a disappointment
    Oh, you've seen the movie?

Last I checked the movie was called "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" not "Wonder Woman Rules All."
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Yeah I think that what everyone is expecting her to do break up the fight and save there asses from lex luthor
    Heh. Well, that's delusional thinking in a film called Batman vs. Superman. The bottom line is, whatever she does in the film, Wondy will look great doing it.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Fantastic Member

There is nothing to be disappointed with. The film is called BATMAN v SUPERMAN. The fact that Wonder Woman is in it at all, in any capacity, is exciting. But the character is not just showing up in the final scene; we've seen trailers, we've seen pictures. I suppose it's possible that they deleted every scene with Diana in it other than the climactic finale but it seems unlikely. One way or another, there is a movie that's currently being shot, it's called Wonder Woman. I daresay she'll have a little bit more than a cameo in that.

Fantastic Member

Heh. Well, that's delusional thinking in a film called Batman vs. Superman. The bottom line is, whatever she does in the film, Wondy will look great doing it.
    Not really, what would be delusional would be me expecting her character have some sort of creator development in this movie

Not really, what would be delusional would be me expecting her character have some sort of creator development in this movie
    Who said I didn't want that? I was talking about Wonder Woman saving the day to a degree greater than Bats or Supes, which is just silly, IMO.

Fantastic Member

Who said I didn't want that? I was talking about Wonder Woman saving the day to a degree greater than Bats or Supes, which is just silly, IMO.
    And I never said that. I just said she will save there ass and stop the fight.
    Last edited by blaster86; 01-08-2016 at 09:37 AM.

And I never said that. I just said she will save there ass and stop the fight.
    Well... who would look the best in that situation? The better scenario is Diana helping them at that particular time and everybody getting an equal share of the glory.

I absolutely can not wait for this movie.

BANNED

https://twitter.com/colliderfrosty/s...?ref_src=twsrc

"since it's late & no one is online..
    I keep hearing Gal Gadot is the real star of Batman v Superman. More excited than ever for Wonder Woman"

I don't mind that characterization of Diana per-se (or however you spell the darn word), but I hope it's not all she is, you know? Like I don't want to see her putting all the guys on the JL on timeout because they're not behaving, or something like that. Basically, I don't want them to bash it over our heads that she's the "Team Mom/Big Sis". Let her have her own ego and opinions, and not just be the mediator between the men. Adding another woman can probably reduce the likelihood that she'll embrace this trope.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

BANNED

To my eyes a line 'What Wonder Woman wants. Wonder Woman gets." is a line that makes me conclude that Diana is not someone who goes around a cleans up after others, she has her own goals, her own means of getting there and it's going to take more than some guy in a suit to stop her from getting to where she wants to be.
    In fact what this could be perfectly illustrated with is the panel from the 2nd JL issue where Diana had just exited the building by going through a wall, leaving a room full of big guys with guns and uniforms trying to explain to their superior why Diana is no longer in the building.

Edit: Regarding Collider, I fell over Snyders description of what Wonder Woman is doing in BvS:

She has a cameo... no not really, she comes in and does something.
    Makes me think of her coming in like the Terminator to Bruce and Clark: "Come with me if you want to live." for some reason... that would be fun
    Last edited by Outside_85; 01-08-2016 at 11:14 AM.