Page 229 of 269 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 4021
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    A few infos about Wonder Gal from Empire:

"You learn pretty early on that Lex is interested in metahuman existence," Snyder explains, "and that there might be some relationship between that investigation and the appearance of Diana Prince."

"It was incredibly organic how Wonder Woman came into the story," Zack Snyder tells Empire Magazine about the decision to include Wonder Woman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. "The whole concept came of, 'Let's not save anything. Let's try it all.' Then Wonder Woman's entrance made us realise we were much closer to the Justice League than we thought. We realised we were one movie away." Gal Gadot on the other hand had no idea just how significant her role here would be for the DC Films Universe, admitting that she initially thought that the filmmaker wanted her for the role of Selina Kyle/Catwoman (that would have been interesting to see!).

Regardless, the magazine then goes on to reveal that this version of Wonder Woman is over 5000 years old when we first meet her, and that she's put her superhero days behind her before unknown circumstances force the character to give up her retirement. Why though has she stopped protecting the world? "Because she's seen it all, she has seen what humans can do, so it was very hard for her to come back and fight," Gadot explains before weighing on what separates Diana Prince from Wonder Woman. "They have the same attitude. Although when she is Diana she tries to blend in, she is not too outgoing. I don't want people to think she is perfect. She can be naughty."

Executive producer Deborah Snyder meanwhile was quick to pick up on that, and shed some new light on what's in store for Wonder Woman when she makes the leap to her own solo outing next year. "Her sexuality is part of her power, but she is also a feminist icon. Gender has been a hot topic, so it is very timely to bring her back. The way we have approached it, especially in the stand alone ovie, that is definitely there. Looking back and doing an origin story - and it is a period piece - see the role of women through history. There is a great source of humour in that now. It is so unbelievable you can't even fathom it. You are still making a statement, but having some fun with it."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman...tman-v-a130405

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman...batman-a130408
    so wonder owman is a 5000 years old woman that retired from superheroics because she gave up on humanity. this is a interesting arc for the character

now nobody says that secuality is part of the power of batman or superman, but they always say this about female heroes/villains. pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    So, just to keep count, this is 5 different outfits (so 5 different scenes) as Diana Prince, not including the Wonder Woman scenes. Yeeeah, sure, her role is pretty insignificant in this movie...
    6, if you include the Wonder Woman costume!
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    so wonder owman is a 5000 years old woman that retired from superheroics because she gave up on humanity. this is a interesting arc for the character

now nobody says that secuality is part of the power of batman or superman, but they always say this about female heroes/villains. pathetic
    Honestly between this and Batman, I have to question DC cinematic Universe ideal version of making Superman look like the first superhero out there. With this news it just shows us that Superman isn't the first hero out there and that Wonder Woman's old. Something tells me they're going the Marvel's Steve Rogers route almost with that 5000 year old comment.

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I read a spoiler review of the movie that had this quote. I can't wait to see this if it pans out to be true.
    This quote makes me very happy, the last part in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    The ViolatingNDA review - debunked.
    And now Snyder revealed she has a "cameo, hm no, it's a bit bigger than that, she comes in and does something" which essentially means that she forces Superman and Batman to mend their fences and join forces with her in order to beat Doomsday. In a nutshell, she does nothing of note, she's the momsy figure that breaks them up. She also stops a blast of heat vision with her shield, impressive.
    I'm telling you now, you're in for a hell of a disappointment
    I have been very afraid for a long time but the recent footage and clues have shifted me from scared to very confident and excited. From a purist standpoint, of course I still have trepidations as I am not a fan of the 52 interp. I do not want super 300 hoplite woman. I want Wonder Woman with lasso, tiara, and bracelets. BUT all of the information I have consumed indicates that they will do a good job of preserving the core DNA of the character and action will be thoughtful. Since it's Snyder there is a danger of the action looking too much like a video game cutscene but where Wondy is concerned we are going to be pleasantly surprised. There looks to be several significant action sequences in which she features.

Fantastic Member

I thought the WW treaser was eh. It didn't show enough to for me to feel anything about it althought I like that Diana looks like she is not in Superman's power class. It keeps her from looking like a Superman with boobs.

BANNED

5000 years? I'll be honest, that sounds like too much, that would make her as old as some of the earliest civilizations in the western world and Stonehenge.
    I'd be fine with the Amazon civilization being that old, but Diana herself, I think, needs to be significantly younger than her sisters. They are the ones that are supposed to have seen everything and grown jaded and apathetic towards Mans World, while Diana should have the youthful optimism and hope that the others have lost.

But that said, the age could hint at how the story of the Amazons and Olympian fit into the DCU. Like, if the age sticks, the Amazons could essentially be survivors from a bygone age that has since all but vanished, leaving little behind of it having existed. Lex has managed to find some of these and worked out a theory that 'metahumans' have been around for as long as mankind, only in the ancient world, they were assumed to be gods and demigods. So essentially people like Perseus, Hercules and the various monsters they were fighting did actually exist and were the superheroes and villains of their age.
    If you wanted to explain Lex's fear of them, perhaps you could put it down to metahumans that next to nothing of this age now exists and Lex fears mankind is heading towards another massive reboot.
    Last edited by Outside_85; 01-26-2016 at 12:43 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    5000 years? I'll be honest, that sounds like too much, that would make her as old as some of the earliest civilizations in the western world and Stonehenge.
    I'd be fine with the Amazon civilization being that old, but Diana herself, I think, needs to be significantly younger than her sisters. They are the ones that are supposed to have seen everything and grown jaded and apathetic towards Mans World, while Diana should have the youthful optimism and hope that the others have lost.

But that said, the age could hint at how the story of the Amazons and Olympian fit into the DCU. Like, if the age sticks, the Amazons could essentially be survivors from a bygone age that has since all but vanished, leaving little behind of it having existed. Lex has managed to find some of these and worked out a theory that 'metahumans' have been around for as long as mankind, only in the ancient world, they were assumed to be gods and demigods. So essentially people like Perseus, Hercules and the various monsters they were fighting did actually exist and were the superheroes and villains of their age.
    If you wanted to explain Lex's fear of them, perhaps you could put it down to metahumans that next to nothing of this age now exists and Lex fears mankind is heading towards another massive reboot.
    Back to that "the Amazons are descended from the Kryptonian survivors on the ship Supes found in MoS" fan-theory, then.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Back to that "the Amazons are descended from the Kryptonian survivors on the ship Supes found in MoS" fan-theory, then.
    no no no no... NO!

I am arguing that with the 5000 years of age could imply that there on the DC Earth was a lost 'Hyborean Age' where all the myths, gods and monsters lived in.

Granted the open pod could have produced a single live Kryptonian, but thats assuming there was ever was one inside. I mean isn't it odd that if there was a survivor that this someone would leave his/her fellows entombed in the pods and seemingly leave everything behind while not even bothering with sending a distress signal back to Krypton? For that matter, the open pod could technically have been someone like Vandal Savage that made it inside and made off with the body.

Quote Originally Posted by dangleo61288 View Post
    I thought the WW treaser was eh. It didn't show enough to for me to feel anything about it althought I like that Diana looks like she is not in Superman's power class. It keeps her from looking like a Superman with boobs.
    Superman is not the only character in fiction that can fly. Nor is he the first.

And I love how you think putting her in Superman's weight class makes her a rip off but lowering her power level somehow won't make her seem derivative of other characters with similar weapons or abilities.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Superman is not the only character in fiction that can fly. Nor is he the first.

And I love how you think putting her in Superman's weight class makes her a rip off but lowering her power level somehow won't make her seem derivative of other characters with similar weapons or abilities.
    I am not only one who thinks that. In fact a lot of people do.

Quote Originally Posted by dangleo61288 View Post
    I am not only one who thinks that. In fact a lot of people do.
    A lot also think the images make her look like Xena. Others have also compared her to Captain America. In the end, people are going to male comparisons between characters regardless of how true those similarities actually are. Lowering her power level is no guarantee of success or that people won't think she's derivative of someone else.

BANNED

Pine is really into wonder woman character and movie.

here is the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqoWqCuBmWw

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Honestly between this and Batman, I have to question DC cinematic Universe ideal version of making Superman look like the first superhero out there. With this news it just shows us that Superman isn't the first hero out there and that Wonder Woman's old. Something tells me they're going the Marvel's Steve Rogers route almost with that 5000 year old comment.
    this is some plot hole, because it is stated that superman is the first hero

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    this is some plot hole, because it is stated that superman is the first hero
    Its not really a plot hole. Bruce is more of an Urban Legend if anything, Gotham kind of knows about him and he sticks to there. Diana is a Myth from a bygone era, travels the world fights mythological beings and beasts, protecting the world before the age of computers. She would have a picture here or there but nobody would take it seriously. Especially a Woman leading the charge. This is probably also the reason she disappears after the first World War. Arthur doesn't care about the surface world unless it comes into contact with his Kingdom, which is really none until the World Engine almost destroyed everything. Clark coming to Earth and fighting Zod brings all these people out to the forefront of everything and puts them in the current age of the Internet, where it is a hell of a lot harder to hide and everything is instant, cellphones etc. He forces them into the Light so-to-speak, being the first "hero" of the current age. Quite simple explanations I think.
    Richard Alexander