Page 253 of 269 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 4021

Sooooo...image.jpg
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Extended clip from 007... err I mean BvS:

I keep looking at this on repeat. lol. Thursday can't get here quick enough.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Sooooo...image.jpg
    Who WAS that I was arguing with about the blast coming from her. This and the affect in the Injustice game proves its her that is making it.
    Richard Alexander

She's gonna kill it. Just about everyone who has seen it says she steals the show. She has a small role but makes a major impression

Also, after watching that clip, it makes sense why Gal originally thought she was auditioning for Catwoman.
    Last edited by The Kid; 03-17-2016 at 10:26 PM.

All-New Member

I've been a Gal superfan since day 1, but I must comment after the party scene clip. I don't want her compared to Selina or Talia. She is WONDER WOMAN. Diana Prince. the Amazon Princess. And yes, I'm going to comment on her looks. She is in the 'sexy model babe' category like Selina and Talia, and I think Wonder Woman should be sexy, but she should be regal...and motherly. I don't see it yet. Her sexy thin frame might be...a bit too sexy. Gal has a very 'magical' quality especially when she smiles which is super important to WW but I'm not sold on her matriarchal qualities just yet. She is more like Wonder-in-my-early-20s Girl than Wonder WOMAN. Megan Gale had the motherly/woman thing down no question, Gal will just have to convince me.

just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Extended clip from 007... err I mean BvS:

this may be the thousandth time I've said this about Gal.. but...

THAT'S DIANA!!!

She has such a natural regal-ness to her.

She can't be compared to Selina or Tahlia. You just get the feeling that she 'knows' so much. And when Bruce thinks he has her figured on the level of Selina or Tahlia (which are the women he's referencing as he's the Batman from the comics), the way she responds, and gives him a coy smile that says all it needs to say, and her reply was all that needed to be said. And the way she tucked his tie and patted his chest as a way of saying 'nice try jr, but I'm a few leagues higher than whoever you're trying to compare me to.' in a subtle way.

It captures Diana so perfectly, and precisely who she is. In many ways, she is the smartest and most on level or surpassed that Bruce has ever had to deal with in any live action Batman film. She can match him in his banter, philosophies, as well as the detective side of things, as she WAS once a spy, and you can hear that experience. She's actually helping him, she knows what he's been up to, and she's lending a hand behind the scenes because they want the same thing.

There's not been another female introduced into any Batman live action movie that you could legitimately was presented as an EQUAL, to Bruce. They tried to write a few that way, but they didn't pull it off correctly(Tahlia in The Dark Knight Rises, and Catwoman for that matter). But Diana you just feel is on another level here, and that's what it should feel like.

You get the feeling Bruce could learn a thing or two from HER, and this scene put her FIRMLY in that seat.

THIS is how you portray freaking Diana!!!!

What made their chemistry (however you wish to see it) in the first place was Diana being presented as knowing more than he did. (I'm not going into New52, New52 can go (bleeeeeeeeeeeeeep) itself).

But Diana was always presented as being intelligent, having reason, and understanding war and suffering and pain more so than Bruce because she HAD seen it, she'd LIVED it. They were both warriors, but there was never a doubt Diana had been everywhere Bruce had been, been to the edges he'd been, and pushed boundaries he doesn't allow himself to go to. From my perspective, I always felt like she was teaching HIM.

Bruce even went out of his way to try to understand her culture and ways of combat, theory and legend, and she would often correct him. Be it physically or mentally.

I feel like this Diana could always 'correct' Bruce, if she needed to. And again, be it physically (look at her subtle reaction when he grabs her arm, great acting there), or mentally (the close to their conversation).

Diana is in a league and level Bruce has never seen, or experienced before, and that's precisely how it should be, especially in her first introduction. I'd go as far as to say I'd like to see HER be the one that saves the day in the end. We've seen Batman and Superman do it tons of times, I get the feeling Wonder Woman is the X-Factor and the tide turner. If she gets that role, especially in the final fight, I am going to go out and buy the first comic that the new Wonder Woman will be based upon (which will be Gal's portrayal in this film and her movie).

Hope it continues in the upward swing! (points for you if you catch that reference) ^_^
    Last edited by Majesty; 03-18-2016 at 12:41 AM.

Fantastic Member

I don't see them as flirting at all. I think Bruce, much like those of us watching might be assuming, sees this woman as another Selina or Thalia and that's the kind of exchange he's attempting to have, but Diana is having none of it. When you watch this full exchange it makes it much clearer that when she says "Oh, I don't think you've ever known a woman like me.", she's not flirting, she's simply stating a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    this may be the thousandth time I've said this about Gal.. but...

THAT'S DIANA!!!

She has such a natural regal-ness to her.

She can't be compared to Selina or Tahlia. You just get the feeling that she 'knows' so much. And when Bruce thinks he has her figured on the level of Selina or Tahlia (which are the women he's referencing as he's the Batman from the comics), the way she responds, and gives him a coy smile that says all it needs to say, and her reply was all that needed to be said. And the way she tucked his tie and patted his chest as a way of saying 'nice try jr, but I'm a few leagues higher than whoever you're trying to compare me to.' in a subtle way.

It captures Diana so perfectly, and precisely who she is. In many ways, she is the smartest and most on level or surpassed that Bruce has ever had to deal with in any live action Batman film. She can match him in his banter, philosophies, as well as the detective side of things, as she WAS once a spy, and you can hear that experience. She's actually helping him, she knows what he's been up to, and she's lending a hand behind the scenes because they want the same thing.

There's not been another female introduced into any Batman live action movie that you could legitimately was presented as an EQUAL, to Bruce. They tried to write a few that way, but they didn't pull it off correctly(Tahlia in The Dark Knight Rises, and Catwoman for that matter). But Diana you just feel is on another level here, and that's what it should feel like.

You get the feeling Bruce could learn a thing or two from HER, and this scene put her FIRMLY in that seat.

THIS is how you portray freaking Diana!!!!

What made their chemistry (however you wish to see it) in the first place was Diana being presented as knowing more than he did.
    (I'm not going into New52, New52 can go (bleeeeeeeeeeeeeep) itself).

But Diana was always presented as being intelligent, having reason, and understanding war and suffering and pain more so than Bruce because she HAD seen it, she'd LIVED it. They were both warriors, but there was never a doubt Diana had been everywhere Bruce had been, been to the edges he'd been, and pushed boundaries he doesn't allow himself to go to. From my perspective, I always felt like she was teaching HIM.

Bruce even went out of his way to try to understand her culture and ways of combat, theory and legend, and she would often correct him. Be it physically or mentally.

I feel like this Diana could always 'correct' Bruce, if she needed to. And again, be it physically (look at her subtle reaction when he grabs her arm, great acting there), or mentally (the close to their conversation).

Diana is in a league and level Bruce has never seen, or experienced before, and that's precisely how it should be, especially in her first introduction. I'd go as far as to say I'd like to see HER be the one that saves the day in the end. We've seen Batman and Superman do it tons of times, I get the feeling Wonder Woman is the X-Factor and the tide turner. If she gets that role, especially in the final fight, I am going to go out and buy the first comic that the new Wonder Woman will be based upon (which will be Gal's portrayal in this film and her movie).

Hope it continues in the upward swing! (points for you if you catch that reference) ^_^
    Really? Because I've never seen it portrayed that way. Could you site some examples please?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Who WAS that I was arguing with about the blast coming from her. This and the affect in the Injustice game proves its her that is making it.
    One spark does not an explosion make. It may however make a shield that a massive beam of heatvision bounces off.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Really? Because I've never seen it portrayed that way. Could you site some examples please?

Just the vibe I always got. Always felt like when he'd talk he spoke from what he experienced(he knows all the holds and techniques), she spoke from what he lived(she was probably around when those 'holds' and techniques were invented, and knew who invented them lol).

One that always stuck out to me, physically, was when they sparred, and Batman described what he would do, Diana described how she'd counter, almost asking him what he'd try to do in response, he gave his response and the technique he'd use, and she responded with the direct counter that threw him out of it, essentially outcountering what his counters would be. Getting one over on him.

Some people saw some flirting there, I can understand why, I saw some of it too, it perhaps was a 'game' of sorts but my FIRST impression was always that Diana knew more about it than he did. That his counters would only go so far, and his methods would only reach a certain extent but that Diana would have an answer. This is HER LIFE. They always sparred one another, and she did it without using her powers but I always felt like he was learning more than she was taking away from it. But her knowledge of it, almost as if she was the one testing him instead was something I always enjoyed. It always added to it to me.

Because Diana was the only girl I felt was actually teaching Bruce on a level most people don't seem to think about, and that was on combat, in combat. But also their banter back and forth, the things he'd do that would over complicate things and she'd chime in with a better solution or how much of a waste that solution was in comparison to the latter. There have been other times with which he has tried to impose his way, his thought, his will, or what he felt 'needed' to be done upon her, and she put him in check right away, be it by physically stopping him, or her words. and when Batman out and out admitted that Diana was a greater fighter than him that sealed it to me. He WAS learning from her, and what he learned was that she bested him in a one on one scenario because she just knew that much more than he did, not because of her 'power' but because of her skill and her knowledge. Two of some of the most beautiful things about her when she's done correctly.

I cannot find those pages but I'm sure they are floating around the internet if you looked, if I can ever get my stash out of storage before I move I'll take some camera phone shots if this topic is still up for grabs lol. Otherwise a quick google search could solve a lot lol, even here I'm sure I've posted up some pics with scenes of them.

However from a personal standpoint, when I read the comics I always felt like Diana was the most mature of the three, of the trinity. One scene that will always stand out to me was how she essentially mocked both Clark and Bruce for 'making such a show' out of their 'secret identities'. Whereas she, Diana doesn't consider "Diana Prince" to be her 'secret' identity, just her private life. Whereas she sees how Bruce and Clark play it, as a 'game' they play.

When I read that I felt she was the most mature of the three.

So Diana with the "I'm in another league you can't imagine' smile and adjustment of Bruce's tie reminds me of that Diana, and that is what makes me so excited. She didn't out and out say "You know what Bruce. I'm better than you and I'm gonna prove it" like Slade did (and then backed it up), but her smile said it all. That was all I needed.

What I needed was to see a Diana that would carry and own every scene she's in, even when she's sharing it with imposing personalities like Batman and/or Superman, and I get that feeling completely and I love it. It's easy to get lost in the shuffle/background when sharing the screen with one, let alone BOTH of them, but that scene made me feel like Diana's gonna carry it on equal and at times even surpassing terms whenever in a scene with either one of them. I couldn't ask for much more than that and I get the feeling she'll be the one people are talking about most after this movie. That and Jesse's performance as Lex Luthor who I think will shock a lot of doubters.

Just the vibe I always got. Always felt like when he'd talk he spoke from what he experienced(he knows all the holds and techniques), she spoke from what he lived(she was probably around when those 'holds' and techniques were invented, and knew who invented them lol).

One that always stuck out to me, physically, was when they sparred, and Batman described what he would do, Diana described how she'd counter, almost asking him what he'd try to do in response, he gave his response and the technique he'd use, and she responded with the direct counter that threw him out of it, essentially outcountering what his counters would be. Getting one over on him.

Some people saw some flirting there, I can understand why, I saw some of it too, it perhaps was a 'game' of sorts but my FIRST impression was always that Diana knew more about it than he did. That his counters would only go so far, and his methods would only reach a certain extent but that Diana would have an answer. This is HER LIFE. They always sparred one another, and she did it without using her powers but I always felt like he was learning more than she was taking away from it. But her knowledge of it, almost as if she was the one testing him instead was something I always enjoyed. It always added to it to me.

Because Diana was the only girl I felt was actually teaching Bruce on a level most people don't seem to think about, and that was on combat, in combat. But also their banter back and forth, the things he'd do that would over complicate things and she'd chime in with a better solution or how much of a waste that solution was in comparison to the latter. There have been other times with which he has tried to impose his way, his thought, his will, or what he felt 'needed' to be done upon her, and she put him in check right away, be it by physically stopping him, or her words. and when Batman out and out admitted that Diana was a greater fighter than him that sealed it to me. He WAS learning from her, and what he learned was that she bested him in a one on one scenario because she just knew that much more than he did, not because of her 'power' but because of her skill and her knowledge. Two of some of the most beautiful things about her when she's done correctly.

I cannot find those pages but I'm sure they are floating around the internet if you looked, if I can ever get my stash out of storage before I move I'll take some camera phone shots if this topic is still up for grabs lol. Otherwise a quick google search could solve a lot lol, even here I'm sure I've posted up some pics with scenes of them.

However from a personal standpoint, when I read the comics I always felt like Diana was the most mature of the three, of the trinity. One scene that will always stand out to me was how she essentially mocked both Clark and Bruce for 'making such a show' out of their 'secret identities'. Whereas she, Diana doesn't consider "Diana Prince" to be her 'secret' identity, just her private life. Whereas she sees how Bruce and Clark play it, as a 'game' they play.

When I read that I felt she was the most mature of the three.

So Diana with the "I'm in another league you can't imagine' smile and adjustment of Bruce's tie reminds me of that Diana, and that is what makes me so excited. She didn't out and out say "You know what Bruce. I'm better than you and I'm gonna prove it" like Slade did (and then backed it up), but her smile said it all. That was all I needed.

What I needed was to see a Diana that would carry and own every scene she's in, even when she's sharing it with imposing personalities like Batman and/or Superman, and I get that feeling completely and I love it. It's easy to get lost in the shuffle/background when sharing the screen with one, let alone BOTH of them, but that scene made me feel like Diana's gonna carry it on equal and at times even surpassing terms whenever in a scene with either one of them. I couldn't ask for much more than that and I get the feeling she'll be the one people are talking about most after this movie. That and Jesse's performance as Lex Luthor who I think will shock a lot of doubters.
    In the pre-52, her age was often set as being within the same range as Bruce and Clark though. And unlike them, she wasn't born into our world. This is the first continuity where she's older than Bruce and Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    In the pre-52, her age was often set as being within the same range as Bruce and Clark though. And unlike them, she wasn't born into our world. This is the first continuity where she's older than Bruce and Clark.

Not how I remember it. How I remember it was her age never 'really' coming into question, or when it was it was extremely inconsistent. The New52 was the first time I ever saw it stated she was in her 20s.

Whereas her age always fluctuated in the comics, and she always remained young even in the face of everyone else essentially getting old. And I grew up on the comics and the tv series, the comics which never really addressed her age with any consistency, and the tv series which always put her in her hundreds and potentially thousands, even Young Justice had her close to 100, in her 80s at least. Those shows aren't exactly canon. But I wasn't one of those kid whom looked everything up on the internet on the dial up AOL service. gamefaqs was where I was most of the time when I wasn't reading comics :P

So to me Diana was always in her hundreds, which is why I interpreted things the way I did. Particularly with the Lynda Carter TV show, which actually was the first time I saw it addressed how old she was. She was "up there" in age, because she'd often express memories she had that were hundreds of years old. "You've almost made me lose my temper. Something I haven't done in over 400 years." to her days hanging with Plato, it was as common as a flashback in a Seth McFarlene comedy, when lines of dialogue like that, in addition to the comics never 'really' addressing it with any kind of consistency, Diana has always been hundreds to thousands of years old to me.

Whenever they did address her essential immortality I saw ages fluctuate whenever they were addressed from mid 30s, to hinting that she was thousands of years old so I didn't stress about it. They were making her age whatever the writers wanted it, she was middle aged, she was hundreds of years old, she was thousands of years old she was an undercover Time Lord Hippolyta, at that point I just stopped caring, cause I was never gonna get a straight answer and took her to be thousands of years old and was done with it. Again, I will continue to state Wonder Woman has been one of the most inconsistently written characters I ever had the pleasure of reading and loving. I could, till New52 still ask people if Wonder Woman was bullet proof or not and not get a straight answer, or a confused look. Something I hope this new incarnation fixes and makes consistent.

So this continuity(the movie one) is not the first where Diana is presented as older than Clark and Bruce, or even the first to present her as being hundreds to thousands of years old. The New52 is actually the only time I ever really remember it being explicitly stated that Diana was in her 20s. Amazingly enough that version is the one I felt the least connected to in any incarnation and the New52 in general is why I stopped buying DC comics. Any dealing with the trinity anyway. And THIS Diana isn't the New52 Diana, and thank goodness for that.
    Last edited by Majesty; 03-18-2016 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by majesty View Post
    this may be the thousandth time i've said this about gal.. But...

That's diana!!! :d

she has such a natural regal-ness to her.

She can't be compared to selina or tahlia. You just get the feeling that she 'knows' so much. And when bruce thinks he has her figured on the level of selina or tahlia (which are the women he's referencing as he's the batman from the comics), the way she responds, and gives him a coy smile that says all it needs to say, and her reply was all that needed to be said. And the way she tucked his tie and patted his chest as a way of saying 'nice try jr, but i'm a few leagues higher than whoever you're trying to compare me to.' in a subtle way.

It captures diana so perfectly, and precisely who she is. In many ways, she is the smartest and most on level or surpassed that bruce has ever had to deal with in any live action batman film. She can match him in his banter, philosophies, as well as the detective side of things, as she was once a spy, and you can hear that experience. She's actually helping him, she knows what he's been up to, and she's lending a hand behind the scenes because they want the same thing.

There's not been another female introduced into any batman live action movie that you could legitimately was presented as an equal, to bruce. They tried to write a few that way, but they didn't pull it off correctly(tahlia in the dark knight rises, and catwoman for that matter). But diana you just feel is on another level here, and that's what it should feel like.

You get the feeling bruce could learn a thing or two from her, and this scene put her firmly in that seat.

This is how you portray freaking diana!!!!

What made their chemistry (however you wish to see it) in the first place was diana being presented as knowing more than he did. (i'm not going into new52, new52 can go (bleeeeeeeeeeeeeep) itself).

But diana was always presented as being intelligent, having reason, and understanding war and suffering and pain more so than bruce because she had seen it, she'd lived it. They were both warriors, but there was never a doubt diana had been everywhere bruce had been, been to the edges he'd been, and pushed boundaries he doesn't allow himself to go to. From my perspective, i always felt like she was teaching him.

I feel like this diana could always 'correct' bruce, if she needed to. And again, be it physically (look at her subtle reaction when he grabs her arm, great acting there), or mentally (the close to their conversation).

Diana is in a league and level bruce has never seen, or experienced before, and that's precisely how it should be, especially in her first introduction. I'd go as far as to say i'd like to see her be the one that saves the day in the end. We've seen batman and superman do it tons of times, i get the feeling wonder woman is the x-factor and the tide turner. If she gets that role, especially in the final fight, i am going to go out and buy the first comic that the new wonder woman will be based upon (which will be gal's portrayal in this film and her movie).

hear frakkin hear!!!!!

Not how I remember it. How I remember it was her age never 'really' coming into question, or when it was it was extremely inconsistent. The New52 was the first time I ever saw it stated she was in her 20s.

Whereas her age always fluctuated in the comics, and she always remained young even in the face of everyone else essentially getting old. And I grew up on the comics and the tv series, the comics which never really addressed her age with any consistency, and the tv series which always put her in her hundreds and potentially thousands, even Young Justice had her close to 100, in her 80s at least. Those shows aren't exactly canon. But I wasn't one of those kid whom looked everything up on the internet on the dial up AOL service. gamefaqs was where I was most of the time when I wasn't reading comics :P

So to me Diana was always in her hundreds, which is why I interpreted things the way I did. Particularly with the Lynda Carter TV show, which actually was the first time I saw it addressed how old she was. She was "up there" in age, because she'd often express memories she had that were hundreds of years old. "You've almost made me lose my temper. Something I haven't done in over 400 years." to her days hanging with Plato, it was as common as a flashback in a Seth McFarlene comedy, when lines of dialogue like that, in addition to the comics never 'really' addressing it with any kind of consistency, Diana has always been hundreds to thousands of years old to me.

Whenever they did address her essential immortality I saw ages fluctuate whenever they were addressed from mid 30s, to hinting that she was thousands of years old so I didn't stress about it. They were making her age whatever the writers wanted it, she was middle aged, she was hundreds of years old, she was thousands of years old she was an undercover Time Lord Hippolyta, at that point I just stopped caring, cause I was never gonna get a straight answer and took her to be thousands of years old and was done with it. Again, I will continue to state Wonder Woman has been one of the most inconsistently written characters I ever had the pleasure of reading and loving. I could, till New52 still ask people if Wonder Woman was bullet proof or not and not get a straight answer, or a confused look. Something I hope this new incarnation fixes and makes consistent.

So this continuity(the movie one) is not the first where Diana is presented as older than Clark and Bruce, or even the first to present her as being hundreds to thousands of years old. The New52 is actually the only time I ever really remember it being explicitly stated that Diana was in her 20s. Amazingly enough that version is the one I felt the least connected to in any incarnation and the New52 in general is why I stopped buying DC comics. Any dealing with the trinity anyway. And THIS Diana isn't the New52 Diana, and thank goodness for that.
    2,227 years old....she states it in episode Anschluss 77'