Page 255 of 269 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 4021

Ahh, yeah, that would make sense too.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I think she is referring to Lex Luthor, it's known that both of them are rivals in stealing some secrets from Lex.
    Yep I love the line "Is it stealing if you steal from another thief?"

Bruce had no retort to that lol, her way of saying "yeah I know what you're up to too."

She matches wits with him so perfectly and it's lovely to see the playing field like that far as she goes, and it's established early on just what level she's on, and that's just her as Diana, not even to do with Wonder Woman. Which means the fact she's a "superhero" isn't what's impressive here, it's who she is in her 'private life' that gets that credence and credit. Her character and personality.

For that reason I love they establish this about her character before we even see her as Wonder Woman.

I also think they edited out some dialogue in between. After she says 'the same guy you're interested in' and Bruce goes 'oh really' it looks like they have some other bit of dialogue there but it was edited out, and that's when Diana says 'the data you stole was military encrypted.' Almost her way of telling him to be careful or watch out for himself, cause whatever he 'stole' could still be traced back to him.

If that's the case it is very easy to see why Bruce initially tries to peg her as someone like Talia or Selina. Because they 'help', him when they're already getting away with something grimy and count on him to let that slide. So Bruce is all "ah..I've seen this game before.", which is why Diana responds with "oh this is no game, and I'm on a level you've never had to deal with before. But nice try jr(adjusts his tie and pats his chest in a 'good job for trying' kind of way). Diana's background as a spy also really shows through here. And when you consider it, if she's an agent throughout the events of WWI in her own movie throughout history, then there's also potential that she in her own right is a detective or agent herself, and that kind of experience she understands both old school and new school, which is again, how she is able to stay with Bruce on that aspect as well. She's seen things he's never seen, the origins of technologies he was born into already having exist in the world. She is not just a superhero, she was a superspy and detective in her own right. This means she can match Bruce on a level more so than "physicality cause she's naturally stronger." but it also means she's not just a brilliant tactician in the forms of combat(which is unknown at this point in the story), but the forms of espionage too. Stuff Bruce already knows, but Diana also knows and likely has more experience in. Which is why she 'schools' him here.

More and more layers shown just in that small little exchange with Bruce.

I love, love LOVE this Diana!!! ^_^ IF the comics are going to make THIS Diana the Wonder Woman moving forward in the comics, I will happily buy each issue. She is everything I loved about Pre-52 Diana with every more layers that are actually talked about, and in the medium of movie they can be as it's not gonna be stretched out across 50 issues.

if there ever comes a scene in Justice League Part 1 where Batman is trying to analyze something with his Detective skills but hasn't figured it out as of yet, and then Diana chimes in with what she thinks could have happened and why, and it causes Bruce to have to think about it before acknowledging she's correct. I will be unable to contain my happiness.

Same goes for a scene with her and Clark when it's about something more his speed, strategy he can go to without needing to use his natural 'power'.

Diana being not just the voice of reason, but the glue that holds that team together, and also the most experienced and battle worn, experienced of the trinity is something I've wanted to see on the screen for a long time.

Like I said, I get the feeling Snyder is setting it up big time for Diana to steal the show as well as the final fight scene. Though half of me expects "Death of Superman" to happen, which I guessed they could do months ago as Superman's 'proof' how far he will go to save the world from Doomsday, which clears his name in peoples minds and hearts as well as to Batman, however the other half expects that Diana is gonna steal the show in the Doomsday fight.

Here is the thing, we expect Clark to be boyscout Superman already right? Well we gotta remember, BatmanvSuperman takes place still during Clark's first year as Superman, if anything he's in year 2. So he's still not as experienced as he could be.

So Diana showing up in the Doomsday fight, doesn't become a 'oh she just showed up to help them fight'... but maybe she is the REASON they win? Think about it.. all her battle experience and knowledge, the reality is if not for her Superman and Batman by themselves might even lose to Doomsday. Why? Because Batman isn't going to kill Doomsday, and Superman is still inexperienced, though not as inexperienced as before and is more dealing with the backlash of the events of MoS. So why shouldn't Wonder Woman be THE X-factor in the Doomsday fight? IF anything it's a PERFECT setup to go "hey..SHE is saving THEM... the first time we EVER see Wonder Woman on the silver screen.. she is SAVING Batman.. and Superman and the REASON they beat Doomsday..." They have such a PERFECT setup for that that I really really REALLY want to see Snyder do that!!

After all the years, all the inconsistencies, the crappy attempt at a reboot, the way she's portrayed in New52, and all the time that's gone without Wonder Woman never having her own movie nor her own time to shine on the silver screen, she has earned it and more.

And with that performance Gal seems to be putting on, so has she.

Just make it so I can make this a meme after the movie .. ^_^

"It was at this point Doomsday knew...he [expletive]'d up."

Last edited by Majesty; 03-19-2016 at 12:49 AM.

Got a real BatCat vibe going there. I'd have liked to see her expression more up close because a man laying an arm on an Amazon like that would be a huge no no. Very disrespectful to Diana and she keeps control but it goes so fast that you can miss she is not pleased. The following flirting might suggest she even likes the cat/mouse game the way Selina does and didn't mind his grabbing her. Hopefully the put down of him is good. Makes sense Gal thought she was reading for Selina at first. I think along the way they prob altered this part and sorta cut and fit it into WW.
    Last edited by hellacre; 03-19-2016 at 06:43 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Diana being not just the voice of reason, but the glue that holds that team together, and also the most experienced and battle worn, experienced of the trinity is something I've wanted to see on the screen for a long time.

Like I said, I get the feeling Snyder is setting it up big time for Diana to steal the show as well as the final fight scene. Though half of me expects "Death of Superman" to happen, which I guessed they could do months ago as Superman's 'proof' how far he will go to save the world from Doomsday, which clears his name in peoples minds and hearts as well as to Batman, however the other half expects that Diana is gonna steal the show in the Doomsday fight.

Here is the thing, we expect Clark to be boyscout Superman already right? Well we gotta remember, BatmanvSuperman takes place still during Clark's first year as Superman, if anything he's in year 2. So he's still not as experienced as he could be.

So Diana showing up in the Doomsday fight, doesn't become a 'oh she just showed up to help them fight'... but maybe she is the REASON they win? Think about it.. all her battle experience and knowledge, the reality is if not for her Superman and Batman by themselves might even lose to Doomsday. Why? Because Batman isn't going to kill Doomsday, and Superman is still inexperienced, though not as inexperienced as before and is more dealing with the backlash of the events of MoS. So why shouldn't Wonder Woman be THE X-factor in the Doomsday fight? IF anything it's a PERFECT setup to go "hey..SHE is saving THEM... the first time we EVER see Wonder Woman on the silver screen.. she is SAVING Batman.. and Superman and the REASON they beat Doomsday..." They have such a PERFECT setup for that that I really really REALLY want to see Snyder do that!!
    I expected that Diana would be the one to stop the fight between Batman and Superman like in The New Frontier (I posted my theories in this thread a couple of months ago), but after seeing one of the latest trailers (is she with you?) I lowered my expectations. She seems to have her own subplot unrelated to the main plot (batman versus Superman).
    Regarding the fight against Doomsday... I'm sure she'll hurt him a lot using the sword, but it will be Superman to give him the coup de grace. Doomsday is his villain after all.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

The whole world has been waiting for you!

Gal using one of the new Snapchat Wonder Woman effects.

image.jpg

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Got a real BatCat vibe going there. I'd have liked to see her expression more up close because a man laying an arm on an Amazon like that would be a huge no no. Very disrespectful to Diana and she keeps control but it goes so fast that you can miss she is not pleased. The following flirting might suggest she even likes the cat/mouse game the way Selina does and didn't mind his grabbing her. Hopefully the put down of him is good. Makes sense Gal thought she was reading for Selina at first. I think along the way they prob altered this part and sorta cut and fit it into WW.
    There's a plot summary of BvS out now that gives context as to why Bruce would approach her in that manner -- and to why Gal may have initially believed she was auditioning for Catwoman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post

you may like this from Gal interview:

"I think that although Batman is a very dark, weary character, and Diana is pure and optimistic and these kind of things — they have a lot in common. They share a lot. I think that’s why their arc works really well together. And it’s really interesting. Because both of them are trying to isolate themselves from the mankind world, in some kind of way"

I love that Diana is the smartest in the room now instead of BatGod. And Wonder Woman is the FIRST superhero in the DC Extended Universe!!!

The fight I'm most looking forward to is a long ways away. Wonder Woman and Superman vs. Darkseid. That's gotta happen.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    I love that Diana is the smartest in the room now instead of BatGod. And Wonder Woman is the FIRST superhero in the DC Extended Universe!!!
    According to a spoiler review that hit the interwebs today, not sure it's legit
    spoilers:
    Wonder Woman steals data that Bruce stole from Lex but she can't decrypt it. Bruce decrypts the data which reveals videos and pics of Wonder Woman from 1918, Lex knows about Wonder Woman but it's Superman that keeps him up at night :P Then she joins the fray when Superman and Batman are already battling Doomsday, she swings her sword and stuff but to no avail, she's just buying them time to retrieve a kryptonite spear that Batman made for Superman. Superman deals the deathblow with it and dies
    end of spoilers

Nothing wrong with that in my book. There's more to being smart than just being techy. I don't mind if Diana isn't technically savvy. In fact I think it'd be a nice quirk to her if she has little time for tech. She is after all an antiques dealer.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Gal's gown from the BvS premiere in Mexico.

Gorgeous!

Also, look how strong she looks here.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Nothing wrong with that in my book. There's more to being smart than just being techy. I don't mind if Diana isn't technically savvy. In fact I think it'd be a nice quirk to her if she has little time for tech. She is after all an antiques dealer.
    It could make for some comic relief. Diana getting pissed and breaking a computer something like that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dangleo61288 View Post
    It could make for some comic relief. Diana getting pissed and breaking a computer something like that.
    Wouldn't that be awesome, if Wonder Woman couldn't use a computer and all she did was break stuff, with her sword, and everyone's like laughing at her