Page 55 of 269 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post

Perhaps this video could be to some help for Gadot. I'v never worn heeled shoes, but those she sport look like'll make movement a bit tricky.

And if they want her to look taller than she is, why not use camera tricks instead? Seems to work fine for Sylvester Stallone (looking like he measures up to Dolph in Expendables) or Tom Hardy (as Bane).
    Which is easier: making Gal taller with wedgie boots or utilizing camera tricks instead? I'm thinking the former.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member

And they'll probably film it in such a way that you won't be able to see that she's wearing wedges. That's what they did with BW in TA, you didn't really see her boots a lot of the time and when you did, it was in the middle of a big action scene and you couldn't really tell that she had wedges anyway. I only found out about it because I saw still photos or her on set. I'd imagine that WW would be the same way.

Another shoulders galore pic ^_^

Gadot fits perfectly by them to say the least, and I'd say the wedges will likely do even more, she was pretty tall already though which is nice to see

The Trinity ladies and gentlemen

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-blazer View Post
    Diana's blue eyes are an important feature of her appearance. It's not like Bruce or Barry or others that we don't care about eye color. When she appears with more greenish (yet still blue) eyes on the comics it's already a little odd. Also, Gal's appearance change with blue eyes and make her more like the part.

It won't ruin everything if she doesn't have blue eyes on the movie, but it's all the better if she does.

I'm sorry, I don't see the problem at all. Why would it not be a problem for Bruce and Barry, but is for Diana?

Eye color is the most nit picky thing
    I mean I'd sort of get it with hair color but sometimes actors don't like wearing contacts or the studio doesn't want to waste the money to get that fix in post production.
    I'm glad snyder doesn't care about little things like that

Yeah, the importance of the eyes is being greatly exaggerated. It'd be nice if she wears blue contacts, but if she doesn't, oh well.

LOL I will go on and say again, she looks WONDERFUL, pun intended. Eye color doesn't bother me at all.....but that hair is just...no. lmao. I'd rather they kept her Diana Prince hair than that. lol. Hopefully it will look better once she starts filming as Wonder Woman.

Nit picky I know, but lol.
    Richard Alexander

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah, the importance of the eyes is being greatly exaggerated. It'd be nice if she wears blue contacts, but if she doesn't, oh well.
    My feelings exactly.

Yeah, I'd like to see her with blue eyes. But with ANY portrayal of Wonder Woman, it's her personality that matters far more to me. She looks like Wonder Woman. If she can ACT like Wonder Woman? I can easily ignore one minor detail.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

didn't even know she has blue eyes until now lol

She may not be the live action WW that I see when I close my eyes, but she's good enough for me.
    I have also faith in the characterization. (Did you hear me, Snyder? ).
    Now I just fear the introduction of some New52 elements...

Diana's blue eyes IS a big part of her looks. More than in Superman, which is also important. Yes, it's something that doesn't matter on Bruce or Barry, because it's never addressed and it's not even noticeable. I'm pretty sure there's plenty of comic book portrayals where Bruce also has brown eyes (I'm not talking about the early comics where heroes just had black dots for eyes). And on Barry's case, people didn't even bother with his hair color on live action adaptations. Twice!

In Diana's case, it's actually directly addressed on the comics on some instances, like on Perez' run where someone says her eyes are like pools. And I don't remember exactly the instances, but I know there is a lot more of that kind of thing on the comics. And visually, it just pops. Impossible to go unoticed. If you didn't know Diana's eyes were blue, then you haven't paying much attention to what you read or see.

When they made those short animations with Diana driving a car and stuff, people complained that she had green eyes instead of blue. On a portrayal that had almost everything different.

And like I said, Gal looks more the part with blue eyes. Some people I know didn't think her face resembled Diana until I showed them fan art with blue eyes. I'm not making that up. Also, many people chose blue eyed actresses when making their fan cast and stuff.

As I said before, it won't ruin everything if she doesn't have blue eyes, and it's not noticeable from a certain distance. But is surely not so much of a minor detail, and no matter how it turns out to be, it's going to be better with blue eyes. Sadly, I'm tended to think they won't make her eyes blue.

I dont think eye colour is important. Yes, not even to WW. I'm more worried about another necksnapping controversy than the colour of her eyes.

Secondly, every comic book superhero has blue eyes, i assume because they thought that's the best eye colour. It's kind of ridiculous. She's greek anyway. Very few greeks have blue eyes.

Spectacular Member Carmen_Rider's Avatar

Hopefully Gadot joins the ranks of sexiest women in action movies (well, it may happen):