Page 6 of 269 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post

As I said above, she looks bigger, she's athletic and fit like an Amazon and a little bigger and taller. That's fine with me!
    Last edited by Majesty; 05-17-2014 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    As I said above, she looks bigger, she's athletic and fit like an Amazon and a little bigger and taller. That's fine with me!
    Indeed, she does!

file:///C:/Users/req81637/Downloads/photo.PNG

http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/2014/05...onder-woman-2/
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

BANNED

Again, you are literally getting your thousand words worth with this one picture alone. I am not sure how you are getting that she's 'athletic' or 'fit like an amazon' from this picture alone.

What does 'fit like an amazon' mean anyways? If we are going by what most people assume by the word amazon, her slimness would probably put her on the low end of the scale so to speak with respect to the term, amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Again, you are literally getting your thousand words worth with this one picture alone. I am not sure how you are getting that she's 'athletic' or 'fit like an amazon' from this picture alone.

What does 'fit like an amazon' mean anyways? If we are going by what most people assume by the word amazon, her slimness would probably put her on the low end of the scale so to speak with respect to the term, amazon.
    Hmmmm..going on a limb here, I believe what is meant is FIT.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Here's another picture of her from a more frontal angle(pic on the right)

See it now? She's bigger and athletic and those shoulders...

Also some nice information.

Lynda Carter and Gal Gadot...are the same height

Both are 5'9.

Want to know Lynda Carter's measurements?
    38-25-35

Want to know Gal Gadot's measurements BEFORE working out for this role?
    32-24-34

Basically the only thing Lynda has on Gadot is bigger bust. But EVERYTHING ELSE is near identical down to their measurements!! And this was before Gadot was working out...so one can imagine what her measurements are now.

Gadot has also put on about 10-15 pounds of muscle for this role which would put her weight around 120-125. Want to know Lynda Carter's weight? 122-130.

So in conclusion if someone says Gal Gadot is too skinny' to play Wonder Woman... they're essentially saying the same thing about Lynda Carter because except for bust their measurements are nearly identical.

That's some food for thought.
    Last edited by Majesty; 05-19-2014 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Carnivore View Post
    U might be right. Gal posted this pic today. Not sure how recent it is. But if it's recent, she's basically gone from super-thin to merely slender. Although you can't really tell muscle size until they flex the muscle, especially with women. I do have to say I prefer her breasts here to an actress with a boob job who would be literally busting out of the bustier. Lol

Attachment 1747

Well she's definitely toned.

BANNED

Here's another picture of her from a more frontal angle(pic on the right)

See it now? She's bigger and athletic and those shoulders...

Also some nice information.

Lynda Carter and Gal Gadot...are the same height

Both are 5'9.

Want to know Lynda Carter's measurements?
    38-25-35

Want to know Gal Gadot's measurements BEFORE working out for this role?
    32-24-34

Basically the only thing Lynda has on Gadot is bigger bust. But EVERYTHING ELSE is near identical down to their measurements!! And this was before Gadot was working out...so one can imagine what her measurements are now.

Gadot has also put on about 10-15 pounds of muscle for this role which would put her weight around 120-125. Want to know Lynda Carter's weight? 122-130.

So in conclusion if someone says Gal Gadot is too skinny' to play Wonder Woman... they're essentially saying the same thing about Lynda Carter because except for bust their measurements are nearly identical.

That's some food for thought.
    Those four inches make a HUGE amount of difference. I however dislike the Gal Gadot casting because of the way she carries herself. There's nothing formidable about her carriage, and what little acting I've seen her do has been terrible. It's like they specifically picked someone that would change the public perception of Wonder Woman, because they couldn't find anyone that matched Lynda Carter's beauty, charm and charisma. I don't think they looked hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    Those four inches make a HUGE amount of difference. I however dislike the Gal Gadot casting because of the way she carries herself. There's nothing formidable about her carriage, and what little acting I've seen her do has been terrible. It's like they specifically picked someone that would change the public perception of Wonder Woman, because they couldn't find anyone that matched Lynda Carter's beauty, charm and charisma. I don't think they looked hard enough.

Bust is the easiest thing to fix in movies and in costume. If they want Gadot's bust to look bigger it's not hard to do.

The fact that her and Lynda Carter pretty much matched size before Gadot even started bulking up for the role says a lot and dispells the too small to play Wonder Woman myth.

How she carries herself? You should see some interviews with her.

It takes more than "formidable" to be Wonder Woman. And she sure looks formidable in those pictures with that scowl.

The thing that not enough people focus on is they treat it like in this movie all Wonder Woman does is go around and hit people and they completely neglect what it takes ti play Diana. It takes a certain amount of Grace and elegance to pull off both Wonder Woman and Diana Prince and Gadot has the size and frame to be Wonder Woman(as those measurements show) but she also has the elegance, grace and exotic nature to be Diana as well.

It's not about matching Lynda Carter's beauty it's about finding Wonder Woman and allowing Gal to make Wonder Woman her own. She "gets it" trust that she "gets" Wonder Woman. One thing you can knock Snyder for a lot of things in his movies but more often than not he gets character casting spot on. The casting in Watchmen for example, and there is absolutely no doubt that Henry Cavill is Superman. If Gadot blew away everyone else in casting obviously Snyder saw something, and he takes these things very seriously.

If you worry how Gal carries herself you should actually watch interviews with her where I can insert random written questions and her answer will sound like she's describing Wonder Woman or the values she cherishes and the mentality she brings .

Watch, I'll do it right now.

Gal Gadot... What do you think about Wonder Woman? (1:18)

Interesting... so tell us Gal Gadot.. What do you feel about Wonder Woman having an strong role in this movie and the importance of it? (0:32)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afnSEf65xpw

This woman was searching for Wonder Woman before she was even searching for Wonder Woman. It's who she is and she "gets it" and I'm sure Snyder saw that too. The way Cavill "got" Superman and the way Jackie Haley "got" Rorschach. Gadot "gets" Wonder Woman and Diana.

And if you think that she doesn't have beauty, charm or charisma I direct you to this commercial where it's just her walking through a city and admiring life and the things therein

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALGi7wd9PFk

She has "it" in my opinion, and listening to countless interviews from her before this role even came up and her philosophy on Women and what she feels about them and the virtues she cherishes, she carries that kind of thing Wonder Woman carries in her heart too and if she can dig into that into this role then that's probably what Snyder saw when she acted it.

Are there women who are bustier and could "look" more like Wonder Woman? (for instance if Gadot looks like Wonder Woman 8/10 are there women that would look 10/10) yes there is but there is no guarantee that they could ACT both Wonder Woman and Diana Prince. Need I remind you how the internet and fanboys alike exploded when THIS woman was trying out for the Wonder Woman TV Show?
    (click for picture)
    http://ilarge.listal.com/image/27834...it-phoenix.jpg

Fanboys and the internet were OMAGAH'ING about her, and screaming how perfect she was!

and then the audition tape...

http://www.pinkisthenewblog.com/2011...l-very-worried
    http://www.movieweb.com/tv/TV4PB4Pn3...woman-audition

That should be a lesson. Just because someone "looks" the part naturally, does not mean they can act it accordingly. If Gadot beat the pants off everyone else for this role with her "acting" then I'm not going to complain if her easily enhancable via movie and costume magic bust size is a few sizes smaller.

If Gadot can act Diana Prince as well as Wonder Woman as well as Cavill can act Superman then that's all that matters to me.
    Last edited by Majesty; 05-20-2014 at 01:24 AM.

BANNED

I saw the lipsincing video and TF&TF. They both created an indelible impression that impact my opinion. Even in the commercial you posted, she's easily eclipsed by the woman in the restaurant. She doesn't have a presence that commands my attention, like in my avatar, all I see is head & shoulders.

I saw the lipsincing video and TF&TF. They both created an indelible impression that impact my opinion. Even in the commercial you posted, she's easily eclipsed by the woman in the restaurant. She doesn't have a presence that commands my attention, like in my avatar, all I see is head & shoulders.
    Her lipsyncing video completely created an indelible impression of her? I really didn't think much of it other than she was having fun lipsyncing a song.

Then again everyone did reach for whatever they could when it came to Chris Evans playing Captain America, whether it was how he performed as the human torch or that naked photos Chris Evans took.

The only way Gal can stop someone like that is by knocking the performance out of the park and demanding your attention within it, which is why of course they call it acting.

And unfortunately over the past few years people mistake 'acting' with 'typecasting' and ridicule people because they can't see them in the role.

Someone performing a role exponentially that you didn't initially 'see' them excelling in is what acting is all about. (like Tom Cruise as Lestat or potentially Affleck as Batman)
    Someone performing a role exponentially because that's how they always are is typecasting and it's more or less what expectation has become. (Samuel L Jackson as Samuel L Jackson under different name).

People pick Gina Carano because she punches people in the face and people pick Lucy Lawless because she was Xena.

What Gadot was asked to do in The Fast and the Furious isn't going to be the same kind of acting she'll be asked to bring to Wonder Woman nor should it be. Just like she was a different person in Knight and Day and Asfur(which was 'soap opera' acting and you know what that is). So judging her on Fast and the Furious is as I said like judging Chris Evans ability to play Captain America by how he played Human torch.

Two completely different roles with two completely different things asked of him, both of which he executed to what he was supposed to do as that is what acting is all about.

Judging Gadot on a lipsyncing video and fast and the furious to me doesn't hold as much weight in terms of how she's going to portray Wonder Woman and Diana to judging her via her philosophies or perspectives as to whether or not she gets it.

You watch her lipsyncing and assume she won't be Wonder Woman that commands your presence and will say "that can never be Wonder Woman", and I shall see her talk in interviews about how Women is Strength and Intelligence as well as Independent and say "That's Wonder Woman, she gets it and has the mentality already to bring to her." Your opinion is going to be yours by what you wish to hold more weight and my opinion is mine with what shall hold more weight to me in terms of importance to the role.

The best way for Gadot to change your opinion is once again, by knocking the performance out of the park. But if she is and yet you sit there refusing to like it because of a preconceived notion then it won't matter anyway. I doubt that you'll do that though.
    Last edited by Majesty; 05-20-2014 at 02:16 AM.

BANNED

I won't. I'm fair and will give Gal every opportunity to impress me. It's just that when I saw Man of Steel Henry Cavill was a perfectly cast Superman. Chris Hemsworth was the perfect Thor. Chris Evans was great as Johnny Storm and Captain America, he's such a good actor they seem like entirely different people, despite his playing both roles. Ben Afleck can play Batman as good as anyone, then there's Hugh Jackman as Wolverine or RDJ as Tony Stark.

I expected the same level of casting with Wonder Woman. In fact I thought the producers would move heaven and earth to find the best possible actress, because there are so few live action depictions of her and this one was for all the marbles, because it's on film. Then we get this controversial casting that (so far) leaves me utterly disappointed.

I agree with you about Tom Cruise as Lestat though.
    Last edited by Razor Tiara; 05-20-2014 at 02:44 AM.

I won't. I'm fair and will give Gal every opportunity to impress me. It's just that when I saw Man of Steel Henry Cavill was a perfectly cast Superman. Chris Hemsworth was the perfect Thor. Chris Evans was great as Johnny Storm and Captain America, he's such a good actor they seem like entirely different people, despite his playing both roles. Ben Afleck can play Batman as good as anyone, then there's Hugh Jackman as Wolverine or RDJ as Tony Stark.

I expected the same level of casting with Wonder Woman. In fact I thought the producers would move heaven and earth to find the best possible actress, because there are so few live action depictions of her and this one was for all the marbles, because it's on film. Then we get this controversial casting that (so far) leaves me utterly disappointed.

I agree with you about Tom Cruise as Lestat though.

Yes, the writer of the book even doubted that Cruise would pull it off, and he immediately made her a fan when the movie came out.

My biggest hope really is for Gadot to shock everyone and make Wonder Woman her own the way that Ledger made the Joker his own.

A LOT of that also has to do with the script and the directing but Snyder doesn't really stop people from 'standing out.' when it comes to them being perfect for their role.

My guess is we'll see a lot of Gadot as Diana during the first half of this movie and maybe her as Wonder Woman in the climax of the film where she gets to make her entrance and make her mark. As far as her being Diana or Ambassador I think she'll nail that, it's "Wonder Woman" everyone will be waiting on.

As much as people do talk about Superman and Batman in this movie there is no more important character imo than Wonder Woman in this film. Simply because if Gadot isn't well received then we're never going to get our Wonder Woman movie, still still remain without a film and her role shall be diminished in Justice League and she'll never be done justice. Yet if Gadot nails it, and I mean NAILS IT to the point where all these youtubers that are talking trash about her have to make videos apologizing, then it means a lot going forward for Wonder Woman in media in general if Gadot becomes that "face" and as long as she knocks the role out of the park I have no problem with it. The World NEEDS a Wonder Woman right now.

We live in a world where Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman are about to be in a movie, across the sea at Marvel the Avengers are making a sequel, and across the Sea in the desert a sequel to Return of the Jedi is being filmed. This is one of the most important and significant cinematic times of "lore"dom! So for all that is mighty I want Gadot to nail this role because it would mean so much in general.

Snyder has given every indication that he understands this and is not taking it lightly, especially as it comes to Gadot. He thinks people will be as blown away by her as they were by Cavill as Superman and I shall hold him to that.

As far as Cyborg goes I think his is the one that's the cameo. Batman & Superman is the forefront, what Diana is doing is intertwined with what they are doing behind the scenes before she comes to the forefront at the very end and Cyborg will more or less be a cameo of sorts and I expect the movie to end on sort of a Cliffhanger that sets up the Justice League movie.

It may be an unpopular opinion but I honestly do blame some of what happened in Man of Steel on Nolan somewhat, Snyder as well but when Nolan shows up..you really feel it...

Because there are certain parts of that movie that feel so uneven. There are some parts that feel strictly Superman(like Krypton in the beginning and Superman rescuing the people from the fire) and then for no apparent reason it gets all dark..and symbolic.. and diatribes about worrying about people and how the world isn't perfect and Linkin Park songs are the best ever(Superman floating in the water to somber slow music while listening to dialogue from his mom that would make Obi-Wan Kenobi go 'holy crap!'). THAT is when Nolan steps in. Superman isn't meant to be dark and depressing it's meant to be colorful and cheesy and full of hope X_X but to me that's where Snyder and Nolan clashed when that movie is made and why they aren't working together on this one, some parts of MoS have that light-hearted cheesiness and then suddenly it just goes into dark sadness... It's the equivalent of Starfire going to her room and becoming Raven....

So with Snyder directing AND Chris Terrio(Argo) working on this as the writer whom may be an extension of Affleck(assumption) I think this movie will have a more even flow. Ever since I saw what Snyder could do with Watchmen I knew he could create Gotham, and when he could he created Metropolis very well. So once all that was revealed I didn't worry about Gadot as Wonder Woman, she has a director that knows how to give proper shine to someone he's cast as the hero when they nail the role, and he has a brilliant writer that will make her every bit of Wonder Woman we expect. All that's left is for Gadot to deliver on the dialogue.

If Gadot tells Superman "You're strong, Clark. But you'be never been trained to fight. Power isn't everything. I, on the other hand studied under the actual God of War since I was a child. You still have many things to learn." and makes me believe her then she's got it.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Gal is close to what Lynda looked like back in the '70s and what Wonder Woman has appeared as in comics for most of her history. That's why I keep saying the vast majority of people will have no problem with Gal's look in the slightest.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Gal is close to what Lynda looked like back in the '70s and what Wonder Woman has appeared as in comics for most of her history. That's why I keep saying the vast majority of people will have no problem with Gal's look in the slightest.
    In what world are people living in so that they think Gal looks close to what Lynda looked like? Gal has a pretty face, but in no way do I think she comes off with the beauty and charm that Lynda has.

The only thing I can think of is that Lynda was thin in her ABC year (the WW2 setting), but she was still not as rail thin as Gal as when she first got cast in the role. And there is a world of difference between Lynda in the 2nd and 3rd year on CBS versus the first year on ABC with respect to her physique.

And why are people trying to compare the two actresses anyways? There are many people on this board that wants to forget about the Lynda Carter series and move on to a different telling of the character. I guess the fact that Lynda embodied the physical look as well as the character of Wonder Woman so perfectly, it is very hard to let that go, for those of us that still love the show.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

In what world are people living in so that they think Gal looks close to what Lynda looked like? Gal has a pretty face, but in no way do I think she comes off with the beauty and charm that Lynda has.

The only thing I can think of is that Lynda was thin in her ABC year (the WW2 setting), but she was still not as rail thin as Gal as when she first got cast in the role. And there is a world of difference between Lynda in the 2nd and 3rd year on CBS versus the first year on ABC with respect to her physique.

And why are people trying to compare the two actresses anyways? There are many people on this board that wants to forget about the Lynda Carter series and move on to a different telling of the character. I guess the fact that Lynda embodied the physical look as well as the character of Wonder Woman so perfectly, it is very hard to let that go, for those of us that still love the show.
    My point was that she's closer to Lynda and the comic-book Diana than what some of you want her to look like. I don't think that's arguable, but I'm assuming that won't stop a few of you from doing that anyway.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?