Page 60 of 269 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    I think you and Vonter Voman are going to hate this movie even if Gal Gadot turns in an academy award worth performance with the greatest script ever written for comic book film. It's clear you guys, along with others, have already made up your minds that she neither looks the part nor is capable of developing the acting skills necessary. That's cool, but continuing to find reasons to dislike it seems useless ... Just own that nothing Gal or Snyder does or says will alter your predisposition about the movie.
    I commented about the director, I really didn't made my mind about Gadot. I really want to see a good WW movie and I would be very pleased if Gadot have a really great performance on bat v sup movie.
    I was surprised how good actor matthew mcnaughey is, even bradley cooper. I still have criticism on gadot, snyder but I want to see their best.

This isn't an appreciation thread. It's a discussion thread. I'm worried. You say you don't care. So don't you care.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    I commented about the director, I really didn't made my mind about Gadot. I really want to see a good WW movie and I would be very pleased if Gadot have a really great performance on bat v sup movie.
    I was surprised how good actor matthew mcnaughey is, even bradley cooper. I still have criticism on gadot, snyder but I want to see their best.
    But you are setting yourself up to hate it before they even release a trailer. I'm not questioning the legitimacy of your beliefs, I'm questioning why you would work yourself into such a negative predisposition before you have much real information.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonter Voman View Post
    This isn't an appreciation thread. It's a discussion thread. I'm worried. You say you don't care. So don't you care.
    Then discuss instead of critiquing something that hasn't even been released. What I can see is that Gadot has taken the role seriously, DC handled SDCC announcements well and that fans have responded with general excitement for the character.

What I can see is that Gadot has taken the role seriously
    I'm not saying that she hasnt, but playing the devil's advocate here, where are you getting this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    I'm not saying that she hasnt, but playing the devil's advocate here, where are you getting this?
    Well, she's been training non stop (that ALONE says A. LOT. The physical training she's doing is intense and extremely difficult if the reports are accurate), she talks about how proud she is, she lights up when she talk about strong women every time. Not sure what else we'd be looking for at this point.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Se RealWonderman's response

BANNED

But you are setting yourself up to hate it before they even release a trailer. I'm not questioning the legitimacy of your beliefs, I'm questioning why you would work yourself into such a negative predisposition before you have much real information.
    Relax, I know what I'm doing. But having low expectatives is much better than have high ones. I'm pretty sure about it when it comes DC movies.

of course gadot is taking WW serious, it's her big chance.

So this is new...Wonder Woman has been around a while operating low profile in an exexpectedly bad ass way...Batman a low key, low profile local vigilante. Hmmmm. Could be cool!
    http://badassdigest.com/2014/08/04/w...an-v-superman/
    image.jpg

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    So this is new...Wonder Woman has been around a while operating low profile in an exexpectedly bad ass way...Batman a low key, low profile local vigilante. Hmmmm. Could be cool!
    http://badassdigest.com/2014/08/04/w...an-v-superman/
    image.jpg
    Hmm. Intriguing.

Not sure how Batman could possibly be in his fifties and still active. I know it's comics, but the kind of stress Batman would endure over thirty years of constant fighting would've left him a near-crippled wreck.

Not sure how I feel about Diana operating covertly. It'll all depend on what her mission/motivation has been, I guess. It just seems odd that she would operate behind the scenes. If she's still going to be an ambassador for peace, then being covert makes no sense. Even her New 52 "badass warrior" persona doesn't exactly lend itself to stealth and subtlety.

But, either way, I'm curious to hear more.
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 08-05-2014 at 10:39 AM.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Curiouser and curiouser.

I take "Wonder Woman operating in secret" like her fighting and slaying creatures of mythology (harpies, centaurs, etc.) or going around and volunteering at women's shelters, spreading awareness of various issues in the U.S. and abroad. All the stuff that can happen before she reveals herself to the world, with the villains like Cheetah, Dr. Psycho etc. following suit.
    That's more of my wishlist than anything xD

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

BANNED

Clark was saving people in secret for a decade in MoS before becoming Superman, so Diana doing the same is no stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Relax, I know what I'm doing. But having low expectatives is much better than have high ones. I'm pretty sure about it when it comes DC movies.

of course gadot is taking WW serious, it's her big chance.
    I have a very different mentality about expectations ... I find when you go in expecting crap, you end up seeing crap, even when it's not. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just trying to understand why you have such low expectations about DC movies. Not all of them have been bad, even the GL movie wasn't as horrible as some of the horrible fare that's been in market ... Maleficent made my eyes bleed and GotG was fairly generic IMO.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I take "Wonder Woman operating in secret" like her fighting and slaying creatures of mythology (harpies, centaurs, etc.) or going around and volunteering at women's shelters, spreading awareness of various issues in the U.S. and abroad. All the stuff that can happen before she reveals herself to the world, with the villains like Cheetah, Dr. Psycho etc. following suit.
    That's more of my wishlist than anything xD
    Ooh! I like those ideas! Especially the "helping out in women's shelters" idea.

Honestly, that could be the best way to show BOTH of Diana's traditional roles as both a champion of women and a mythological ass-kicker.

I very much hope you're right, Charmed!

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    Clark was saving people in secret for a decade in MoS before becoming Superman, so Diana doing the same is no stretch.
    This is also true.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--