Page 61 of 269 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Ooh! I like those ideas! Especially the "helping out in women's shelters" idea.

Honestly, that could be the best way to show BOTH of Diana's traditional roles as both a champion of women and a mythological ass-kicker.

I very much hope you're right, Charmed!
    Thanks, Vanguard

It's how I'd write Diana if the powers at be ever chose me xD

I love the idea of the trinity being heroes before the world knew them to be heroes. I'm sure it's been done before in the comics (and maybe in a movie I missed), but something about it is so inspirational. It brings a little hope, as silly as they may sound, to a world almost as bleak as ours.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Hmm. Intriguing.

Not sure how Batman could possibly be in his fifties and still active. I know it's comics, but the kind of stress Batman would endure over thirty years of constant fighting would've left him a near-crippled wreck.

Not sure how I feel about Diana operating covertly. It'll all depend on what her mission/motivation has been, I guess. It just seems odd that she would operate behind the scenes. If she's still going to be an ambassador for peace, then being covert makes no sense. Even her New 52 "badass warrior" persona doesn't exactly lend itself to stealth and subtlety.

But, either way, I'm curious to hear more.
    Batman will turn out to be a 5th generation Kryptonian halfbreed and thus is really as vital as any normal 25 year old man (JK)

I like the idea that Diana is secretly in the USA because creatures from Dooms Doorway escaped and she's got to destroy them on the DL

Ooh! I like those ideas! Especially the "helping out in women's shelters" idea.

Honestly, that could be the best way to show BOTH of Diana's traditional roles as both a champion of women and a mythological ass-kicker.

I very much hope you're right, Charmed!

This is also true.
    Maybe she's kept us all safe from the Cult of Ares.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Maybe she's kept us all safe from the Cult of Ares.
    That would also be pretty cool.

Here's an idea for me and my fellow SM/WW shippers. What if Diana and Clark actually crossed paths during their respective wanderings and actually had a brief romance, or at least a flirtation? It would be kind of cool for Superman to meet "Diana Prince" and have one of those awkward "meeting your ex-gf" moments with her. Plus, it's a cool way to let the SM/WW shippers have their on-camera romance without really harming the Superman and Lois relationship established in MoS. Superman and Wonder Woman have already HAD their thing before Clark ever met Lois. It's already over. Oh, there might be some awkwardness between Diana and Lois, but that's been par-for-the-course for them for decades anyway.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by vanguard-01 View Post
    that would also be pretty cool.

Here's an idea for me and my fellow sm/ww shippers. What if diana and clark actually crossed paths during their respective wanderings and actually had a brief romance, or at least a flirtation? It would be kind of cool for superman to meet "diana prince" and have one of those awkward "meeting your ex-gf" moments with her. Plus, it's a cool way to let the sm/ww shippers have their on-camera romance without really harming the superman and lois relationship established in mos. Superman and wonder woman have already had their thing before clark ever met lois. It's already over. Oh, there might be some awkwardness between diana and lois, but that's been par-for-the-course for them for decades anyway.
    best. Idea. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by vanguard-01 View Post
    that would also be pretty cool.

Here's an idea for me and my fellow sm/ww shippers. What if diana and clark actually crossed paths during their respective wanderings and actually had a brief romance, or at least a flirtation? It would be kind of cool for superman to meet "diana prince" and have one of those awkward "meeting your ex-gf" moments with her. Plus, it's a cool way to let the sm/ww shippers have their on-camera romance without really harming the superman and lois relationship established in mos. Superman and wonder woman have already had their thing before clark ever met lois. It's already over. Oh, there might be some awkwardness between diana and lois, but that's been par-for-the-course for them for decades anyway.
    omg ... I love this!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    I have a very different mentality about expectations ... I find when you go in expecting crap, you end up seeing crap, even when it's not. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just trying to understand why you have such low expectations about DC movies. Not all of them have been bad, even the GL movie wasn't as horrible as some of the horrible fare that's been in market ... Maleficent made my eyes bleed and GotG was fairly generic IMO.
    At least maleficent and GotG did their job with a good box office. I didn't watched those movies btw.
    I think in the last 10 years the only movies that were good were Batman. Other day I watched gi joe 2 without any expectation and I kind of liked it.

WW origin should go with Steve crashing the PI, not her wandering earth to have a date with superman

BANNED

If Diana has power levels similar to Superman in this movie and if she was secretly operating outside of Themyscria, then where was she during Supe's battle with the Kryptonians?

It's a question that's begging to be asked and hopefully answered sometime during the movie, at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    At least maleficent and GotG did their job with a good box office. I didn't watched those movies btw.
    I think in the last 10 years the only movies that were good were Batman. Other day I watched gi joe 2 without any expectation and I kind of liked it.

WW origin should go with Steve crashing the PI, not her wandering earth to have a date with superman
    if you can like gi joe 2 then DoJ should be a snap ... that movie was garbage

The two ideas do not have to be exclusive of one another. She can still leave PI because of Steve and then meet up with Clark.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    If Diana has power levels similar to Superman in this movie and if she was secretly operating outside of Themyscria, then where was she during Supe's battle with the Kryptonians?

It's a question that's begging to be asked and hopefully answered sometime during the movie, at least for me.
    it was before dawn of justice, not before man of steel. This makes much more sense. WW can't be so low profile like Batman

if you can like gi joe 2 then DoJ should be a snap ... that movie was garbage

The two ideas do not have to be exclusive of one another. She can still leave PI because of Steve and then meet up with Clark.
    I can like bad movies. GI Joe case I never saw the cartoon or read the comics, so it was easier. and damn it had hot men...
    Nah. She falls in love with Steve so she go have a fling with clark kent? no way.
    Last edited by Blacksun; 08-05-2014 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    it was before dawn of justice, not before man of steel. This makes much more sense. WW can't be so low profile like Batman

I can like bad movies. GI Joe case I never saw the cartoon or read the comics, so it was easier. and damn it had hot men...
    Nah. She falls in love with Steve so she go have a fling with clark kent? no way.
    she wasn't always in love with Steve ... for the 25 years between 1987-2011 Steve was an older man who was closer to a father figure or older brother than a love interest. Even in his original incarnation it was more like the current version ... he's in love with her but she's not in love with him. Back in the Golden Age comics she only seemed interested in him when she was Diana Prince and their relationship was hopelessly unhealthy for most of it's existence.

PS once they killed off Channing Tatum I lost interest

best. Idea. Ever.
    omg ... I love this!
    *Takes a bow*

Thank you! I do try.

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post

Well, we don't yet know she's going to be comparable to Superman. I certainly HOPE she will be. But it's not impossible they may scale her powers down some.

Even if they do have her end up being comparable to Superman? It's possible she was just too far away to help. Unless she can fly as fast as he can, she couldn't really get to Metropolis if she were on the opposite side of the planet at the time.

Another explanation could simply be that Diana's been operating covertly because she either HAS to, or because she's been ordered to by Hippolyta. It's possible she didn't feel she COULD get involved in Metropolis without going public. It's possible she just has some reason to not want to be known to the world yet.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

*Takes a bow*

Thank you! I do try.

Well, we don't yet know she's going to be comparable to Superman. I certainly HOPE she will be. But it's not impossible they may scale her powers down some.

Even if they do have her end up being comparable to Superman? It's possible she was just too far away to help. Unless she can fly as fast as he can, she couldn't really get to Metropolis if she were on the opposite side of the planet at the time.

Another explanation could simply be that Diana's been operating covertly because she either HAS to, or because she's been ordered to by Hippolyta. It's possible she didn't feel she COULD get involved in Metropolis without going public. It's possible she just has some reason to not want to be known to the world yet.
    Or she was battling in the Underworld or on Olympus. Or maybe she was helping elsewhere off screen. The whole planet was affected.

Or she was battling in the Underworld or on Olympus. Or maybe she was helping elsewhere off screen. The whole planet was affected.
    Yup. Maybe she was just somewhere that doesn't have TVs for her to turn on the news and find out about Metropolis.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Yup. Maybe she was just somewhere that doesn't have TVs for her to turn on the news and find out about Metropolis.
    Not really trying to be too argumentative here, but that does pretty much sound like comic book logic. You have two machines Terra forming the planet to conditions that would wipe out life for humans, but Diana wouldn't know about this? Or try to help out about this? Or, she just happened to be fighting monsters at that exact same moment?

We can't have comic book logic if Synder is going for realism. But again, I think I am more afraid of them nerfing Wonder Woman's powers to that of someone like Spidermans. It would make more sense for her to use the sword if her strength level wasn't even close to Supermans. Hopefully I am wrong, but I am thinking she won't be flying either.