Page 90 of 269 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 4021

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    ...and I would love to see a doctor say she was unhealthy.
    It's a figure of speech. Ok, maybe she's not exactly unhealthy. Can we get past that and agree that she's terribly thin and the last person you'd consider for this role?

Also, about the CGI, if you're gonna CGI Gal in every scene she's in, why not cast Meryl Streep and CGI Wonder Woman on top of her? I mean... It just doesnt make sense.

Besides, the picture of Gal they showed us shows her pretty skinny. I doubt she's going to look bigger in the movie. I'm guessing they're fine with how she looks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Maybe they added some shading to make them stand out more, but it's not like Gerard Butler wasnt 99% close to what we saw in the movie.

I dont think that they'll use CGI to give Gal Gadot Jessica Biel's body. Why not hire Biel from the get go?
    better spend the CGI on special effects, Maybe until WW solo movie she can build a more muscular body.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

It's a figure of speech. Ok, maybe she's not exactly unhealthy. Can we get past that and agree that she's terribly thin and the last person you'd consider for this role?
    Jennifer Connelly comes to mind as terribly thin. If Gal looked remotely like that, I would be 100% in agreement with you.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Maybe they added some shading to make them stand out more, but it's not like Gerard Butler wasnt 99% close to what we saw in the movie.

I dont think that they'll use CGI to give Gal Gadot Jessica Biel's body. Why not hire Biel from the get go?
    Again, I'm not claiming the WILL use CGI, just that they could and will if they think it makes sense. Supposedly CGI was used all over plenty of abs in 300 ... not saying the actors didn't work hard to get those bad boys built up (thanks for sharing this pic btw, that's some good man-candy), but keeping that 6-pack showing through hours of shoots is a near impossibility for the vast majority of people ... even when they've starved themselves to 3% body fat you have to do a few sit ups to make them "pop" like that.

GG is never going to be built, but some well applied CGI effects can create the illusion if the sequence calls for it.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was done in 300 to enhance some cleavage at the very least. May have been done in Sin City as well. It's not unusual for post-production to "touch up" with CGI effects. Not saying that is their plan here, but it would almost be more surprising if they didn't use it to some extent.
    Pirates of the Caribbean, as well.

Keira Knightly's cleavage was a combination of makeup effects and some trick photography. She specifically thanks the makeup crew for giving her that cleavage in the audio commentary on the DVD for the first movie.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Tell me the films in which female leads have had CGI work done on them to look different than what they really are?
    lord of the rings gave Liv Tyler pointy ears and waxy white skin. does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Pirates of the Caribbean, as well.

Keira Knightly's cleavage was a combination of makeup effects and some trick photography. She specifically thanks the makeup crew for giving her that cleavage in the audio commentary on the DVD for the first movie.
    Another good example!

Hey I am the only one worried in the Wonder Woman film they will focus on the sword or even in her cameo appearance in the MOS. Also I don't want the Azz amazons for that have to many plot holes and were just not good characters. I would want Perez . Azz we don't know why they kill, they have sex or anything of why they are at times very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Hey I am the only one worried in the Wonder Woman film they will focus on the sword or even in her cameo appearance in the MOS. Also I don't want the Azz amazons for that have to many plot holes and were just not good characters. I would want Perez . Azz we don't know why they kill, they have sex or anything of why they are at times very cool.
    They have sex to procreate and perhaps they enjoy the act too.
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

BANNED

sex is not a problem, but kill men after it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Carnivore View Post
    They have sex to procreate and perhaps they enjoy the act too.
    But they long forever why do they did to reproduce ? They don't die from old age so there would be no need to have children. We only have one explain the doom gate but by Soule even so that doesn't excuse the amazons for killing or baby trading. So Perez amazons we have so feeling these are nothing but evil women to some degree. We have to purpose of why or who they at just just always angry and nothing help gap pens they only focus for war and not other things. I mean come on some tech would be nice. they could just keep the sons and not leave the island but than again they can't make their own weapons.

I've never seen a movie where they used CGI to make someone look buffer. They just hire the appropriate actors and tell them to work out. In a movie so heavy on CGI, why would they waste even more money on it, instead of hiring a bigger actress and sending her to the gym? I mean what you're asking for basically means that they'd have to use CGI on her for every scene she appears in. It's ridiculous.

Also, forgive me for saying this, i dont know her, but i would have liked the role of such an iconic and symbolic character to go to someone with talent and personality. Have you ever watched a Cavill interview? Apart from a talented actor, the guy really is superman in real life. He's a total bro. I'm sorry but i just dont care about an untested model who got this job. I would comment on the "how" but i've seen Gael frown upon speculation regarding such matters so i'll leave it at that.
    Changed my mind. Calling out Dr Hurt for being a judgmental ass is not worth it, so I'm editing my post, and not calling him that for referencing a casting couch, and being a completely disrespectful ass. Post edited.
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 11-24-2014 at 08:31 PM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

I guess this one required editing too. It mentioned the a fore mentioned ass behavior as well.
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 11-24-2014 at 08:32 PM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    sex is not a problem, but kill men after it is.
    Exactly.

I had no problems with the idea that the Amazons have sex. In fact? I rather prefer it that way. I have no problem with the idea of the Amazons' going on discreet raids in order to fulfill this need. Once again? I actually like the idea.

The only part I hated was the killing of the men after the raids. If the movie leaves that part out, then the Amazons can have all the sex they want.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I also don't like the idea of them selling the boys for weapons but giving them to someone to take care of them. Azz amazons focus more of war than any other of the amazons.