Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: H'el vs Thanos

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Because other people keep disputing it long after I have told them to just accept superman is a class 100 and move on, and keep questioning my posts on the matter?

I mean I believe the feat is valid, so I am trying to prove it if they question my argument
    who exactly said superman wasn't class 100+? wasn't me.

Because other people keep disputing it long after I have told them to just accept superman is a class 100 and move on, and keep questioning my posts on the matter?

I mean I believe the feat is valid, so I am trying to prove it if they question my argument
    I haven't see anyone saying Superman isn't in the class 100 crowd. While I'm there and catching up on this thread, unless H'el has mental resistance feats of some note, his having some nebulous telepathic capacity is moot as far as "but has Thanos ever done mind juju to telepaths?"

There is no argument, is the problem. As soon as you posted the scan, you immediately disproved yourself. Literally everything that has come afterwords is your refusal to accept that. Similarly, you continue to ignore points and parallels presented because they don't fit with your belief. No one's said he isn't Class 100. Everyone's said "the black hole feat is a bunch of dookie".

Which I'll admit, your hopping to is rather amusing.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I haven't see anyone saying Superman isn't in the class 100 crowd. While I'm there and catching up on this thread, unless H'el has mental resistance feats of some note, his having some nebulous telepathic capacity is moot as far as "but has Thanos ever done mind juju to telepaths?"
    Plenty of people came up and disputed the exact phrase which was something like " Superman is roughly in the same league durability wise as surfer, maybe surfer is slightly more durable" to which people went " No surfer is above clark in durability"

But Thanos hasn't
    That's the point
    H'el has shown telepathy

To assume Thanos would just " mind juju" him is to ignore the fact that he is in fact a telepath capable of projecting illusions in broad daylight

Plenty of people came up and disputed the exact phrase which was something like " Superman is roughly in the same league durability wise as surfer, maybe surfer is slightly more durable" to which people went " No surfer is above clark in durability"

But Thanos hasn't
    That's the point
    H'el has shown telepathy

To assume Thanos would just " mind juju" him is to ignore the fact that he is in fact a telepath capable of projecting illusions in broad daylight
    no, no one has said that clark wasn't class 100. it was that he was less durable than surfer.

and pen asked for TP resistance feats, which is a good question.

But Thanos hasn't
    That's the point
    H'el has shown telepathy

That's because Surfer IS more durable than New 52 SUperman, Surfer with power cosmic can activatily amp himself to survive God knows all sorts of damage.

And Thanos can pummel him to near death with his hands.

And showing telepathy/illusions does not mean your immune to teelpathy of your own. And Thanos has had feats of mind screwing with impressive beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    There is no argument, is the problem. As soon as you posted the scan, you immediately disproved yourself. Literally everything that has come afterwords is your refusal to accept that. Similarly, you continue to ignore points and parallels presented because they don't fit with your belief. No one's said he isn't Class 100. Everyone's said "the black hole feat is a bunch of dookie".

Which I'll admit, your hopping to is rather amusing.
    Is there any point in replying to you?
    The moment I disprove your argument , instead of an actual debate you end up with " Well some guy on the internet. What can you do?"

And then a page later, you repeat the exact same argument that's been disproved already without any additions whatsoever

That, or something weird about how two people doing a feat makes it invalid

if i were you, dork, i'd edit that post.

also, still waiting for those TP resistance feats. if you could just present those if possible, that would be very nice.

Fantastic Member butterfingers158's Avatar

I step away from the computer for a couple hours and this thread gains four pages. Not sure if I'm impressed or depressed.

The moment I disprove your argument , instead of an actual debate you end up with " Well some guy on the internet. What can you do?"

And then a page later, you repeat the exact same argument that's been disproved already without any additions whatsoever

What exactly, of mine, have you disproven? I am genuinely curious.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers158 View Post
    I step away from the computer for a couple hours and this thread gains four pages. Not sure if I'm impressed or depressed.
    Be both.

Be. Both.

Arx Inosaan

TheDorkKnight, this is not good behavior for the board. Please refrain from repeating it in the future.

Now then everyone, regarding the telepathy argument, let's take a look at scans of Thanos using his mind powers against others, including telepaths, and then see if H'el has any feats that prove he has protection against mind attacks.

Regarding the black hole feats, do either of them apply to H'El? I mean, IIRC, the guy never got sucked into a black hole in the first place. Superman did, or at least something similar to a black hole, at the end of Doomed, but H'el is not Superman, so he doesn't get that feat.

And of course, everybody play nice and be respectful of one another, and continue the debate.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers158 View Post
    Be pressed.

Why can't anyone ever be just pressed?

... I may be re-watching the entirety of Young Justice right now.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    That's because Surfer IS more durable than New 52 SUperman, Surfer with power cosmic can activatily amp himself to survive God knows all sorts of damage.

And Thanos can pummel him to near death with his hands.

And showing telepathy/illusions does not mean your immune to teelpathy of your own. And Thanos has had feats of mind screwing with impressive beings.
    Well which is what brought us to the black hole feat in the first place, to show clark is as impressive as surfer

but anyway , Thanos has used TP on Hulk, Post retcon Beyonder and Fallen One among the ones I know, and they are none of them telepaths of any note

So to assume Thanos can use his telepathy offensively against a telepath with his own offensive showings is to assume a no limits fallacy

Like umm...for lack of a better example, I dont know. Post Crisis Grodd doesn't have any TP resistance feats to speak of as I recall, yet ( I think) most people accept Thanos can't just mind juju him