Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: H'el vs Thanos

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    He got some weird time fuckery and then died.
    define weird time fuckery. i'm curious.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    define weird time fuckery. i'm curious.
    He got some sort of time travel ability where he could clone himself into other eras but all his clones shared an HP bar, and he fucked around on krypton trying to stop the planet from exploding. Superman, Supergirl and Superboy went to stop him because something universe collapsing paradox.

Then he died.

He got some sort of time travel ability where he could clone himself into other eras but all his clones shared an HP bar, and he fucked around on krypton trying to stop the planet from exploding. Superman, Supergirl and Superboy went to stop him because something universe collapsing paradox.

Then he died.
    that...............doesn't sound so impressive and it surely doesn't sound like he could "time dump" thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid-who-cried-wolf View Post
    H'el tries to disassemble Thanos molecule by molecule, but after a thousand of second decides to time dump Thanos instead. Any scan floating around of thanos coming back from time-dumping under his own power? If no H'el victorious. If yes, Thanos.
    Just to reiterate the question, because it was such a bloody good one....

When has H'el ever moved someone else through time?
    And if he has, was it someone who generally lolnopes having someone warp the reality right off his face?

Because that is what Thanos is. He is that someone.

He is the person for whom, unless you're Skyfather level or above, even if you have an ability that has a less than zero % chance of failure, it will.

Because Thanos.

This is why he has so many purple butts on his chin. Because with that many arses he has even more sh*ts not to give.

Thanos to my knowledge doesn't actually have feats of resisting being moved through time, which is a completely different deal from his ability to will his body into not being messed with.

I wouldn't really ascribe to Thanos any particular resistance to being flung through time, that's not really the same thing.

I mean, with that said, guy knows how to build time travel machines, but that's really only related to any kind of come back in a scenario thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Pretty much. At best you've got a planet buster type fella punching him at however fast. Thanos no-sells hits like that. As in they wouldn't even tickle. To go further. The guy's best feats put him in the realm of surviving a blitz from Silver Age Superman long enough to kill him. H'el isn't Silver Age Superman strong.
    But hel is not just a " planet buster type fella" . he one shotted and later telekinetically restrained a version of superman that works out by benching the planet

Surely thats got to count for something?

Lets put this another way, could Thanos ONE SHOT new 52 superman? I don't think so....

so i think he is at least about thanos level in terms of strength and has super speed

and remember he's far faster than thanos so it will take a while for thanos to land a hit while he would have already landed hundreds

i dont know ...seems a close match to me

seeing as how he took the silver surfer's best shot and just was mildly annoyed and was taking shots from odin on a day when he was one-shotting both the surfer and drax, yeah. he can just ignore them.
    sorry but as powerful as surfer is , I don't think he can one shot superman or restrain him like h'el did

He was also hurt by odin's shots. and odin wasn't giving it his best go, and didn't go on doing it at super speed till Thanos went down

Also SA Clark would beat Thanos , if nothing else , by sending him back through time and leaving him there

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    sorry but as powerful as surfer is , I don't think he can one shot superman or restrain him like h'el did

He was also hurt by odin's shots. and odin wasn't giving it his best go, and didn't go on doing it at super speed till Thanos went down
    surfer is a planet buster. and yes he could one shot supes via energy manipulation.

the point of that odin feat was to show that thanos was still getting up from his shots. he wasn't winning and he was getting totally wrecked by odin but he was doing vastly better than drax and norrin who got put down in one shot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    But hel is not just a " planet buster type fella" . he one shotted and later telekinetically restrained a version of superman that works out by benching the planet

Surely thats got to count for something?

Lets put this another way, could Thanos ONE SHOT new 52 superman? I don't think so....

so i think he is at least about thanos level in terms of strength and has super speed

and remember he's far faster than thanos so it will take a while for thanos to land a hit while he would have already landed hundreds

i dont know ...seems a close match to me
    thanos shattered a planet as a side-effect of a fist fight he had with a planet. so yeah, he wrecks shit when he throws a punch. just ask hulk, thor, drax, and the thing.

and he doesn't need to hit him. he's got a lot more options that he can use.

Thanos to my knowledge doesn't actually have feats of resisting being moved through time, which is a completely different deal from his ability to will his body into not being messed with.
    Honestly, I know.

You may have gathered that my response was not wholly serious, given that whole chinbutts thing and the rest of the tone of it.

Though to be fair, I believe he's perfectly capable of resisting being thrown through time by someone who has no demonstrated capability to actually throw people through time.

Which in my head is just because he's Thanos. Rather than... y'know... just stating the obvious and stuff.

Extraordinary Member

Then he died.
    Huh.

So while he can't actually move Thanos into another time, due to not having the feat of moving anyone into other times, he could create a clone to kill baby Thanos. But this would still leave him to fight Thanos in the present time only now he's squishier.

He's not squishier, he just takes whatever damage his clone takes in other time periods. Basically he's a fixed point in changing time.

surfer is a planet buster. and yes he could one shot supes via energy manipulation.

the point of that odin feat was to show that thanos was still getting up from his shots. he wasn't winning and he was getting totally wrecked by odin but he was doing vastly better than drax and norrin who got put down in one shot.
    I don't know about new 52 Superman but pre 52 Superman used to regularly go up against parasite and not get drained immediately , even when parasite had things like his super speed

im not saying superman wouldn't lose to surfer, he would. but not with one shot

And surfer is very powerful but he isn't one shotting new 52 superman with a planet busting attack I believe because superman can bench the planet now

He'l one shotted him with a punch then superboy had to come distract h'el before superman woke up and rejoined the fight

thats more powerful than surfer i would say

I agree that the odin feat shows durability but arguably someone who can one shot superman can also one shot surfer, and we know that is enough to make thanos feel the hits

now imagine that superspeed and i think we have a sweet fight