Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: H'el vs Thanos

That said regarding H'el's strength, I'm not sure I completely buy the presentation of him as someone in a different league from Nu52 Superman.

While the one hit KO is a thing that happened, it then proceeded to...consistently not happen again, and most other fights presented H'el as having an advantage but not completely dominating.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    thanos shattered a planet as a side-effect of a fist fight he had with a planet. so yeah, he wrecks shit when he throws a punch. just ask hulk, thor, drax, and the thing.

and he doesn't need to hit him. he's got a lot more options that he can use.
    Thanos has never one shotted the characters mentioned i believe
    hes overpowered them all with ease, not one shotted

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    That said regarding H'el's strength, I'm not sure I completely buy the presentation of him as someone in a different league from Nu52 Superman.

While the one hit KO is a thing that happened, it then proceeded to...not happen, and most other fights presented H'el as having an advantage but not completely dominating.

were there more fights after he'l on earth?
    because at the end of he'l on earth, he trapped wonder woman, superman and superboy in a TK field easily and they couldn't break out

At least upto that point he'l seemed massively stronger
    Though his durability isnt as good. superman made him bleed

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    I don't know about new 52 Superman but pre 52 Superman used to regularly go up against parasite and not get drained immediately , even when parasite had things like his super speed

im not saying superman wouldn't lose to surfer, he would. but not with one shot

And surfer is very powerful but he isn't one shotting new 52 superman with a planet busting attack I believe because superman can bench the planet now

He'l one shotted him with a punch then superboy had to come distract h'el before superman woke up and rejoined the fight

thats more powerful than surfer i would say

I agree that the odin feat shows durability but arguably someone who can one shot superman can also one shot surfer, and we know that is enough to make thanos feel the hits

now imagine that superspeed and i think we have a sweet fight
    any feats to back up that claim?

also, you keep bringing up him one shotting nu-supes like it's something super impressive to thanos. he beat up a class 100+ brick. nice. so has thanos. he's made a career on beasting bricks.

Extraordinary Member

But hel is not just a " planet buster type fella" . he one shotted and later telekinetically restrained a version of superman that works out by benching the planet

Surely thats got to count for something?
    It's an impressive strength feat. But it's not a durability feat.
    Lets put this another way, could Thanos ONE SHOT new 52 superman? I don't think so....
    He could actually. Thanos takes down Silver Surfer in like three punches or something like that, and Surfer can stand around in black holes no problem and isn't hurt by a really pissed off Hulk beating him into the ground. Thanos is hella strong.
    so i think he is at least about thanos level in terms of strength and has super speed
    Let's put it like this. Has H'El ever blown up a planet using nothing but his own power? Because Thanos did that as a side effect of a fight once and that was like three or four power ups ago.
    and remember he's far faster than thanos so it will take a while for thanos to land a hit while he would have already landed hundreds

i dont know ...seems a close match to me
    He's actually weaker than Thanos and less durable. He is faster, but that never helps Silver Surfer when he fight Thanos.

but arguably someone who can one shot superman can also one shot surfer
    One of these people vacations in black holes this time of year. It is not Supes, to the best of my knowledge.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    He's not squishier, he just takes whatever damage his clone takes in other time periods. Basically he's a fixed point in changing time.
    Ok.

That's actually an interesting power.

But he's dead now.

he bitchslapped drax and the hulk in one more.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    One of these people vacations in black holes this time of year. It is not Supes, to the best of my knowledge.
    new 52 superman has flown through black holes

he bitchslapped drax and the hulk in one more.
    they didnt even fall to the ground though

also norrin has been pegged as being as fast as wally west. so yeah, h'el aint tagging him.

any feats to back up that claim?

also, you keep bringing up him one shotting nu-supes like it's something super impressive to thanos. he beat up a class 100+ brick. nice. so has thanos. he's made a career on beasting bricks.
    yes he has
    and hel one shotted a class 100 like nothing
    so did thanos

thats why i think they are in the same league, stregthwise

were there more fights after he'l on earth?
    because at the end of he'l on earth, he trapped wonder woman, superman and superboy in a TK field easily and they couldn't break out

At least upto that point he'l seemed massively stronger
    Though his durability isnt as good. superman made him bleed
    Supergirl 17 has the two having an extended fight in which while H'el is winning, it's an exhange of blows and not Superman getting KTFO. Then Superman 17, the very issue with the field you're talking about (which the three in question make no notable effort to get out of, just to say) has Superman taking a direct hit in the face from H'el and getting up almost immediately.

I can dig up more examples if you want, but H'el is hardly consistently one-shotting the guy.

also norrin has been pegged as being as fast as wally west. so yeah, h'el aint tagging him.
    that's not the point
    the point is strength vs durability not other powers
    otherwise the thanos feat is also PIS and not applicable when in fact it shows even with PiS that thanos is a lot stronger