Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: H'el vs Thanos

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    yes he has
    and hel one shotted a class 100 like nothing
    so did thanos

thats why i think they are in the same league, stregthwise
    call me when he shatters a planet as a side effect of a fist fight and then i might believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Supergirl 17 has the two having an extended fight in which while H'el is winning, it's an exhange of blows and not Superman getting KTFO. Then Superman 17, the very issue with the field you're talking about (which the three in question make no notable effort to get out of, just to say) has Superman taking a direct hit in the face from H'el and getting up almost immediately.

I can dig up more examples if you want, but H'el is hardly consistently one-shotting the guy.
    i will check supergirl 17 when i get home
    as I recall though in superman 17 superman tackled him from behind and kept pounding ( shaking the planet) so maybe he was disoriented? because then he trapped them all pretty easily

Extraordinary Member

Just checked H'El on Earth. The only thing that comes close to a one-shot is H'El blitzing Supes into the streets. Superman is hurt and dazed but conscious and he totally gets up on his feet on the next page. That's like their first fight when Superman doesn't know how strong H'El is.

In other fights Superman takes multiple punches and dukes it out with the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Just checked H'El on Earth. The only thing that comes close to a one-shot is H'El blitzing Supes into the streets. Superman is hurt and dazed but conscious and he totally gets up on his feet on the next page. That's like their first fight when Superman doesn't know how strong H'El is.

In other fights Superman takes multiple punches and dukes it out with the guy.

And you never once mentioned the fact "Odin" could not kill Thanos, as well as Thor with the *Damn Power Gem* could not beat Thanos.

And now your saying your claim of H'el NOT one shoting SUperman means he stands a chance against Thanos?

I think NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    And you never once mentioned the fact "Odin" could not kill Thanos,
    Please don't warp what actually happened.

And you never once mentioned the fact "Odin" could not kill Thanos
    to elaborate on Siriel's request for this not to be a thing again, the accomplishment of note for THanos is that he did things like survive the assault from Odin, wade through that continuous energy beam, and ultimately shakily get back up at the end. He still looked wrecked, he was still on the losing end of that fight, and Odin certainly could have killed him. It's a big feat for Thanos enough without having to make more of it than it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Huh.

So while he can't actually move Thanos into another time, due to not having the feat of moving anyone into other times, he could create a clone to kill baby Thanos. But this would still leave him to fight Thanos in the present time only now he's squishier.
    Isn't using Time travel to travel before the start of the fight in anythign other than a scenario match considered a DQ by Rumbles rules? Or am I misremembering that?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    to elaborate on Siriel's request for this not to be a thing again, the accomplishment of note for THanos is that he did things like survive the assault from Odin, wade through that continuous energy beam, and ultimately shakily get back up at the end. He still looked wrecked, he was still on the losing end of that fight, and Odin certainly could have killed him. It's a big feat for Thanos enough without having to make more of it than it is.
    sho'nuff. it wasn't much of a fight in that thanos was trying everything in his playbook against him and odin wasn't having it and thanos was just getting more toe up with each attack but still was a damn good showing by thanos that he was lasting as long as he was.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    Isn't using Time travel to travel before the start of the fight in anythign other than a scenario match considered a DQ by Rumbles rules? Or am I misremembering that?
    There are variations to the time travel rules.

If H'el, during the match, can send a time clone to kill baby Thanos... that would be technically legit. Though it would be predicated on the notion that H'el could find out Thanos' backstory and get to Titan and such which is... tricky.

In theory though, it'd be legit because H'el himself would not leave the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    surfer is a planet buster. and yes he could one shot supes via energy manipulation.

the point of that odin feat was to show that thanos was still getting up from his shots. he wasn't winning and he was getting totally wrecked by odin but he was doing vastly better than drax and norrin who got put down in one shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    But hel is not just a " planet buster type fella" . he one shotted and later telekinetically restrained a version of superman that works out by benching the planet

Surely thats got to count for something?

Lets put this another way, could Thanos ONE SHOT new 52 superman? I don't think so....

so i think he is at least about thanos level in terms of strength and has super speed

and remember he's far faster than thanos so it will take a while for thanos to land a hit while he would have already landed hundreds

i dont know ...seems a close match to me
    If Thanos was allowed to punch him once ... yeah. He'd kill him.

edit: to be more specific, the Silver Surfer is easily more durable than Thanos, and Thanos* making a specific point of showing off, bludgeoned the Surfer to "pretty much dead" with contemptuous ease. He decides he wants to belt Superman and actually gets the chance? Death of Superman is phenomenally shorter.

*edit 2: herp. Surfer isn't more durable than Thanos, he's more durable than Superman.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 03-03-2015 at 05:46 PM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    It doesn't really matter, considering H'el doesn't come off as powerful enough to override the whole "all you did was create an alternate timeline" thing with Marvel time travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    It doesn't really matter, considering H'el doesn't come off as powerful enough to override the whole "all you did was create an alternate timeline" thing with Marvel time travel.
    I dunno if it's ever come up, but ... Given Thanos being pretty much unique, as stated, as far as his position in the universe/time/etc, wouldn't an alternate timeline ultimately do "pretty much nothing" in the first place?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

considering how there are so many questions and how little we've seen of this power, i dont think it should be considered an option for the dude. now if he was at the level of prof. paradox, then i wouldn't have a problem.

but that's just me

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I dunno if it's ever come up, but ... Given Thanos being pretty much unique, as stated, as far as his position in the universe/time/etc, wouldn't an alternate timeline ultimately do "pretty much nothing" in the first place?
    Nah. And that's more Adam Warlock's deal anywho. The main problem with people screwing with Marvel time is that even to this day it will be recalled that barring specific means to get around it, all making changes in the past does is create an alternate timeline that has no bearing on your own.

Actually unless I'm misconstruing it here Thanos does have a defense against time dumping, namely that he's an Eternal, and unless I'm seriously misremembering stuff here Eternals are virtually immortal(at least insofar as age is concerned), and in the case of time dumping if the character is capable of simply living until he "catches up" to the original point in time it's not counted as a victory for the other character, Just a really really boring fight for the audience. On top of that depending on the current plot Thanos is generally immortal via other reason as well, usually Death being pissed at him.