Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: H'el vs Thanos

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Nah. And that's more Adam Warlock's deal anywho. The main problem with people screwing with Marvel time is that even to this day it will be recalled that barring specific means to get around it, all making changes in the past does is create an alternate timeline that has no bearing on your own.
    Ah, fair enough.

Though that does remind me, NuWarlock can also one-shot the Surfer. Not kill him, per se, but punch him so hard he loses consciousness; to which Thanos goes "wat".

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Actually unless I'm misconstruing it here Thanos does have a defense against time dumping, namely that he's an Eternal, and unless I'm seriously misremembering stuff here Eternals are virtually immortal(at least insofar as age is concerned), and in the case of time dumping if the character is capable of simply living until he "catches up" to the original point in time it's not counted as a victory for the other character, Just a really really boring fight for the audience. On top of that depending on the current plot Thanos is generally immortal via other reason as well, usually Death being pissed at him.
    Really, that's a pretty nice relationship.

I assume he starts fights just because, so he can remain immortal... I've just discovered Thanos' entire game-plan. He fails, not because he wants to, but because his failure secures his immortality. A trivial price to pay for never dying, ever; even after being killed.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Adam Warlock is back? neato.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Adam Warlock is back? neato.
    Yes and no.

It's not Adam Warlock. But it's Adam Warlock. There was some Jim Starlin level shenanigans involved.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

When are shenanigans of some kind not involved when in any way related to Adam Warlock?

And yes, if someone is immortal, throwing them through time in an arena fight just results in a long boring wait to catch up unless you can also throw them through space as well while doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    When are shenanigans of some kind not involved when in any way related to Adam Warlock?
    Uh ... When it's Not a Warlock but a Peacelock?

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    And yes, if someone is immortal, throwing them through time in an arena fight just results in a long boring wait to catch up unless you can also throw them through space as well while doing that.
    Course, as noted Thanos can build a time machine. So, shorter, but he's pissed you forced him to invent coconut based time travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Supergirl 17 has the two having an extended fight in which while H'el is winning, it's an exhange of blows and not Superman getting KTFO. Then Superman 17, the very issue with the field you're talking about (which the three in question make no notable effort to get out of, just to say) has Superman taking a direct hit in the face from H'el and getting up almost immediately.

I can dig up more examples if you want, but H'el is hardly consistently one-shotting the guy.
    Ok i checked the instances mentioned. In Supergirl 17, hel casually kicked clark once then clark got up and started wailing on him. Hel got mad and threw his first real punch in fury, sending Clark into space. That's the last we see of Clark in the issue

By superman 17, clark is still flying and completely unable to stop undef his own power till he collides with the space dude. At this point he gathers his senses and charges back to earth at full speed, taking he'l from behind and pounding hard enough to shake the planet. the moment he stops punching, He'l punches him once while himself lying prone, and the punch is still strong enough to take Kal off his feet and land on his head

Then we don't see what happens to Kal for the next 3 panels, but we do know that he does not immediately get up after that punch or interfere with He'l's plans

actually there is nothing to show whether Clark was knocked out or not in this instance. he was certainly out of it briefly

It's not "one shotting" him but the other two punches seem to be nearly doing the same as the first one in my opinion

I do however take back my comments on hel being as strong as thanos( even though thanos has not one shotted anyone like that either) because Thanos could beat Drax who was a kinda starbuster in his fights

I still feel he is strong enough to hurt thanos especially with super speed though his durability is not nearly as good as Thanos

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Ok i checked the instances mentioned. In Supergirl 17, hel casually kicked clark once then clark got up and started wailing on him. Hel got mad and threw his first real punch in fury, sending Clark into space. That's the last we see of Clark in the issue

By superman 17, clark is still flying and completely unable to stop undef his own power till he collides with the space dude. At this point he gathers his senses and charges back to earth at full speed, taking he'l from behind and pounding hard enough to shake the planet. the moment he stops punching, He'l punches him once while himself lying prone, and the punch is still strong enough to take Kal off his feet and land on his head

Then we don't see what happens to Kal for the next 3 panels, but we do know that he does not immediately get up after that punch or interfere with He'l's plans

actually there is nothing to show whether Clark was knocked out or not in this instance. he was certainly out of it briefly

It's not "one shotting" him but the other two punches seem to be nearly doing the same as the first one in my opinion

I do however take back my comments on hel being as strong as thanos( even though thanos has not one shotted anyone like that either) because Thanos could beat Drax who was a kinda starbuster in his fights

I still feel he is strong enough to hurt thanos especially with super speed though his durability is not nearly as good as Thanos
    i still dont see him hurting him, considering the amount of damage thanos can take. unless h'el is on the level of guys like galactus and odin, he's not hurting him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Just checked H'El on Earth. The only thing that comes close to a one-shot is H'El blitzing Supes into the streets. Superman is hurt and dazed but conscious and he totally gets up on his feet on the next page. That's like their first fight when Superman doesn't know how strong H'El is.

In other fights Superman takes multiple punches and dukes it out with the guy.
    In neither supergirl 17 nor superman 17 did superman take "multiple punches". the only thing that did not take him out of the game, at least for a while , was hel's casual kick in supergirl 17

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i still dont see him hurting him, considering the amount of damage thanos can take. unless h'el is on the level of guys like galactus and odin, he's not hurting him at all.
    LOL you don't have to be a galactus or an Odin to hurt Thanos

personally i feel anyone taking out new 52 superman with one punch, even briefly, is strong enough to make Thanos feel his blows

LOL you don't have to be a galactus or an Odin to hurt Thanos

personally i feel anyone taking out new 52 superman with one punch, even briefly, is strong enough to make Thanos feel his blows
    feats to back up both of those claims?

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    And you never once mentioned the fact "Odin" could not kill Thanos, as well as Thor with the *Damn Power Gem* could not beat Thanos.

And now your saying your claim of H'el NOT one shoting SUperman means he stands a chance against Thanos?

I think NOT.
    Odin wasn't trying very hard. I mean hardly giving it his best go and he was still hurting Thanos
    Odin's blast took out surfer with one shot and it hurt Thanos
    hel did the same with new 52 clark and hes going to be doing it at superspeed
    so i think its a good fight

also power gem thor had a bit of a fight vs the likes of surfer alone, I certainly don't remember him one shotting surfer

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    feats to back up both of those claims?
    superman can fly through black holes, bench the earth, stop braniacs mother ship from descending at speed ( with help)

Anyone one shotting that guy, however briefly, should be at least reasonably above surfer level

Odin wasn't trying very hard. I mean hardly giving it his best go and he was still hurting Thanos
    Odin's blast took out surfer with one shot and it hurt Thanos
    hel did the same with new 52 clark and hes going to be doing it at superspeed
    so i think its a good fight

also power gem thor had a bit of a fight vs the likes of surfer alone, I certainly don't remember him one shotting surfer
    like you said, he one shot norrin and he was hurting thanos without much effort. the point of it is thanos kept getting up and fighting. he was getting wrecked in that fight. no one is disputing that fact. the mere fact that he was still coming after all that displays a level of durability that surpass both norrin and drax. keep in mind that odin can and has destroyed galaxies as the side effect of his fights. coming from him, doing what he did was a great feat for thanos.

and galactus has stomped on thanos before. the thing is that thanos' shields were so powerful that galen actually had to put in effort to break. he even commended him on this fact. this is the same galactus who can teleport galaxies with by blinking and trap powerful god-like beings in time loops.

oh and funny you bring up power gem thor. this is what happened when power gem, warrior madness thor hit thanos.