Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I would love to see Ivy get a really well thought out, strong multi-issue arc. She's got at ton of potential even as an anti-hero, to come to odds with Batman and even the entire Bat-crew.

Dude yes. Mr Freeze. I really want the next batman films to do some of the more dark a Sci fi side of batman. Mr freeze and/or Huge Strange and the monster men would be a perfect place to stop

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    I'm ready for an awesome Mad Hatter resurgence. I think if done right he could be elevated to a higher degree.
    Tec is currently doing something with Hatter. Eternal too had him kidnap a bunch of kids. Though it hardly elevated him. I still waiting for him and Alice, Batwoman's sister, to meet.

One more that could use something is Scarecrow. The comic version is way too lame. And when u look at what Rocksteady did with Scarecrow it just make the comic version even sadder. Now I did like Capollos Scarecrow design in the last issue of Batman, and given Snyder is such a horror guy u would think he could do something with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Monkey View Post
    . . . Thinking about it, it's been awhile for The Penguin as well . . .
    Did you read Detective Comics at all? While he may not have been the BIG über-villain, he definitely got a lot of face time. (Also some appearances in Catwoman as well.)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Did you read Detective Comics at all? While he may not have been the BIG über-villain, he definitely got a lot of face time. (Also some appearances in Catwoman as well.)
    I dropped Detective Comics early on, but I did forget they had the Emperor Penquin storyline.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    why are they turning all the good femnale villians into anti heroes? What are they saying, that females can't really be a list villains?
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Maybe they don't want Batman punching ladies. I don't know.
    You both are right.

Batman really needs to have some more major villainesses. There are many existing distaff bat-foes they could chose. I wish they would.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Monkey View Post
    I dropped Detective Comics early on, but I did forget they had the Emperor Penquin storyline.
    which was basically just Oswald complaining about losing all of his money

I wouldn't mind seeing Penguin drop the "Kingpin" shtick and go back to being the fun loving bad ass he was in days past.

Incredible Member

Sorry folks, but how many times - throughout the Bat-Family of titles - Batman, Detective, & Robin, Batgirl, Catwoman, Eternal, Dark Knight, Nightwing, ect - was Penguin, Scarecrow, Poison Ivy, Mad Hatter, and Mister Freeze used this year, last year, and the year before?

Batman's "small circle" of same old, same old, recycled over and over, overused "rogues gallery" regulars is Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Mister Freeze, Mad Hatter I, Man-Bat, Ra's Al Ghul, Killer Croc, Clayface I, Harley Quinn, Bane, Talia, Black Mask, and Hush.
    Last edited by ngroove; 03-03-2015 at 09:35 PM.

Incredible Member

Dollmaker. All but disappearedly unused, or merely only mentioned here and there for his job on Joker's face and living tapestry since (such as Batman #16) after his initial story that ended with his escape, way back in Detective Comics #4. Has been treated with an episode of Arrow, and will be the B-Villain of Batman vs Robin animated feature, played by Weird Al. Soon should be due with an encore comics appearance to coincide with feature.
    Last edited by ngroove; 03-04-2015 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    why are they turning all the good femnale villians into anti heroes? What are they saying, that females can't really be a list villains?
    Talia and Nyssa al Ghul prove this isn't the case. Also male villains have become antiheroes at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I would love to see Ivy get a really well thought out, strong multi-issue arc. She's got at ton of potential even as an anti-hero, to come to odds with Batman and even the entire Bat-crew.
    Yeah this. Even if she is an anti-hero, it does not mean she cannot have a major clash with Batman over differing ideologies and methods. After all, the X-Men's most famous foe is an anti-hero too.

Incredible Member

Mr Freeze could do with being bigger again.

I'd also love to see some of the smaller ones get elevated, like Rat Catcher, Calender Man, Anarky. Those kind of level villains could do with their turn in the sun.

Mr Freeze is criminally underused
    I think all the Captain Cold focus has kinda killed his push as a villain lately

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Mr Freeze is criminally underused
    I think all the Captain Cold focus has kinda killed his push as a villain lately
    Batman #1, 16, 39, Red Hood & the Outlaws #9, Batman Annual #1, Birds of Prey #18-20, Batman: the Dark Knight #23.2, Forever Evil: Arkham War #1, 3-6, Detective Comics #28-29, Batman Eternal #31, 37-40, 46-48, Arkham Manor #4.
    Last edited by ngroove; 03-04-2015 at 09:18 AM.