Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Wasn't he in Talon just before that book ended?
    I didn't know anyone read Talon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Sorry folks, but how many times - throughout the Bat-Family of titles - Batman, Detective, & Robin, Batgirl, Catwoman, Eternal, Dark Knight, Nightwing, ect - was Penguin, Scarecrow, Poison Ivy, Mad Hatter, and Mister Freeze used this year, last year, and the year before?

Batman's "small circle" of same old, same old, recycled over and over, overused "rogues gallery" regulars is Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Mister Freeze, Mad Hatter I, Man-Bat, Ra's Al Ghul, Killer Croc, Clayface I, Harley Quinn, Bane, Talia, Black Mask, and Hush.
    How many times does Killer Croc or Mad Hatter get to the Big Bad of a story arc? A lot of villains in that circle only get rare occasions to shine and how many villains outside of that circle are compelling enough to be the big bad of a story arc?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    How many times does Killer Croc or Mad Hatter get to the Big Bad of a story arc? A lot of villains in that circle only get rare occasions to shine and how many villains outside of that circle are compelling enough to be the big bad of a story arc?
    Mad Hatter - main "Big Bad" of Batman: the Dark Knight #15-21, Nightwing #26-27, and Batman Eternal #41-42, co-Big Bad of Detective Comics Annual #1, and Dark Knight Annual #1, as well as done his part in Batman: the Dark Knight #8, and Detective Comics #37-40.

Killer Croc - While has not been "Big Bad" material, since perhaps No Man's Land, only his initial arc in Batman / Detective Comics in 1983 before then, he was prominent of various issues of Batwoman, Batman Eternal, Batman: the Dark Knight #23.4, and Forever Evil: Arkham War #3.

I nominate the Spook to come back. Yes, he was decapitated by Damian, still made cannon when mentioned in Batman Incorporated (Vol.2) #1, but anyone who has done the homework knows his history of "smokes and mirrors", of faking his death, and using dupes in his place (hint, hint).
    Last edited by ngroove; 03-11-2015 at 10:20 PM.

Incredible Member

Hugo Strange is hugely underused. A total lack of respect for the character coming from DC. I hope DC make him the main Batman villain for a couple of years on of these days.

Definitely Mad Hatter or Mr Freeze. Two Face needs some more focus after that terrible retelling of his origin.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardNigma View Post
    Two Face needs some more focus after that terrible retelling of his origin.
    I just looked this up...and wow, so horrible. Yes, Harvey is owed quite a bit after that disaster. That origin should be retconned out immediately.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-12-2015 at 05:35 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardNigma View Post
    Definitely Mad Hatter or Mr Freeze. Two Face needs some more focus after that terrible retelling of his origin.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I just looked this up...and wow, so horrible. Yes, Harvey is owed quite a bit after that disaster. That origin should be retconned out immediately.
    What don't you like about it? The only two controversial points that I can see to it are Harvey being a bit more unsympathetic before becoming D.A and the killing of a fairly obscure supporting character. Hardly material for "terrible", "horrible", or "disaster", right?

Clock King
    Film Freak

The Mad Hatter
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    What don't you like about it? The only two controversial points that I can see to it are Harvey being a bit more unsympathetic before becoming D.A and the killing of a fairly obscure supporting character. Hardly material for "terrible", "horrible", or "disaster", right?
    DC vaguely mentioned in 2011 in talking about the changes to Batman's world how if it ain't broke, don't fix it (an idea they have obviously gotten away from some). There was nothing broke about Harvey's post-COIE origin in various issues and most prominently retold in the very classic Long Halloween, a Killing Joke-level respected story. I do think the new changes (McKillen, unsympathetic, dead Gilda, etc, etc) render it all a disaster and horrible and terrible, and it should be ignored/retconned. I have similar feelings on other Batrogues New 52 origins (Freeze, Ivy, etc, etc). A lot of non-broken origins ruined because hey, it's the New 52 and, apparently, that's just reason enough....now we can connect every little origin to Wayne Ent, look at us, and everyone is abused and everyone was is cool edgy unsympathetic lifelong psychos.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-13-2015 at 11:01 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    You didn't read that, huh?

Yup. Train wreck city.

I have to wonder if that, like some of the other elements of Tomasi's run that got siderailed by Damian's resurrection will ever be addressed again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    Hardly material for "terrible", "horrible", or "disaster", right?
    It's all a matter of opinion of course, but using the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" motif, it just didn't need to be done.

Harvey has been a strong character and a huge fan favorite for decades.

The new 52 has just made a mess of him.

Those back ups in Tec were just out of this world baaaaad.

Tomasi's new origin had some good characterization but was just a mess compared to what we had prior.

Interesting ending anyway. I'll be curious to see what somebody does with him next.

Hopefully fix him.
    Last edited by ispacehead; 03-13-2015 at 11:54 AM.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    The Mad Hatter
    Why, he hasn't been used in a while?

Read Detective Comics much lately?

Man-Bat seems to have been devalued as of late. Would like to see him get a push.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Clock King or Scarecrow.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Spectacular Member

I would love a scarecrow story, Bane is long over due for the big bad role, and I wanna say professor pyg