Facade
    Clock King
    Doctor & Madame Zodiac
    Doctor Moon
    Calendar Girl
    Roland Daggett
    Clayface
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I think Roxy Rocket could use more love.
    I like the way you both think.

Ultimate Member

Poison Ivy and Scarecrow are the big ones. It's amazing that they haven't gotten more shots at being the "big bad," especially Ivy. If they could get writers who knew how to write him well, then Bane would make for a great one as well.

I didn't think Big Burn was that bad. If you don't try and hold it up to the Long Halloween (because of course it'll fail against that measuring) it's a pretty fun, quick origin. That said, was Twoface a crooked DA in this? Sure he started as a defense attorney, but as Bruce pointed out that just makes him better suited to figure out how to put the crooks away. The only thing that would make him crooked is if he used his knowledge as the McKillen's former attorney to help put them away, and that's never made clear. And I wouldn't mind seeing that Irish mobster again cause trouble in a title, to stay on topic. She seemed interesting enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I didn't think Big Burn was that bad. If you don't try and hold it up to the Long Halloween (because of course it'll fail against that measuring) it's a pretty fun, quick origin. That said, was Twoface a crooked DA in this? Sure he started as a defense attorney, but as Bruce pointed out that just makes him better suited to figure out how to put the crooks away. The only thing that would make him crooked is if he used his knowledge as the McKillen's former attorney to help put them away, and that's never made clear. And I wouldn't mind seeing that Irish mobster again cause trouble in a title, to stay on topic. She seemed interesting enough.
    He was never a crooked DA, but he was heavily implied to having helped the McKillen family in his defense attorney days, effectively making him a mob lawyer. Then again, the fact that he wants out after they put out a hit on Gordon hints at him never having been involved in anything too sordid before that, or it might just have been that he drew a line at murdering the police commisioner rather than at "just" murder. He also makes sure that the newfounded alliance of Gordon, Batman and Dent goes after the McKillens as their first target, possibly for the selfish reason of cleaning up the tracks from their earlier affairs. Lots of possibilities and ambiguity, which works extra well in a Two-Face story.

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    I'm ready for an awesome Mad Hatter resurgence. I think if done right he could be elevated to a higher degree.
    Wasn't he in a pretty good run at the beginning of the New 52? I think it was Dark Knight? I know he was in one title, it's when I dropped it ironically enough.

add a Poll to the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    add a Poll to the thread!
    Or, you could create a separate thread with a poll yourself, y'know.

Calendar Man

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Though I still very much think plenty of lesser villains should remain that way, I definitely think Facade (who wasn't treated as a joke) had potential and would love to see more of him. Alan Grant's Tally Man was also pretty cool and is underused.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Mad Monk.

First villain, so why not?
    I agree I also wouldn't mind Penguin getting the chance to be a more serious threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    I agree I also wouldn't mind Penguin getting the chance to be a more serious threat.
    Oh, and how long has it been since Penguin was featured in a Bat-title?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Mad Monk.

First villain, so why not?
    Too supernatural, I think he would be more of a Constantine villain or a Superman villain, lol he uses Twilight to lure teenage girls into a vampire cult.

How about Lord Death Man, a criminal who can go into a trance and make people think hes dead.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Too supernatural, I think he would be more of a Constantine villain or a Superman villain, lol he uses Twilight to lure teenage girls into a vampire cult.
    That there are many (and foundational) supernatural Batman stories like the Mad Monk proves Batman is the place for those stories too. Vampires, demons, ghosts, avenging spirits...all fair game for Batman comics, all have a history.

I'd love see Mad Monk again. Wagner did great with him, and I even count Conway's Mad Monk in my canon (he had a different origin, but I pretend the priest who relates it just got it wrong or that Wagner retconned just the origin part out). Mad Monk and maybe Nocturna could team up...Mad Monk and Dala and Nocturna is some crazy vampire triangle headed by the Monk.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-17-2015 at 02:07 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'd love see Mad Monk again. Wagner did great with him...
    I'd give my left ___ to have Matt return to that story, or just to Batman for that matter.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

Would say Mr Freeze but they completely wrecked him in the New 52, but we are badly missing an epic Freeze story.

Apart from that Killer Croc, Mr Zsasz and Deadshot, especially Deadshot its been too long since he was considered a decent Bat villain.