Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Two-Face: Risk Wraith

The old-world detective stories of Sherlock Holmes written by the great Sir Arthur Conan Doyle represented a then social appreciation of laborious forensics analysis, Francis Bacon-ish approaches to criminal psychology, and old world medical aims.

The 'new-world' detective stories of Batman (DC Comics) begun by the great Bob Kane focus on the urbanization-paranoia related emergence of traffic-phobia associated criminal mania. This new genre of detective story is both more graphic (and verbose) and dramatic and emotional. Whereas once the folk stories of Jack the Ripper preying on the vulnerabilities of pedestrian street-traffic at night in London were adequate, nowadays, we have outlandish fictional stories of human predators such as Leatherface and Two-Face stalking vagrants and creating anxiety about pedestrianism arrogance explicitly.

Perhaps this is because our modern age has seen a great exuberant development of pedestrianism economics (i.e., eTrade, eBay, Times Square, etc.) which certainly gives rise to numerous 'calculation risks.'

In other words, it seems that a Bat-villain such as Two-Face (DC Comics) deserves much attention and celebrity, since such a villain really captures our new-world curiosity about uncertainty unpredictability.

Two-Face administers punishment like a fanatical vigilante with his special coin which he uses to determine if someone 'deserves' to live or die...

Harvey Dent (Gotham - Fox TV Wikia)

two-face.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Or, you could create a separate thread with a poll yourself, y'know.
    that would be redundant. thanks for the effort

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    He was never a crooked DA, but he was heavily implied to having helped the McKillen family in his defense attorney days, effectively making him a mob lawyer. Then again, the fact that he wants out after they put out a hit on Gordon hints at him never having been involved in anything too sordid before that, or it might just have been that he drew a line at murdering the police commisioner rather than at "just" murder. He also makes sure that the newfounded alliance of Gordon, Batman and Dent goes after the McKillens as their first target, possibly for the selfish reason of cleaning up the tracks from their earlier affairs. Lots of possibilities and ambiguity, which works extra well in a Two-Face story.
    Perhaps, but in the end I think he was just a successful defense attorney who took on the wrong clients. But then it is a bit amibuous.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Murmur would make a better villain for Green Arrow than Flash. In fact, Green Arrow could gain 200 underused batvillains as well; it would be nice if someone updated/remembered them.
    Called it, Murmur was on the latest epsiode of Arrow. Speaking of Arrow, would the Royal Flush Gang be better Batman villains or Green Arrow villains?, they could be a big bad for either one with either the regular five or the whole deck (52 members, ha 52).
    Last edited by Mutant God; 03-21-2015 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Called it, Murmur was on the latest epsiode of Arrow. Speaking of Arrow, would the Royal Flush Gang be better Batman villains or Green Arrow villains?, they could be a big bad for either one with either the regular five or the whole deck (52 members, ha 52).
    They'd be better Nightwing villains, but I suppose that ship has sailed.

Amazing Member

Don't know if he can ever really be a BIG BAD, but I'd sure like to see the original Ventriloquist come back and take out that imposter. A proper Arnold Wesker story needs to recognize the deep but unique psychosis of the man.

Actually, I guess I crave that more sensitive portrayal for a number of villains (Freeze, Hatter, etc.). Probably just because The Animated Series was so formative to me, and they did that slant so very well...everybody is a heinous mass-murderer these days. Gets exhausting watching them all try to out serial-kill each other.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Murmur would make a better villain for Green Arrow than Flash. In fact, Green Arrow could gain 200 underused batvillains as well; it would be nice if someone updated/remembered them.

Terra-man: someone would have to do something brilliant to make this character work. I never liked this name.
    Would rather Nightwing,Batgirl and Robin got those villains than GA. Bad enough people think Ra's is a Green Arrow villain.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Would rather Nightwing,Batgirl and Robin got those villains than GA. Bad enough people think Ra's is a Green Arrow villain.
    Apparently, they don't want them.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Hugo Strange.A mix of mad scientist and a gangster,like his Golden Age version.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Any not named The Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    why are they turning all the good femnale villians into anti heroes? What are they saying, that females can't really be a list villains?
    Because female heroes in are in comics right now, especially in solo titles. Especially if they are young females. Batgirl has been revamped AFTER the New 52 began to be younger than ever and it's made her book hotter. Then Marvel has a ton of female solos (Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, female Thor, Silk, Spider-Gwen, etc.) Maybe DC is considering giving Poison Ivy her own solo sooner than later?

Speaking of turning campy into creepy you could make Bat-Mite into a villain or anti-villain by turning him into a stalker of Batman who creates new villains for Batman to fight also he is such a fan of Batman that he turns his appearance into a young Bruce Wayne wearing a home made Batman costume which makes a good foil for Batman a child who loves horror movies, violent video games, and the creepiness of Gotham City and its serial killers unlike Bruce who was traumatized by it. Or making it creepier have a child call himself Bat-Mite who puts himself in danger so Batman can save him which goes to hero worship to the point of delusion.

Also Bruno, from The Dark Knight comic, weirdly enough could be a big bad if they want to introduce her early and give her a bit more "depth".
    Last edited by Mutant God; 06-07-2016 at 01:50 PM.

Does Hugo strange have any appearances in the new52? Prey/terror and monster men are classics and I'd like to see what king could do with him. Ra's, Croc there is a few...too much joker let him breathe.
    Say what u want about Snyder but he invented some dope original characters
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Film Freak. Never read about him aside from Pfeifer's Catwoman but he could go in any direction. Campy, snuff movies or somebody like Jake Gyllenhall in Nightcrawler. Peter Stormare in 8mm was another take on Film Freak for me and I usually don't support taking characters like Riddler in aSawtype direction.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 06-09-2016 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SicariiDC View Post
    Does Hugo strange have any appearances in the new52? Prey/terror and monster men are classics and I'd like to see what king could do with him. Ra's, Croc there is a few...too much joker let him breathe.
    Say what u want about Snyder but he invented some dope original characters
    Strange has had A LOT lately. Focus for second Arkham game and also focused on Gotham. I would love to see Mad Hatter get a central focus.