Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Avengers 42 *Spoilers*

The Illuminati have broken up into two teams:

Pym, Banner, Cho, and Braddock are on the Moon seemingly ready to harvest the skin of the fallen Living Tribunal for something to withstand multiversal collapse.

T'Challa designs an ark under Reed's request working from Valeria's advice of "figure out how not to lose" and they debate who to save. It seems they've completely given up any hope of saving the planet and are now trying to "save the species."

Sunspot and Cannonball go to Cyclops for help, but he seems reluctant to save mankind. However, he reveals that he's in the game, but the game is "resurrection." He opens a door to what we can presume is the Phoenix Egg.

Gladiator recalls Smasher and her family as the Galactic Council prepares for a sneak attack on Earth to destroy it. Oracle tries to argue against it but Gladiator is "now an empire" and goes ahead with the plan.

Namor and Black Swan have made some sort of deal ensuring their survival. They're on Ultimate Earth at The City and ready to kill whatever worlds they have to survive.

The Guardians of the Galaxy have been monitoring the Galactic armada ready to destroy Earth, Rocket thinks they're just warning their friends to get off but he calls them "idiots for wanting to go down with the ship."

A nice build up chapter after the pretty big revelations and actions of the last couple issue of Time Runs Out.

BANNED

I doubt the Phoenix Egg is a real deal, cause it's a question of how he got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    He got it from Hickman. :P

Ultimate Member

I didn't like this issue at all.

Set up upon set up upon set up.

BANNED

Well, after reading this issue, if fans still believe the X-men are united with Nation X after this issue then so be it, but I don't get that hint. The dialogue and the sentinels say something completely different.

BANNED

Something tells me that Cyclops maybe difficult come when Times runs out ends.

Also I do wonder how will Gladiator feel when he learns of the Incursions and when he should have help saved the world considering the cosmic threats of the Celestials and Galactus are gone thanks to the Incurisions.

We do see a red egg behind those doors. It may very well be a phoenix egg. I wonder if Hope is involved. Hickman showed her briefly in SHIELD a few years ago, together with Mister Franklin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    We do see a red egg behind those doors. It may very well be a phoenix egg. I wonder if Hope is involved. Hickman showed her briefly in SHIELD a few years ago, together with Mister Franklin.

I'll be surprised if they bring Hope back from that mess that is Uncanny X-force.

If it does play any sort of significant role in the story, it is sort of lame that it was essentially thrown in there at the 11th hour of the story. Would have been nice if it were at least alluded to much earlier on in his Avengers run.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I always wondered if that was meant to be Valeria Von Doom from Claremont's FF or Future Val.

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/nomad...2_original.jpg
    Do you think such an old side comic will be relevant to this ongoing story? Surely you don't have to read all of Hickman's Marvel work to get the full picture?

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    Do you think such an old side comic will be relevant to this ongoing story? Surely you don't have to read all of Hickman's Marvel work to get the full picture?
    It's more hopeful than anything, but SHIELD is supposed to be somewhat relevant to this.

BANNED

Wasn't that in a distant future?

I've read today's issue, it looks like he created the Phoenix Egg. I don't think it's the one from Morrison's run, cause with T.Jean here in the present shouldn't it be non-existent since Jean and Phoenix are now one and the same?

BANNED

It's more hopeful than anything, but SHIELD is supposed to be somewhat relevant to this.
    SHEILD
    Ultimates
    Fantastic Four/FF

Incredible Member

Perhaps I missed something but why didn't the empires, "offer" to help/request humanity to evacuate? Why jump straight to destruction?