Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    Perhaps I missed something but why didn't the empires, "offer" to help/request humanity to evacuate? Why jump straight to destruction?
    Maybe they thought it too risky to wait, an incursion can after all happen at any point as long as the Earth still exists. An evacuation would take quite some time, especially if the heroes object to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    It's more hopeful than anything, but SHIELD is supposed to be somewhat relevant to this.
    Yeah, I'm expecting everything will tie in. Even Secret Warriors as it introduced Manifold and Druid (who tied into Avengers World).

Quote Originally Posted by DrTraveler View Post
    Yeah, I'm expecting everything will tie in. Even Secret Warriors as it introduced Manifold and Druid (who tied into Avengers World).
    Ah, explains why there were so many new, weird characters from the start in Hickman's Avengers. I originally dropped it due to this and stuck with New Avengers only, but had to pick it up again when TRO started. Now I just skip over the unknowns and concentrate on the parts I get.

Should maybe go back and start all over again....

BANNED

So the empires are planning to do what the cabal did: kill.

After all that's gone on in this title I'm sort of rooting for the incursions, just so the storyline ends and they can reboot the characters.
    Last edited by Mark; 03-04-2015 at 09:58 AM.

It is clear that Hickman doesn't know jack-shit about Guardians Of The Galaxy from the way they talked. Rocket calling the Avengers "stupid, freaking idiots" instead of "stupid, flarking idiots". Way to be out of touch.

That nitpick aside, the issue was great. But I'm ready for Avengers to get a writer who doesn't make everyone come off like a philosopher. It is like The Wire, where everybody talks like they're in a Shakespeare play. At least Bendis gave everyone a distinct personality. In this, everyone sounds like Jonathan Hickman.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    At least Bendis gave everyone a distinct personality.
    I would argue the exact opposite.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    Do you think such an old side comic will be relevant to this ongoing story? Surely you don't have to read all of Hickman's Marvel work to get the full picture?
    Don't be too sure. Remember Reed built the Bridge in Hickman's mini series, Dark Reign: Fantastic Four first. But they usually give you a flashback and don't just drop things in like that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    Maybe they thought it too risky to wait, an incursion can after all happen at any point as long as the Earth still exists. An evacuation would take quite some time, especially if the heroes object to it.
    It can't be because of the incursion because they probably don't know about them. Only that Earth is causing the rest of the universe to die. I was assuming it was the latter but I wonder because the Shiar don't seem to want to go the genocide route.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I didn't like this issue at all.

Set up upon set up upon set up.
    That's basically all Hickman's run has been the whole time for Secret Wars with Time Runs Out just being the final bit of it.

BANNED

With this talk of Ressurection and Phoenix Egg... I'm getting weary for the fate of the x-men we haven't seen.

I know covers lie but thus far for SW #1 we've only seen T.jean and Cyclops. I'm getting the hint the rest of the x-men will die in the final days and they won't be on the arc that Reed created...espeacially scince it sounds like him and T'challa are being pretty specific on who they'll put on it.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    At least Bendis gave everyone a distinct personality.
    LOL. Yeah, no. Everyone in a Bendis comic sounds like Bendis.

I thought Hickman was a disciple of Bendis.

I'm kind of confused about the life boat though, is it going to be used to not lose the galactic invasion or the Ultimate incursion?

Or maybe the issue is timed just before the final incursion, so all abroad the invasion fleet will get a chance on the life boat.

BANNED

Good issue. Yes, lots of set-up but interesting set-up with some great character moments. When it all comes down, it's going to be some kind of crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    With this talk of Ressurection and Phoenix Egg... I'm getting weary for the fate of the x-men we haven't seen.

I know covers lie but thus far for SW #1 we've only seen T.jean and Cyclops. I'm getting the hint the rest of the x-men will die in the final days and they won't be on the arc that Reed created...espeacially scince it sounds like him and T'challa are being pretty specific on who they'll put on it.

You mean T'challa.

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    Perhaps I missed something but why didn't the empires, "offer" to help/request humanity to evacuate? Why jump straight to destruction?
    Given the fact that earth has essentially kicked all their behinds multiple times at one point or another, I suspect in part they feel the need to take earth by surprise (even though that's not happening). Offering to evacuate is essentially warning them that they'll blow up the planet. If they don't agree, it means that earth will be ready for them.