Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

This issue was good. It's an exciting time to be a fan of Namor, Black Swan, and Cyclops!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    That nitpick aside, the issue was great. But I'm ready for Avengers to get a writer who doesn't make everyone come off like a philosopher. It is like The Wire, where everybody talks like they're in a Shakespeare play. At least Bendis gave everyone a distinct personality. In this, everyone sounds like Jonathan Hickman.
    ...dunno if serious or not...

I didn't mean to rustle the Bendis haters. I still like Hickman more than Bendy for his epic scope and storytelling, I just miss Bendis chit chat. I think I'm alone on this one. Hickman chit chat is so clinical, even kids and brain damaged villains speak like college professors.

I didn't mean to rustle the Bendis haters. I still like Hickman more than Bendy for his epic scope and storytelling, I just miss Bendis chit chat. I think I'm alone on this one. Hickman chit chat is so clinical, even kids and brain damaged villains speak like college professors.
    Not really arguing that Hickman doesn't make everyone sound similar (besides some of the characters with some distinct personalities,, they all sound kinda the same) but Bendis did exactly the same thing, except he made everyone sound like Ultimate Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I didn't like this issue at all.

Set up upon set up upon set up.
    Yep, agreed.

Astonishing Member

It is clear that Hickman doesn't know jack-**** about Guardians Of The Galaxy from the way they talked. Rocket calling the Avengers "stupid, freaking idiots" instead of "stupid, flarking idiots". Way to be out of touch.

That nitpick aside, the issue was great. But I'm ready for Avengers to get a writer who doesn't make everyone come off like a philosopher. It is like The Wire, where everybody talks like they're in a Shakespeare play. At least Bendis gave everyone a distinct personality. In this, everyone sounds like Jonathan Hickman.
    What? Maybe you should go back and watch The Wire.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    With this talk of Ressurection and Phoenix Egg... I'm getting weary for the fate of the x-men we haven't seen.

I know covers lie but thus far for SW #1 we've only seen T.jean and Cyclops. I'm getting the hint the rest of the x-men will die in the final days and they won't be on the arc that Reed created...espeacially scince it sounds like him and T'challa are being pretty specific on who they'll put on it.
    The Phoenix Egg is Scott's plan for saving "his" people from the final incursion. That's what everyone is doing in this issue: Trying to find a way to get their people through the final incursion (and if the Egg bring back Jean as White Phoenix, I give it more chance of success than Reed and T'Challa Noah Ark).

BANNED

No sign of Doom in this issue?

Does anyone have any idea of what stark is going to be up to now that he escaped from the necropolis?

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

I liked it a lot though I'm liking the whole story and am enamored by Hickmans writing. The art was on point. I don't coincide with the flat resonance, I thought there was great character development happening in this issue from several characters. In fact more so than there was set-up and less of that and more plot string, which is essential to structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    This issue was good. It's an exciting time to be a fan of Namor, Black Swan, and Cyclops!

Same as well Val here.
    I make love, you make me sick.

BANNED

This was pretty great, i enjoyed Hickman's Cyclops quite a bit. He comes off sounding somewhat unhinged and dangerous. It felt like Bobby and Sam were a little afraid of him.

I'm guessing the Phoenix will play an important role in creating Battleworld.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Does anyone have any idea of what stark is going to be up to now that he escaped from the necropolis?
    When did he escaped? I missed that.

I'm a fan of Cyclops but I have to admit that he was well sinister this time.

I do not know what he intends but is certainly not play the hero. I think he wants to start from scratch in some way after all the Phoenix represents change and a fresh start from the destruction of what is old.

A Noah's ark?

I would not say exactly a way not to lose but it's still a good answer to preserve the species on Earth. The problem is who will be left behind and who will make the choices?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    With this talk of Ressurection and Phoenix Egg... I'm getting weary for the fate of the x-men we haven't seen.

I know covers lie but thus far for SW #1 we've only seen T.jean and Cyclops. I'm getting the hint the rest of the x-men will die in the final days and they won't be on the arc that Reed created...espeacially scince it sounds like him and T'challa are being pretty specific on who they'll put on it.
    Well given how the X-men have been acting lately would you blame them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    The Phoenix Egg is Scott's plan for saving "his" people from the final incursion. That's what everyone is doing in this issue: Trying to find a way to get their people through the final incursion (and if the Egg bring back Jean as White Phoenix, I give it more chance of success than Reed and T'Challa Noah Ark).
    That kinda sounds like that World Worm thing from Legion's XL. Maybe the thing inside gathers the mutants in its flames and then...profit?