Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    I didn't mean to rustle the Bendis haters. I still like Hickman more than Bendy for his epic scope and storytelling, I just miss Bendis chit chat. I think I'm alone on this one. Hickman chit chat is so clinical, even kids and brain damaged villains speak like college professors.
    Probably because everyone in Bendis' books sounds like they're in a Friends episodes. Constant witty banter between EVERYBODY.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Valeria Richards idea and reed went with it.
    Not T'Challa idea to build the arc but he designed it. It has not been created yet cuz reed said something bout construction difficulties or whatnot.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by JSY View Post
    Probably because everyone in Bendis' books sounds like they're in a Friends episodes. Constant witty banter between EVERYBODY.
    Kinda like Whedon's Avengers?

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Valeria Richards idea and reed went with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Not T'Challa idea to build the arc but he designed it. It has not been created yet cuz reed said something bout construction difficulties or whatnot.
    The dialogue suggests that nothing was Reed's idea in this situation. T'Challa said, "I simply solved the problem you put in front of me, Reed. I figured out how not to lose." To which Reed explains that this query was from Val, not Reed himself. So I think it's clear that Reed simply served as messenger between Val and T'Challa and that T'Challa came up with both the idea for and design of the Ark.

The Ark looks just like the one used in the original Secret Wars, that's how they'll get to battle world

BANNED

I love Cyclops as this enigmatic wild card. It's awesome.

Spectacular Member markallenchi's Avatar

I liked the issue (plus Avengers World) but both are full of set up and nothing that moves the plot forward.

So when BP and Reed are talking about who makes it, are we to assume that they mean of the remaining population or remaining avengers?

My take on the Phoenix egg is, once everything dies, the Phoenix force will bring the mutuants back to life. It's how they survive the end of everything. The Phoenix is connected to mutuants.

And yea, wheare are Doom and Stark and what is going on with Thorr, Hyperion and gang? Let's get to the point already! On a side note, I feel like all of these covers have been misleading. The issues are removely connected to the cover art, but it's not really the diving force of the issue.
    Mark Allen Chi

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    I love Cyclops as this enigmatic wild card. It's awesome.
    Im digging it too.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Kinda like Whedon's Avengers?
    Exactly, except you can actually hear the different voices there. You could basically swap any characters into a Bendis scene and the dialogue would be consistent because it was all one voice.

Quote Originally Posted by markallenchi View Post
    I liked the issue (plus Avengers World) but both are full of set up and nothing that moves the plot forward.

So when BP and Reed are talking about who makes it, are we to assume that they mean of the remaining population or remaining avengers?
    The Earth's population as a whole, however many they can fit (and support) in the ark once built. And how do you mean 'remaining'? It's not like there's been a lot of attrition of Earth-616's population up to this point, it's all been whole worlds in other realities.

My take on the Phoenix egg is, once everything dies, the Phoenix force will bring the mutuants back to life. It's how they survive the end of everything. The Phoenix is connected to mutuants.
    Not just to mutants... it's had hosts without the X-gene before, as shown both in Excalibur and in the AvX event.

And it would make more sense if the Phoenix, as a force of creation, could create a whole universe... it doesn't do the mutants or anybody else much good to be resurrected if there's no world or universe in which to live.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    The likelihood they would specifically exclude mutants from the ark is nil, especially with Hank as a member of the Illuminati. Not sure how many other mutants have the other attributes they're looking for, as well, but I can think of a few off-hand - Forge would come in quite handy, at least a mutant healer or two, there are certainly other mutants whose skills or powers would come in handy either terraforming some new colony if they ever find a physical reality in which to live (Storm comes to mind), or allowing a population to survive on the ark indefinitely (Alchemy or other mutants with transmutation powers, although of course Molecule Man trumps them all... but he's with Doom).
    Of course Hank is going to try to save his friends, but that probably doesn't include Scott at this point.

All of this new information does make one wonder how we get Battleworld. The Phoenix? The Beyonders? Especially since it appears that Battleworld may have been established at a earlier point than when the Ultimate Universe and 616 Universe land there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Of course Hank is going to try to save his friends, but that probably doesn't include Scott at this point.

All of this new information does make one wonder how we get Battleworld. The Phoenix? The Beyonders? Especially since it appears that Battleworld may have been established at a earlier point than when the Ultimate Universe and 616 Universe land there.
    We don't know who yet, although based on the parallel with the original Secret Wars, I'm still guessing it's the Beyonders, but we do know that for a while now, it's been looking to the Illuminati's sensors through the Bridge like the Incursion zones continue to exist, to persist, for just a fraction of a second longer than the remainder of the universes being destroyed in completed Incursions. Then, more recently, all the previous Incursion zones on Earth-616, from all the Incursions that were interrupted, started to have transparent domes over them. So, the supposition is that the 'delay' in the destruction of the Incursion zones was actually someone or something collecting them to make Battleworld with, and that all the Incursion zones on a given version of Earth might get saved from the general destruction. At least, that seems to be the default fanon interpretation of the phrase 'Incursion incoming' on the interactive Battleworld map.

I liked the issue (plus Avengers World) but both are full of set up and nothing that moves the plot forward. .
    I did'nt like the issue cos it's full of set up..
    I mean the last issue of NA didnt move anything either, 2 issues of TRO in a row where nothing happens -_-
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    We don't know who yet, although based on the parallel with the original Secret Wars, I'm still guessing it's the Beyonders, but we do know that for a while now, it's been looking to the Illuminati's sensors through the Bridge like the Incursion zones continue to exist, to persist, for just a fraction of a second longer than the remainder of the universes being destroyed in completed Incursions. Then, more recently, all the previous Incursion zones on Earth-616, from all the Incursions that were interrupted, started to have transparent domes over them. So, the supposition is that the 'delay' in the destruction of the Incursion zones was actually someone or something collecting them to make Battleworld with, and that all the Incursion zones on a given version of Earth might get saved from the general destruction. At least, that seems to be the default fanon interpretation of the phrase 'Incursion incoming' on the interactive Battleworld map.
    Hmm, I think this could work. But if this is how it works, and its actually the places that are by an Incursion Zone that gets saved, then doesn't that mean anyone away from it would be really, really screwed?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Hmm, I think this could work. But if this is how it works, and its actually the places that are by an Incursion Zone that gets saved, then doesn't that mean anyone away from it would be really, really screwed?
    Yep, but then that's always been implicit in the idea that Battleworld is all that's left... only the areas from a reality that go into making up Battleworld get saved, everything else, every region (and planet, and solar system, and galaxy) that doesn't make it to Battleworld is destroyed.

What else did you expect Everything Dies to mean? Even the survival of whoever gets to go to Battleworld (we're all guessing that it's at least the Manhattan of 616 and 1610 in the final incursion) is already kind of a big exception to that, having the remainder of the universes not actually getting destroyed would kind of make the whole exercise pointless, wouldn't it?
    Last edited by vitruvian; 03-04-2015 at 07:07 PM.