Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I just don't like most of DC's teen heroes in general, aside from the original five Titans. And even then, it was mostly Dick and Wally, who unsurprisingly were the ones I liked the most in this show. Cyborg, Starfire and Raven are way more interesting young adult heroes to me, mostly because they aren't sidekicks.

I agree that the Bat-Rogues are overexposed and didn't need to be in the show. But since they were there, I would have liked them to be less bland than they were. Mr. Freeze in particular was really dull, and I don't really care for the fact the Riddler didn't really use any riddles and puzzles which is kind of his whole deal, so why even have him there?
    Like I said they weren't the main focus so I guess I can forgive this. Besides I don't think they were all bad; Joker was just as psychotic as he usually his and Riddler was the only prisoner who escaped in the episode he appeared in. I have no doubt he'd do them justice if he were running a Batman series or even animated film.

What is it about DC teens that you don't seem to like. Sorry that I'm nagging you I'm just really curious.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Like I said they weren't the main focus so I guess I can forgive this. Besides I don't think they were all bad; Joker was just as psychotic as he usually his and Riddler was the only prisoner who escaped in the episode he appeared in. I have no doubt he'd do them justice if he were running a Batman series or even animated film.

What is it about DC teens that you don't seem to like. Sorry that I'm nagging you I'm just really curious.
    Oh, it's no problem, you're not nagging. I'm just way more interested in the adult characters, which isn't really the show's fault because they're not the premise. I generally find teen angst to be kind of boring, at least in a lot of American media, with some exceptions being Peter Parker and Buffy Summers. It's why I'm avoiding Gotham Academy like the plague. I find that many Japanese anime/manga can create way more layered teenage protagonists, like Shinji Ikari, Utena and the Sailor Soldiers. All the really interesting complex and archetypal stuff is with the adult superheroes, at least in my view. Though again, Dick, Wally and Donna are kind of the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Oh, it's no problem, you're not nagging. I'm just way more interested in the adult characters, which isn't really the show's fault because they're not the premise. I generally find teen angst to be kind of boring, at least in a lot of American media, with some exceptions being Peter Parker and Buffy Summers. It's why I'm avoiding Gotham Academy like the plague. I find that many Japanese anime/manga can create way more layered teenage protagonists, like Shinji Ikari, Utena and the Sailor Soldiers. All the really interesting complex and archetypal stuff is with the adult superheroes, at least in my view. Though again, Dick, Wally and Donna are kind of the exceptions.
    Thanks. I've actually heard some good things about Gotham Academy. Maybe you should check it out just to give it a chance.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    also he ships Wonder Woman with Trevor
    He does? When did he say that?