Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    This is my first Hellboy page done by Richard Corben! Makoma: issue #1, page 19.

Attachment 36379

Attachment 36380
    Great score!

Resistance Is Fertile Junior Wormwood's Avatar

I was in a tough spot financially when the Fariboles statue was released, and was incredibly sad that I missed out on such a beautiful piece. So instead I started putting money aside for an original art page, and randomly picking up the few obscure Mignola pieces I've been after for a few years. Well, today I found the Fariboles statue not only still available on a French website, but when I went to pay for it, the price magically dropped over $100. Immediately after I checked, and it looks like I got the last one.

I don't think I'm gonna be able to sleep well until this arrives. Super excited!

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/k...ps0tnyocab.png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Junior Wormwood; 06-15-2016 at 08:45 PM.

I have a question about art prints (specifically Mignola Hellboy prints such as those sold at online at Art of Mike Mignola). I bought one off the AoMM recently and one previously off eBay (likely paid too much for eBay one but that's my fault...). Is there any other place where people can find, show, sell or trade their prints? Also, does anyone have a print they no longer want...?
    Thanks!

Just sent you a PM, Harry McTell.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior Wormwood View Post
    I don't think I'm gonna be able to sleep well until this arrives. Super excited!
    Congrats! It's a must have for any fan of Hellboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack View Post
    Congrats! It's a must have for any fan of Hellboy.
    Agreed! It's breathtaking.

I have a question for those of you who have purchased original Mignola pages. Are they any less expensive to purchase from Mike at conventions then they would be through an online 3rd party? I'll be attending Rose City ComiCon in Portland, and would just like to get a better idea of how much I could expect to spend. Any advice or thoughts you may have would be greatly appreciated.

I have a question for those of you who have purchased original Mignola pages. Are they any less expensive to purchase from Mike at conventions then they would be through an online 3rd party? I'll be attending Rose City ComiCon in Portland, and would just like to get a better idea of how much I could expect to spend. Any advice or thoughts you may have would be greatly appreciated.
    When I caught the Mignolas at a convention (in my country) they didn't bring originals but still it was grand (and mr Mike sketched, amazingly plus had conversations aplenty with my face and countless others plus there was even an actual on-stage panel thing albeit quite on-the-spot-like) However back when their shop still sold I have bought things on three occasions, in '09, '11 and 2014 if I'm recalling this correctly in the moment I write this.

My answer: buying directly (if mr Mike would have stuff available since I presume such is not a given) would at least be at what rates such'd have to go for, which still would be considerable amounts of money to be spending.

If that sounds cryptic or laborious, that's because it IS. Not all third party offerers need to be scammy or *cheap* (or manage being both!), plus buying any art at all will never be the most non-laborious thing to do, plus most ordinarily original Mignola pages just basically cost money.

So good luck! And maybe you should dedicate your own '2016 Portland Con thread' with asking CBM if anything might become available? I would I guess.
    Which I mention since I feel hesitant to be dropping actual figures or pricing presumptions myself since I'm just me.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 06-25-2016 at 03:23 PM. Reason: mistakes.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Cool, thank you, Kees

Not sure if I'll be able to get a page yet, as I just won the auction for the variant version of The Fury #3.

I've scored my Holy Grail!!! Apologies to anyone here who was bidding on it.

image.jpg
    Last edited by Junior Wormwood; 06-25-2016 at 11:32 PM.

Here is the preview page from the art sale last December. If he brings original sketches/pages/covers to a convention I would expect the prices to be similar.

http://www.artofmikemignola.com/Shop/preview

Here is the preview page from the art sale last December. If he brings original sketches/pages/covers to a convention I would expect the prices to be similar.

I think that Alien Salvation cover is amazing.

Ah, thanks! Hoping to have enough set aside for Rose City to finally pick up an interior page. Very helpful!

And I agree, Harry. That Aliens cover is just dripping with atmosphere.

Cool, thank you, Kees

Not sure if I'll be able to get a page yet, as I just won the auction for the variant version of The Fury #3.

I've scored my Holy Grail!!! Apologies to anyone here who was bidding on it.

image.jpg
    Whoa, congrats JW. That's awesome.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Great book! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, guys!

I just went through this entire thread looking at everyone's collections, and damn, topfueluhl... Your original art page collection is just absolutely stunning! I'm crossing my fingers like crazy hoping there are some HiH pages available come December.