Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Lots of beautiful pieces on here. I posted this awhile ago on the 1946-1948 Hardcover thread, but since the book recently released why not add it here as well.bprd_1946_cover_hardcover.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dekay View Post
    Lots of beautiful pieces on here. I posted this awhile ago on the 1946-1948 Hardcover thread, but since the book recently released why not add it here as well.
    Definitely worth a repost!

That is a magnificent cover!

Spectacular Member

Got a couple of Hellboy commissions done at HeroesCon. Apologies for the massive size -

Ben Templesmith

Jeremy Treece

I got my Hellboy pencil sketch framed. The frame is dark grey and I think accents the pencil color nicely.

20150722_200503_cropped.jpg

IMG_1019.jpgFabrioles Productions Hellboy statue with sketch.IMG_1023.jpgIMG_1021.jpg
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    IMG_1019.jpgFabrioles Productions Hellboy statue with sketch.IMG_1023.jpgIMG_1021.jpg
    That's great! I just ordered that Hellboy statue from Fariboles, they told me it will ship around August 25th.

I got a new interior art page today from Hellboy in Hell #3 (page 3). Angels of destruction trying to put an end to baby Hellboy before he was sent to Earth. They look kind of like the Ogdru Jahad, but I don't think they are. Does anyone know?

Hellboy_in_Hell_issue03_page03_cropped.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    I got a new interior art page today from Hellboy in Hell #3 (page 3). Angels of destruction trying to put an end to baby Hellboy before he was sent to Earth. They look kind of like the Ogdru Jahad, but I don't think they are. Does anyone know?

Hellboy_in_Hell_issue03_page03_cropped.jpg
    Well, what I or any reader could be to know, could be at least as intricate as how the storytelling is portraying itself. Which seems to be 'not straightforward'.

What matters is that for this page the storytelling is done through the character Astaroth, telling on stuff which transpired at the particular place which is depicted and named as being Pandemonium, also the same spot is where the characters are actually standing - or at least Hellboy would appear to be. Getting a sense quite particularly of the particular spot he'd be finding himself, amid all kinds of remnants and bits.

The "angels of destruction" lingo could be particular for Astaroth or other such "princes", plus Astaroth nor any others actually refer to the monstrosity reaching downward in the page as neededly being "the Ogdru Jahad".
    Which means that even if the monstrosity might look one way or another, it isn't directly referred to as being any such straightup necessarily. Stuff seems more rather inferred then referred to. Because storytelling can do that.

Plus it seems in the comic everything is happening very dreamlike and graphically, with lots of warpy morphy moments. Like it would mean to be a whole lot if not too much to soak in. Also since Hellboy himself is hardly taking anything at face value!
    Hellboy isn't necessarily believing or agreeing to whatever Astaroth would be telling him.

Note how different the storytelling gets once Hellboy has a conversation with one of the little guys, "the working class" as Hellboy calls them. Same guys that are getting knocked aback in the final panel of your page.

For storytelling the reader would roughly seem to be in the same spot as Hellboy himself: things could be actually what they'd appear to be, or there might be more to it, or any new development in store could taint or make to waver on what would have been seeming certain still.

And since Hellboy is particularly himself, a character with totally unique plights, the storytelling couldn't be taken "at face value", or should only get taken "at actual face value", by minding just how it all gets told.

For describing what's in the page you have, I'd personally just try and stick to the story of the comic the page is belonging to. Plus since it is literally a piece of storytelling itself it will be speaking for itself as how it does, even with none of the lettering visible. Cool page BTW!
    Last edited by Kees_L; 08-09-2015 at 10:54 AM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Thanks for your comments!

All-New Member

Hey, long time since I didn't come on the Hellboy forum. But I wanted to share that serigraphie that I find of Hellboy.
    It was print for a comic con in Paris in 1997... It is the same than the Forbiden zone one but with a green background.
    I was so sad this day that I couldn't go to the convention and meet my idol, Mr Mignola... and this serigraphis was sold out...
    Almost 20 years later I have found it on local site for not much^^
    1997 Pariscon hellboy.jpg

I got this beautiful sketch cover today. I won it in an auction on www.mycomicshop.com

MyComicShop_auction_Hellboy_BPRD_1952_front.jpg

Alright, so here's what's left post-purge. Had a couple of regrets during the process (which I plan on eventually reacquiring), but overall I prefer the way it looks now with fewer items. Less is more, I guess.

It still looks amazing!

Agreed! Looking buff as crap, Mack!
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper