Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Tim View Post
    Thanks for the info guys - I appreciate it
    Have you tried them again recently? They might have more now.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    Have you tried them again recently? They might have more now.
    Original Comics? Their site still says sold out.

I e-mailed La Marque Zone to ask if they ship internationally, but got no reply. I'm beginning to wonder if it was bad form to just fire off an e-mail in English... perhaps I should have run my question through Babelfish to translate it into French. Or am I overthinking it?

I'm just having zero luck with this damned Fariboles statue...
    "Deep down underneath it all, I have the heart of a small boy. I keep it in a jar, on my desk." - Robert Bloch

Oh no I was talking about fariboles themselves. Original comics had a blog that said earlier in October that they have one (probably the one I ordered) and that they're getting a second. I know they got mine in stock recently so I'll let you know how it goes with the shipping.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    Oh no I was talking about fariboles themselves. Original comics had a blog that said earlier in October that they have one (probably the one I ordered) and that they're getting a second. I know they got mine in stock recently so I'll let you know how it goes with the shipping.
    Oh... Fariboles. No, I've given up asking them - their answer has consistently been that it's sold out, period.
    "Deep down underneath it all, I have the heart of a small boy. I keep it in a jar, on my desk." - Robert Bloch

Hey they told me they have one for you could you pm me your email so they can invoice you?

Just got my fariboles in today! Looks pretty good and I have a few questions for other owners. Is your base a little shaky? He can move forwards and backwards a but if I nudge him. Also how far is the gap between his left jacket flap? I never noticed it in the prototype but seems obvious looking at it now. And the foot being scratched seems to be a common problem as I have it too lol. I'm happy with mine no major damage so ready to display him right next to my monitor!

1020150955_HDR.jpg

Here's the foot.

Congrats on your statue! It sounds like you only have minimal minor flaws. Mine arrived with the small paint chip on the foot as well. I never mentioned it because it was insignificant compared to the other damage, but I had the restoration shop touch it up for me. For obvious reasons, I've accepted the fact that these are far from perfect.
    Last edited by topfueluhl; 10-21-2015 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    Congrats on your statue! It sounds like you only have minimal minor flaws. Mine arrived with the small paint chip on the foot as well. I never mentioned it because it was insignificant compared to the other damage, but I had the restoration shop touch it up for me. For obvious reasons, I've accepted the fact that these are far from perfect.
    Yeah I'm having Fariboles send some paint over so I can just fix that myself. Also might put some kind of putty on the feet so he doesn't wobble.

The Claw of Justice!

For those of you that collect original art - what kind of pieces do you look for? Are there any specific artists you collect pieces from? Commission type pieces, interior pages, or covers? Do you have any “grail pages” you’d like to get someday?

I try to get interior pages when I can (most of my favorite artists don’t accept commissions, and covers are too expensive). So far I only have Mignolaverse art from Tonci Zonjic (not counting convention sketches), but there are quite a few other artists I’d like to have pages from someday (Ben Stenbeck, James Harren, Tyler Crook, and obviously Mike himself, to name a few).

Also - how do you display and take care of your art? I don’t use frames, I just hang the pages on the wall in the “bag” they came in (sort of like a comic bag, but bigger). I keep all of my pieces hung on the wall, although I might have to get a portfolio binder or something if I get many more pieces.

I'd get frames. I wonder if those "bags" are archival. I'd kind of assume not. That's not good for the art in the long run. Also, if the art is getting a lot of direct sunlight, it isn't cheap, but museum glass is a worthwhile investment.

All that aside, a portfolio is the best cheap option.
    Last edited by Joker; 10-26-2015 at 08:16 PM.

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I'd get frames. I wonder if those "bags" are archival. I'd kind of assume not. That's not good for the art in the long run. Also, if the art is getting a lot of direct sunlight, it isn't cheap, but museum glass is a worthwhile investment.

All that aside, a portfolio is the best cheap option.
    Thanks for the advice - I'll probably get a portfolio sometime soon. I'm about out of wall-space that isn't in direct sunlight, so I'll probably have to get one once I get another page (which hopefully won't be too long!).

I've only bought 2 modern covers from the same artist and a bunch of artist proofs from a different artist. I'd love to get just 1 Mignola drawn cover. I keep all the art in the bags they come in, but have gotten a bunch framed at once. Museum glass looks so nice but the cost is really up there so I have to conserve the balance between buying art and getting it framed. BTW on a side note does anyone have a lucky bone I can buy from skeltoncrew? Looking to get all those pieces framed.

It is very pricey, but if you're displaying ink work, it's worth it, I think. Again, if it's in direct sunlight. Hide it away a bit and it doesn't matter that much.

I have some original art, one small Mignola, too! Hopefully can get some more at some point. I'd love a cover, but those are well out of my range. Someday!