Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

My "holy grail" is my Hellboy in Hell #3 cover which I have framed behind Tru Vue UV protective acrylic done by my local frame shop.

All my other Mignola original art pages that I don't have framed I store in these BCW toploaders:

http://www.bcwsupplies.com/cat/12x18-topload-holder

The rest of my original art pages I keep in a portfolio:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=sr_1_1&sr=8-1
    Last edited by topfueluhl; 10-26-2015 at 10:00 PM.

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    It is very pricey, but if you're displaying ink work, it's worth it, I think. Again, if it's in direct sunlight. Hide it away a bit and it doesn't matter that much.

I have some original art, one small Mignola, too! Hopefully can get some more at some point. I'd love a cover, but those are well out of my range. Someday!
    I'd love to have a Mignola cover someday too, but even Mike's interior pages are too expensive for me.

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    My "holy grail" is my Hellboy in Hell #3 cover which I have framed behind Tru Vue UV protective acrylic done by my local frame shop.

All my other Mignola original art pages that I don't have framed I store in these BCW toploaders:

http://www.bcwsupplies.com/cat/12x18-topload-holder

The rest of my original art pages I keep in a portfolio:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=sr_1_1&sr=8-1
    Your original art collection is very impressive, especially the Hellboy cover. I'm glad you were able to get it.

Also, none of my original art ever goes anywhere near sunlight.

The Claw of Justice!

Also, none of my original art ever goes anywhere near sunlight.
    If you ever get some Baltimore art, you should be extra careful of sunlight. That would cause the vampires on the page to spontaneously combust.

The Claw of Justice!

There's a 20% off sale for Tyler Crook's art here: http://www.cadencecomicart.com/artist.php?artist=69
    It goes through the 9th of November, I think.

I saw Mike at Stan Lee's Comikaze yesterday in Los Angeles. He didn't bring any pages to sell, but I bought this pencil sketch.

20151031_112738_cropped.jpg

I also picked up this cool print from Hellboy's death a few years ago (the flash made the center look washed out).

20151031_112616_cropped.jpg
    Last edited by topfueluhl; 10-31-2015 at 05:04 PM.

The Claw of Justice!

Cool stuff! I'd like to meet Mike one day at a convention.

My Fariboles arrived today... and it's perfect!

Fariboles Hellboy 01.jpg

It's number 69 (hee-hee!)

BIG shout out to Legion564 for the assist - I know that I said it a couple times, but I'll say it again... I really do appreciate it.

And while I'm at it, here's something that I received a while ago - John Thompson's sculpt of Mohlomi's bell from "The Third Wish"

mohlomi 01.jpg

Years ago on the old Hellboy forum John said that he would send me one, but it just never seemed to work out. Every year or two he would resurface and apologize and ask for my address. Eventually one did arrive. Well, not just "one" - it was his original sculpt!

mohlomi 02.jpg

Not only is it an awesome piece, but it's cool to have a John Thompson original.
    "Deep down underneath it all, I have the heart of a small boy. I keep it in a jar, on my desk." - Robert Bloch

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    It is very pricey, but if you're displaying ink work, it's worth it, I think. Again, if it's in direct sunlight. Hide it away a bit and it doesn't matter that much.

I have some original art, one small Mignola, too! Hopefully can get some more at some point. I'd love a cover, but those are well out of my range. Someday!
    What Mignola piece do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Tim View Post
    My Fariboles arrived today... and it's perfect!

Fariboles Hellboy 01.jpg

It's number 69 (hee-hee!)

BIG shout out to Legion564 for the assist - I know that I said it a couple times, but I'll say it again... I really do appreciate it.

And while I'm at it, here's something that I received a while ago - John Thompson's sculpt of Mohlomi's bell from "The Third Wish"

mohlomi 01.jpg

Years ago on the old Hellboy forum John said that he would send me one, but it just never seemed to work out. Every year or two he would resurface and apologize and ask for my address. Eventually one did arrive. Well, not just "one" - it was his original sculpt!

mohlomi 02.jpg

Not only is it an awesome piece, but it's cool to have a John Thompson original.
    Congrats man your statue looks flawless!
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

The Claw of Justice!

Yesterday I received page 6 from Get the Lobster #5, by Tonci Zonjic. This page is my "grail", so I'm very happy to have it. I also started using a portfolio to keep my art in, so that's where the page is displayed.
    IMG_0952.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterJohnson View Post
    Yesterday I received page 6 from Get the Lobster #5, by Tonci Zonjic. This page is my "grail", so I'm very happy to have it. I also started using a portfolio to keep my art in, so that's where the page is displayed.
    IMG_0952.jpg
    Great page!

The Claw of Justice!

Great page!
    Thanks! I really like it. I think it is my favorite page that I own.

I received my first original art page today from the main man on B.P.R.D. himself - Guy Davis! This is page #20 from B.P.R.D. Dark Waters, the first B.P.R.D. book Guy Davis did the interior art for. It's got Roger riding a sludge monster and Abe fighting crazy Pastor Blackwood.

BPRD_Dark_Waters_page20.jpg
    Last edited by topfueluhl; 11-10-2015 at 05:44 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I received my first original art page today from the main man on B.P.R.D. himself - Guy Davis! This is page #20 from B.P.R.D. Dark Waters, the first B.P.R.D. book Guy Davis did the interior art for. It's got Roger riding a sludge monster and Abe fighting crazy Pastor Blackwood.

Attachment 28834
    Oh dude, this isn't showing up for me. I REALLY want to see this too because Roger was one of my favorite BPRD characters. Can you try and post it again?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor