Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

(Opening in the center case/top shelf is for the Goon Kickstarter statue, center case/bottom shelf is for the Abe Sapien maquette (still looking for one for a decent price), and the 2 openings in the right case are for the 2 Hellboy Comic PFs I have preordered.)

It's finally here and I could not be happier. Without further ado...

The Goon Kickstarter Statue

Snagged the 4 Hellboy artifacts from Skelton Crew Studio a couple months ago but never got around to posting pics.

Bishop Zrinyi's Silver Button

Agrippa's Charm

Elf Shot

Bog Roosh's Nail

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    These arrived just a few hours ago. They are at the framer's now.
    That is a badass acquisition!

Quote Originally Posted by Mack View Post
    That is a badass acquisition!
    Your own collection is extremely impressive.

I love this thread! Great HB collectibles around.

I got this earlier this year. Ive said it before and again, Mister Crook is one stand up guy. He was just passing time doing this. Saw it and asked if he would be willing to sell. Didnt charge me a ridiculous amount as some of the others would for less work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    A sketch I got when the Mignolas attended the Breda Comics Festival 2010 [+ description link]:

I just love this sketch!

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    These arrived just a few hours ago. They are at the framer's now.

Congratulations on owning those two pages. It is such a pivotal moment. And it is great to see that they didn't get split up! Gotta love Guy Davis' style.

My wife and I have a small collection of original art and sketches but we are not very good with the cataloguing and organizing thing. Quite a bit of our art is on her ComicArtFans page.

Morna and I got into collecting comic art because we fell in love with Hellboy comics and Mike Mignola's art and we got involved in this very forum back in 2004. We became friends with a number of posters here and really loved how respectful and generous so many of them are. Morna learned of the notion of collecting original art on this forum and soon she decided that she wanted to meet Mike Mignola and buy some pages of original art from him at Comic Con in San Diego. We journeyed there in 2005. There was a meet-up of Hellboard people and this is who we met...

This is me posing with a page from Third Wish that Morna had just purchased from Mike. Somewhere buried deep in our files is a photo of Morna posing with Mike but I can't find it.

As mentioned in my previous post, we met Mike Mignola in San Diego in 2005 and Morn purchased three pages from him.

This is one of our most prized possessions - the final page from Hellboy: The Conquerer Worm. I love the composition of this page and the fact that it captures a pivotal moment in Hellboy's life where he quits the B.P.R.D. and says goodbye to Kate. We didn't have a scanner at the time, so I will try to replace this crappy photo with a better image soon.

Morna also bought two pages from Hellboy: The Third Wish.

Third Wish 1

Third Wish 2

My little travelogue of our trip to San Diego in 2005 is almost over. One evening while we were at the conference there was a massive Drawing Board meet-up in on of the nearby hotels. Dozens of artists were having drinks and sitting around tables, drawing in each others sketch book. Again, I don't have very good records but here are some drawing that my friend Tad Stones drew in our sketch books that night.

Morna was big into The Black Flame that year, so Tad did this drawing for her:

Morna and I were glass blowers when we met Tad so that inspired him to do this delightful drawing of Hellboy Junior and Johanne in my sketchbook:

Tad worked for Disney for a bunch of years where he notably created, wrote and directed Darkwing Duck. He is also the guy behind the Hellboy Animated projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_B View Post
    As mentioned in my previous post, we met Mike Mignola in San Diego in 2005 and Morn purchased three pages from him.

This is one of our most prized possessions - the final page from Hellboy: The Conquerer Worm. I love the composition of this page and the fact that it captures a pivotal moment in Hellboy's life where he quits the B.P.R.D. and says goodbye to Kate. We didn't have a scanner at the time, so I will try to replace this crappy photo with a better image soon.

Morna also bought two pages from Hellboy: The Third Wish.

Third Wish 1

Third Wish 2
    I love those pages. One day I hope to own a Mike Mignola interior page myself. It's so cool you have that page from Conqueror Worm. Such a great Hellboy/Kate moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack View Post
    [CENTER]It's finally here and I could not be happier. Without further ado...

The Goon Kickstarter Statue
    WOW! It's interesting how it changed somewhat from concept to final. As much as I wanted this, I could not come up with the money at the time and was at a much lower backing level. I think this is one piece that will go up in value given the small production run.

HellboyPH

I love this thread! those were all awesome collection guys and Mack, that's one great display you have there.
    Gary_B, love all the OA and sketches from other artists. I'm doing the same here (Manila, Philippines) collecting hellboy sketches from local artists.
    Will share mine soon.