Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HellboyPH View Post
    I love this thread! those were all awesome collection guys and Mack, that's one great display you have there.
    Gary_B, love all the OA and sketches from other artists. I'm doing the same here (Manila, Philippines) collecting hellboy sketches from local artists.
    Will share mine soon.
    Thanks! Please do share the sketches you have collected.

Morna and I own several pages of Guy Davis' art as well. The very first piece of original we acquired was the Guy's cover for B.P.R.D.: Plague of Frogs #5

Morna bought it on eBay from a collector. I only have this crappy photo of it framed.

When I read Abe Sapien's origin story I fell in love with the Victorian submarine that was shown during the events that led up to Langdon Everett Caul's transformation. Morna contacted Guy Davis about acquiring one of those pages as a birthday present for me one year and he told her that those pages belong to Mike Mignola. He did, however, do this commissioned drawing for us.

I love it!

Amazing Member

Ive always loved these pieces ,Gary!

Quote Originally Posted by gdeo View Post
    Ive always loved these pieces ,Gary!
    Thanks, Gary!

In 2007 Morna and I went to visit David Petersen (Mouse Guard) and helped him sit the show at Motor City Comic Con. We made friends with him here on this forum. While we were at MCCC we met Guy Davis, Stan Sakai (Usagi Yojimbo) and Sergio Aragonés (Groo the Wanderer). Morna had been in contact with Stan before the Con and arranged for him to bring the original art for his awesome cover for Usagi Yojimbo #101, which she purchased. So many death skulls!

Fever Dream

Here is Morna posing with her new aquisition.

It was cool to see that these great artists are fans of each other as well and Stan had arranged to have Guy bring a page of art for him that featues Usagi in a War of the Worlds context. I'm not sure if/where this drawing is published.

Last edited by Gary_B; 06-03-2014 at 03:22 PM.

We spent quite a bit of time visiting with all of these great artists over the span of a few days. All of them were kind enough to do drawings for us.

Stan Sakai.

Sergio Aragonés. Sergio was concerned that Morna and I were closing the long chapter of our lives where we supported ourselves as artists/glassblowers. He was like our supportive grandfather.

Guy Davis and Rosemary Van Deuren. I told Guy that I love the Steampunk cyborgs that he drew for B.P.R.D.: Garden of Souls and asked him to draw one feeding Rosey's pet rabbit Hazel. When the drawing was finished Guy told me that he tried a few times to draw the rabbit, but it kept turning out too scary looking, so he asked Rosey to draw that part.

Speaking of Guy Davis... Morna owns original artwork for another cover of his that she bought directly from Guy. I believe it is from a lesser known french language edition of The Marquis published in Europe.

Morna has a "thing" for skulls and couldn't resist this artwork. Here is how it looked after editing for the publication it appeared on.

I just have to say this thread is awesome.

As I already mentioned, I just love the Steampunk Cyborgs that Guy drew for the Garden of Souls arc of B.P.R.D. We managed to get four amazing pages from that story.

I love how animated the old boys are on this page. Great visual story telling.

I just love seeing the cyborgs lounging in armchairs on this page.

The layout on this page is so dynamic and I love that Abe is flying out of the frame.

And here I got my wish: a page depicting the old Victorian submarine.

When Morna and I acquired our four Garden of Souls pages we traded some of our glass art with Guy for his art. After he received his glass pieces he sent us these two sweet drawings. One of the great mysteries of recent years is that the one he made for Morna is missing. It must be somewhere in this apartment, but we have never been able to find it.

Last edited by Gary_B; 06-04-2014 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_B View Post

And here I got my wish: a page depicting the old Victorian submarine.
    That's my favourite page from that story.

I just picked it up from the framer. My face hurts from smiling.

Holy cow this thread is full of awesome! Props to everyone!
    I guess while we are on the subject of Mr. Davis, i'll share the page I have from Killing Ground. bprd_guydavis_killingground4_9.jpg