Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dekay View Post
    Holy cow this thread is full of awesome! Props to everyone!
    I guess while we are on the subject of Mr. Davis, i'll share the page I have from Killing Ground.
    Ah, so damn awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    I just picked it up from the framer. My face hurts from smiling.
    This is awesome! Not only do you have an amazing pair from Mr. Davis, but you have them framed beautifully together!

This is awesome! Not only do you have an amazing pair from Mr. Davis, but you have them framed beautifully together!
    I was only supposed to buy one, but when I found out they were available, I couldn't bare to separate them. They belong together.

I was only supposed to buy one, but when I found out they were available, I couldn't bare to separate them. They belong together.
    You definitely made the right decision!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_B View Post

When I read Abe Sapien's origin story I fell in love with the Victorian submarine that was shown during the events that led up to Langdon Everett Caul's transformation. Morna contacted Guy Davis about acquiring one of those pages as a birthday present for me one year and he told her that those pages belong to Mike Mignola. He did, however, do this commissioned drawing for us.

I love it!
    Beautiful and detailed.

I just picked it up from the framer. My face hurts from smiling.
    You should be smiling! It is great to know that those pages stayed together and are displayed lovingly.

Holy cow this thread is full of awesome! Props to everyone!
    I guess while we are on the subject of Mr. Davis, i'll share the page I have from Killing Ground. Attachment 3772
    That is an awesome Guy Davis page!

Quote Originally Posted by retical View Post
    Beautiful and detailed.
    I agree! During our correspondence regarding this drawing Guy stated that he loved drawing the submarine from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea when he was young and that he loves adding all the rivets!

I don't have a story for this Guy Davis page. I just love it because it is dynamic and fun!

from BPRD Hell on Earth: New World #2

I know I already posted this image - the final page from Hellboy: The Conquerer Worm when Hellboy quit the B.P.R.D. and said goodbye to Kate....

Years

Years later, Kate retells that moment to Bruno as they quest into the same mountains with Johann's empty bag suit.

When Morna and I saw Guy's take on the same pivotal moment in BPRD: King of Fear, we immediately contacted Guy to see if it was available and when he told it we could have it we decided to buy it for each other as an anniversary gift that year. It is great to own both pages.

Guy seemed charmed that we were buying the page to celebrate our anniversary and when it arrived in the mail he had made this wonderful sketch for us as well. That's right, Morna and I depicted as cuddly Wendigos.

Wow both those pieces are spectacular Gary! It's vey fun to see different takes of the same scene. Your collection is amazing, and I absolutely love that anniversary gift Guy did for you two! Congrats!

Please delete this post.
    Last edited by Mack; 09-23-2014 at 06:56 PM.

All-New Member

Wall of Hellboy:

Upper right is a 3D printed Hellboy replica gun w/break-open, and 40mm round. The trigger actuates the hammer when it's cocked (single action).

Hellboy related comics:

It's one big a$$ box...

HBSS1.jpg
    HBSS2.jpg

Quick pic with the regular on display. I will be taking new collection photos once the Abe Maquette arrives.

I took this photo the other day of all my Mignola trades so I thought I'd share it here. The only thing not in the photo is my BPRD Plague of Frogs Omnibus 2, which I have loaned out.

Mignola Collection.jpg

I mostly read digitally and I rarely have the disposable income for these collections but I feel like I'm getting closer and closer to a complete set, at least the other series only have a handful of collections each. I'm also waiting for that newly announced 1946-48 omnibus, I've been holding off on buying those trades for a while now and I'm glad I did. After I've caught up with the trades, I'll definitely be swapping my hellboy trades for those fancy library editions.

It's not the best pic but here's an angle I haven't posted before, the highlight being the Mignola wall (still a work in progress).