Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default CAPTAIN MARVEL (Yes, MARVEL!) Meets GOTHAM BY GASLIGHT

From Newsarama:
    http://www.newsarama.com/23701-capta...ce-shazam.html

Can't wait for this!

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it myself. Always a fan of classic Captain Marvel.

Hope Cap has the Jacket Flap Uniform. It looks like Mary is in her traditional red.

Maybe the jury is out on just how to handle moving forward and retaining the charm of the character.

The real original Captain Marvel. I will definitely be picking this up.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

I won't be picking this up simply because his name will be Captain Marvel...that's just silly. I'm picking this up because i like the writer and the story sounds intriguing, I'm also a fan of the character. Regardless of what his name is now or what it used to be.

So glad DC is using CAPTAIN MARVEL again. I hope they stick with it as I agree with the consensus that calling him "Shazam" isnt the way to go. I'm a little worried about this event as the characters are supposed to fight to the death. Hopefully they don't kill off the classic versions of these charcaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    I won't be picking this up simply because his name will be Captain Marvel...that's just silly. I'm picking this up because i like the writer and the story sounds intriguing, I'm also a fan of the character. Regardless of what his name is now or what it used to be.
    I'd venture to say all of us are picking it up for the same reason. The OP wasn't trolling with the subject line, that's the headline of the linked article.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So glad DC is using CAPTAIN MARVEL again. I hope they stick with it as I agree with the consensus that calling him "Shazam" isnt the way to go. I'm a little worried about this event as the characters are supposed to fight to the death. Hopefully they don't kill off the classic versions of these charcaters.
    Even if Cap and family don't make it out of this alive, remember, this is not ThunderWorld. That Marvel Family will still exist. This is the original Earth S version. Do we really need two Marvel families that are essentially the exact same characters? The only difference I can see is that Mary wears white on ThunderWorld. That said, I hope the Marvels win.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by seenheard8 View Post
    I'd venture to say all of us are picking it up for the same reason. The OP wasn't trolling with the subject line, that's the headline of the linked article.

It's hard to believe that sometimes, you know how fans are lol. I went straight to the interview to be honest, so i didn't know.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    The real original
    People still say this stuff with a straight face in 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    People still say this stuff with a straight face in 2015?
    You'd be surprise the sheer amount that still do it.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

I might have to refinance my house when Convergence starts, this is going to be fun.
    I have no beef with Vegans

Incredible Member

It looks very promising.

I really enjoyed Thunderworld. Because it gave me some classic Marvel Family goodness. Something I have dearly missed.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    The real original Captain Marvel. I will definitely be picking this up.
    If he's pre-Crisis, I guess he would be the real original, wouldn't he? Since that guy was a continuation of the Golden Age version, as far as I know. Awesome.

Wake me when the current continuity version gets his own title. That I'll be getting. I was never into the old Captain Marvel, and can they manage to find a way to fit a version of Batman into every damn book?
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-05-2015 at 05:50 PM.