Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If any new title(Gen13...) was doing anything except following up where things left off in The Wild Storm?

It would be doing the IP a disservice.

To roll the dice on that to try to put a creative team together with whoever?

I just don't see much of a point, personally.
    So what would you do instead? Hand all the characters to Warren Ellis so he could work them in his The Wild Storm-verse?
    the extra skater
    Download Ferda Boys #1, a 36-page hockey webcomic.

Quote Originally Posted by extra skater View Post
    So what would you do instead? Hand all the characters to Warren Ellis so he could work them in his The Wild Storm-verse?
    If you haven't had the chance to read it, that was exactly what happened in The Wild Storm.

If you didn't have a writer lined up who was could potentially write on that level?

I would just as soon see if left alone with The Wild Storm serving as the high note that the IP went out on.

It's bad enough that Cole/Grifter has turned up since then in "Mainstream..." DC Comics' continuity.

If you haven't had the chance to read it, that was exactly what happened in The Wild Storm.
    Yeah, I know, but not with everyone, he picked some characters and worked with them. It's almost an alternate universe.
    the extra skater
    Download Ferda Boys #1, a 36-page hockey webcomic.

Yeah, I know, but not with everyone, he picked some characters and worked with them. It's almost an alternate universe.
    He signed on for a two, maybe three, year stint.

While I can understand the frustration, I would prefer a lesser number of characters done well than a just passable run that touches on most of the existing characters.

Incredible Member

If you are talking about the rescue from issue three/four where the order is given to demolish that room in the bunker?

It is interesting.

In one panel, we see on of the Razors fire something like a rocket propelled grenade. In the next panel, we see Cole fire off(assuming the casings are each a shot...) about eight rounds. In the next panel, we see the rocket propelled grenade arc straight up into the air. After that arc, it arcs back at the Razors.

What we don't see is if a bullet actually made contact.

That said, we do see Cole make a shot when they enter the room that looked like he hit a thrown grenade(we can't see the Razors...) with one hand while reaching for his mask with the other.

While it seems like they leave it up to the reader, I always assumed that he had actually shot the rocket propelled grenade right out of the air in mid-flight.
    Come to think of it, I don't even think it just looks like he it the rocket propelled grenade.

It seems like as it completes it's arc back to the Razor who fired it's helmet, about four pistol rounds hit him in the helmets right before the grenade goes off in his face.

Yep that's the scene I was referring to.
    To be fair in the original WC's, he tended to use his powers sparsley from what I recall so don't even mind if he wasn't/isn't.
    Still a great portrayal of the character.

Incredible Member

It is incredibly unlikely that anything they might do would even be close to being as good as The Wild Storm was.

That being the case?

If this is where it ends, it's a pretty good note to go out on.
    If any new title(Gen13...) was doing anything except following up where things left off in The Wild Storm?

It would be doing the IP a disservice.

To roll the dice on that to try to put a creative team together with whoever?

I just don't see much of a point, personally.

I'm with you 100%.
    While I really want to see more, I only want more of what we got with TWS.

If you didn't have a writer lined up who was could potentially write on that level?

I would just as soon see if left alone with The Wild Storm serving as the high note that the IP went out on.

It's bad enough that Cole/Grifter has turned up since then in "Mainstream..." DC Comics' continuity.
    He signed on for a two, maybe three, year stint.

While I can understand the frustration, I would prefer a lesser number of characters done well than a just passable run that touches on most of the existing characters.

Yep. Exactly.
    Though as with all things, because the handful of characters were great, there would be the lure to go further and try and include the others which of course can lead to an Icarus situation.
    It would be fantastic to let Ellis do what Hickman has done with the X-Men and just create and run the Universe.

Invincible Member

I don't know, dude... maybe some good writers would do, because I think Grenął always lacked good writing, for instance.
    What is J. Scott Campbell doing right now? Give him Genął plus a good writer and they'd do a great job.
    Making good money as a freelancer! I'm sure DC would let him do an out of continuity thing if he pitched something, but does Scott really want to commit to doing interiors and staying on schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Making good money as a freelancer! I'm sure DC would let him do an out of continuity thing if he pitched something, but does Scott really want to commit to doing interiors and staying on schedule?
    I'd like to see JSC do a one-shot or 4-issue mini. Nothing that requires too big of a commitment. I think I've been a member of his online store since it launched and his covers aren't selling out at the rate they used to. His cover market is pretty saturated and publishers are increasingly pushing newer talent.

That being said, I think that creates an opportunity for him to return to interiors in a limited capacity.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    I'd like to see JSC do a one-shot or 4-issue mini. Nothing that requires too big of a commitment. I think I've been a member of his online store since it launched and his covers aren't selling out at the rate they used to. His cover market is pretty saturated and publishers are increasingly pushing newer talent.

That being said, I think that creates an opportunity for him to return to interiors in a limited capacity.
    Sure, I think any of the majors would be happy to have him on a mini or maxi series. But I just get the feeling Scott's probably happier doing what he's doing now.

It's like I read an interview with Joe Mad a few years back and he said, he's always getting offers to come back to comics, but he's doing just fine working for video game companies.

Incredible Member

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/deat...tier-spoilers/

Not sure how I feel about this...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Doesn't sound too exciting to me but I'm a big fan of Team 7 so I'll give it a shot.gt1121
    Last edited by shooshoomanjoe; 02-07-2021 at 11:52 AM.

Forget being better than The Wild Storm...

This bit probably won't even hold a candle to Wildcats 3.0.

That said, you never can tell when something might surprise you.

Invincible Member

Forget being better than The Wild Storm...

This bit probably won't even hold a candle to Wildcats 3.0.

That said, you never can tell when something might surprise you.
    I haven't read the entirety of Joe Casey's run but what I have read is pretty decent. It seemed like he was taking the idea of pushing superhero comics further seriously.

Mighty Member

Oh man, The Wild Storm by Ellis was superb and would love to have it continue.

Astonishing Member

So did Jim Lee sell the Wildstorm verse to DC or is he just leasing it to him. Where they to part ways (Lee and DC) would he ever get them back, ala Milestone, or was it bought and paid for lock, stock and barrel?