Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I would absolutely love if WildStorm could get the chance to do a crossover with the other Image founders for their dirty 30 anniversary next year.

If Gen-13 is involved, then you can count me in!

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    why would you want to get rid of all the DC era stuff? Planetary, Authority, DV8, WildCats 3.0, Kev, Tom Strong, Promethea, Top 10, Sleeper etc...
    Thats Wildstorms best stuff...
    Agreed Sleeper & Planetary were my favorites. Like to see Top 10 done with Wildstorm & DC characters in it as cameos.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    why would you want to get rid of all the DC era stuff? Planetary, Authority, DV8, WildCats 3.0, Kev, Tom Strong, Promethea, Top 10, Sleeper etc...
    Thats Wildstorms best stuff...
    Agreed Sleeper & Planetary were my favorites. Like to see Top 10 done with Wildstorm & DC characters in it as cameos.
    If there were any way to bring back Jonni Future & the rest of ABC, then I would definitely support it (XD):

So what does everyone think of how the Wildstorm characters are being given another chance to exist in the DCU? The popular opinion seems to be that they should have stayed in their own universe but it doesn't seem that will ever happen again.

We'll be covering it all at our Wildstorm Addiction Podcast channel!

https://www.youtube.com/@WildstormAddiction
    http://www.wildstormaddiction.com-Wildstorm Addiction podcast

Quote Originally Posted by grifter78 View Post
    So what does everyone think of how the Wildstorm characters are being given another chance to exist in the DCU? The popular opinion seems to be that they should have stayed in their own universe but it doesn't seem that will ever happen again.

My opinion is that some concepts like The Authority will always need to be diluted in a world where there’s a Justice League. There’s no way The Authority would get away with doing what they do in the regular DCU.
    That said, I do love the characters and I’m curious about what they do next with them on the DCU.
    I do wish we had gotten a cooler Stormwatch team than the one that was teased in the Anniversary special, though.
    So far Wildcats seems better positioned as a concept compared to other Wildstorm characters and elements, but it’s also one of the easiest to bring over.

Not that what they are currently doing is "You Should Be Ashamed!..." bad.

I'm just not even remotely invested in what they are doing. Not saying it might not take a quick turn to something interesting. Just that the setup was a complete bummer.

I liked the new characters like City Boy and Angel Breaker. I rather get something like The Wild Storm from Ellis and davis-Hunt and set it outside the DCU. But Wildcats was pretty fun.

I'd love it if they did another Welcome to Tranquility volume from Simone and Syaf.

Quote Originally Posted by grifter78 View Post

The WSU should NEVER have been in crossover with the DCU. They don't mesh and never will without watering down one or the other to a point where they would be unrecognizable to even the most die hard fans. Also they operate in different ways when I think about the WSU of the 90s it's basically always a massive conspiracy story and honestly I was sick of that crap by the time of the first X-Files movie came out and now it's almost always a massive eye roll (at best) from me or a middle finger from me (at worst) because I am sick and tied of conspiracy stories. I think the WSU would never work with Marvel for the same reason. They should've stayed in their own little imprint and universe and never been folded into the New 52 or ever be part of the DCU multiverse.

I don't think Jim Lee cares that much about these characters and if the co-creator of some or most of them don't care then I should I care? Give it a 30th anniversary special that should be it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    I don't think Jim Lee cares that much about these characters and if the co-creator of some or most of them don't care then I should I care? Give it a 30th anniversary special that should be it.
    Jim Lee should never had sold Wildstorm to DC Comics to begin with. The Gen 13 animated movie was almost completed when he sold the company, causing Disney to not release the film to the US market. If Jim Lee had been patient, Wildstorm Comics might had gone on to become a media powerhouse by now. Selling the company brought those plans to a close.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Jim Lee should never had sold Wildstorm to DC Comics to begin with. The Gen 13 animated movie was almost completed when he sold the company, causing Disney to not release the film to the US market. If Jim Lee had been patient, Wildstorm Comics might had gone on to become a media powerhouse by now. Selling the company brought those plans to a close.
    Or Wildstorm might be where Top Cow and Extreme Studios are today... which is nowhere. I also wish Lee hadn't sold his creations to DC but with the comics market collapse at the time I think he made a very sensible move. The costs of the Gen13 animated movie are actually one of the factors that precipitated Lee's decision if I recall correctly - and Iooking at the comicbook adaptations landscape at the moment I'm not seeing a lot of love for 90s Image heroes, so while I think DC has been overall terrible for Wildstorm, I suspect the alternative might have been total oblivion.

Astonishing Member

I remember being all excited about that Gen 13 movie when I first heard about it way back when.

Then I saw it.

You can see it for yourself on Youtube, but I don't know why you would do that to yourself, tbh. Same applies to the Wildcats cartoon.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Or Wildstorm might be where Top Cow and Extreme Studios are today... which is nowhere. I also wish Lee hadn't sold his creations to DC but with the comics market collapse at the time I think he made a very sensible move. The costs of the Gen13 animated movie are actually one of the factors that precipitated Lee's decision if I recall correctly - and Iooking at the comicbook adaptations landscape at the moment I'm not seeing a lot of love for 90s Image heroes, so while I think DC has been overall terrible for Wildstorm, I suspect the alternative might have been total oblivion.
    I wish that someone would buy Wildstorm Comics from DC Comics, as to make the brand independent again....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I remember being all excited about that Gen 13 movie when I first heard about it way back when.

Then I saw it.

You can see it for yourself on Youtube, but I don't know why you would do that to yourself, tbh. Same applies to the Wildcats cartoon.
    Imagine if WildCATS and Gen 13 was animated on the level of Sunrise Cowboy Bebop or Code Geass?

I have seen the Gen-13 animated movie and it sucks.