Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Glad to see I'm not alone in thinking that some of the Wildstorm properties should have been sold to Silvestri/Top Cow.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    Glad to see I'm not alone in thinking that some of the Wildstorm properties should have been sold to Silvestri/Top Cow.
    A few years ago, I emailed Top Cow as to why they didn't consider buying Wildstorm while they had the chance. They replied by saying that at the time, Silvestri was focused with developing the Top Cow brand. Thus, it would appear that they were not interested at the time. And DC bought Wildstorm for Jim Lee and Allan Moore. None the less, Jim Lee used that opportunity to get to the highest position that a comic artist could reach: Publisher.

Imagine how things might have been different if he had partnered up with Event Comics and have Joe Quesada and company at the helm of Wildstorm while he stepped down from the role of Publisher at the time?

BANNED

I just wish W.I.L.D.cats had an actual book. gawd i miss that book. With that preface, yes i think it was a horrible idea.

W.I.L.D Cats def should come back , looking at some of the DC comics with teams , you got JLA and Suicide Squad , few others but Cats would be a good one to revive.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AstroWolfboy View Post
    W.I.L.D Cats def should come back , looking at some of the DC comics with teams , you got JLA and Suicide Squad , few others but Cats would be a good one to revive.
    I say that Wildstorm should be acquired by an investment group an be made independent once again from DC Comics. I never felt that the company should had been sold in the first place. Imagine how far the company would had been today if Jim Lee had sold the company to Top Cow or Events Comics(before Marvel came along). If it means that the Wildstorm brand can be reset to how it was before DC acquired them, it would be great...

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I say that Wildstorm should be acquired by an investment group an be made independent once again from DC Comics. I never felt that the company should had been sold in the first place. Imagine how far the company would had been today if Jim Lee had sold the company to Top Cow or Events Comics(before Marvel came along). If it means that the Wildstorm brand can be reset to how it was before DC acquired them, it would be great...
    I know if Wildstorm was teamed up with Top Cow I'd be really happy. They could bring back Pitt , Maxx along side Wild C.A.Ts . There's so many Ifs and what ifs , that I'll believe it when I see it that the C.A.Ts are making a come back.

Pitt and the Maxx are creator owned. Not Top Cow properties.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Pitt and the Maxx are creator owned. Not Top Cow properties.
    Oh right , I sort of knew The Maxx and Pitt creator owned , Just wishful thinking to have them back. But Deathblow and DV8 more fitting with Wild C.A.Ts for a Wildstorm Reboot.

Astonishing Member

I certainly miss the old Deathblow series:

Spectacular Member

This thread should be locked. It is opening old wounds

Poor Wildstorm.

Also, PITT will be showing up from Top Cow, just wait

Spectacular Member

I
    I certainly miss the old Deathblow series:

This was possibly my favorite series from Wildstorm in the 90's.

Nothing comes close to the Pre-DC Wildstorm:

Ah, just the other night, I pulled out my WildCats (0-13+Sourcebook) run, and was kind of reminiscing, I have a few issue's of Divine Right, which, most here probably never heard of, but it's classic Jim Lee, anyway, he's been my favorite artist since I was a young kid, but I agree, he never should of sold Wildstorm, he should of kept it at image, although Dc shows love, the Wildstorm characters will always play second fiddle to their main characters...
    #MagnetoWasRight

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Monkey View Post
    I

This was possibly my favorite series from Wildstorm in the 90's.
    Imagine if Jim Lee did that kind of artwork for the Punisher or Black Widow like he did with Deathblow? The Deathbow series was great in black and white because it really showed a story that needed no dialog.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ApolloCreed!(The One and Only) View Post
    Ah, just the other night, I pulled out my WildCats (0-13+Sourcebook) run, and was kind of reminiscing, I have a few issue's of Divine Right, which, most here probably never heard of, but it's classic Jim Lee, anyway, he's been my favorite artist since I was a young kid, but I agree, he never should of sold Wildstorm, he should of kept it at image, although Dc shows love, the Wildstorm characters will always play second fiddle to their main characters...
    I sometimes wonder if there was a way for an investment group to buy Wildstorm from DC whereby nothing during the DC era(newly created series and characters) could be used? It would be cool if the deal includes everything that was Wildstorm before it was sold to DC Comics, which would be ok with me. Especially Gen 13, which suffered horribly under DC's tenure:

Astonishing Member

I feel that Jim Lee made the worst mistake in selling Wildstorm to DC Comics as they have shut them down in 2010. Imagine how far they might have gone if the company was still independent? The Gen 13 cartoon would have been widely distributed in the USA instead of going to the international markets where no one has heard about it. The company might have been an animated powerhouse in its own right, with or without Jim Lee's involvement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WildStorm

It goes to show that no one knows what the future holds. But one thing is certain, never sell an independent company to either Marvel or DC because they will shut them down eventually, like Malibu Comics and Wildstorm Comics respectively. They'll heavily promote their acquired characters in the beginning. But will focus less and less as time goes by, as we are seeing with Marvel's newly acquired character Angela by Neil Gaiman who will soon learn that Marvel is just as bad as Todd McFarlane, who should have just paid him his royalties instead of trying to rip him off, which costs him a lot of avoidable legal fees.