Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Did they ever reveal who the parents of DV8 were?

Besides Sublime.

Because supposedly all the members of DV8 and Gen13 had parents who were in Team 7.
    Best as I can recall, they only revealed a few of them.

- Sublime
    - Threshold
    - Bliss

Past that, I'm practically certain that Hector Morales was eventually revealed to be clone of some kind. If that was actually I.O. disinformation? No telling.

I gotta disagree with the OP. The only pre-DC WildStorm books I truly enjoy are the ones written by Ellis and Alan Moore.
    The cliche 90s X-men copies didn't do it for me.
    Later stuff like Authority, Planetary, Wildcats 3.0, Sleeper, Promethea, Ex Machina etc are the reason I miss the imprint so much.

I will agree that DC is currently mishandling the WS IPs (as they have done for more than a decade), but I think the sale to DC produced the company's best content BY FAR.
    The Wild Storm was the one saving grace of recent years, but it looks like that version of the universe is dead due to Ellis dropping off his comic work after the controversy surrounding his behavior towards women.

I do hope DC's new focus on digital will lead them to create a Wildstorm section in the DC Universe app. I think a lot of the content I mentioned is still so relevant and fresh compared to what is being put out today, that it could lead to a revival of the imprint, in its own separate universe once again.
    I could even see some Wildstorm OGNs finding success in the current market. Imagine a new Authority OGN set in the present with a hot creative team and freedom to ignore crap like World's End? A new version of Wildcats 3.0?
    Wildstorm should be the place for new takes on the old superhero formula that wouldn't fit the more conservative and "iconic" DCU.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

At first I would disagree with you because I loved Planetary, Authority and even Monarchy but now DC just wants their trinity (Supes,Bats,& WW) to flourish they use the TITANS as canon fodder for big events the JSA are rarely used as is Wildstorm. Loved Justice Soxiety of America & the Outsiders with Nightwing & Arsenal they were my two favorite DC after they cancelled them I still could read Authority, Stormwatch ,and Sleeper but DC stopped them I was like WTH? Personally, Wildstorm would have better as a part of Marvel just look at World War 3 in Marvel's Heroes Reborn granted it was an alternate earth story but it was pretty cool
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    At first I would disagree with you because I loved Planetary, Authority and even Monarchy but now DC just wants their trinity (Supes,Bats,& WW) to flourish they use the TITANS as canon fodder for big events the JSA are rarely used as is Wildstorm. Loved Justice Soxiety of America & the Outsiders with Nightwing & Arsenal they were my two favorite DC after they cancelled them I still could read Authority, Stormwatch ,and Sleeper but DC stopped them I was like WTH? Personally, Wildstorm would have better as a part of Marvel just look at World War 3 in Marvel's Heroes Reborn granted it was an alternate earth story but it was pretty cool
    If Wildstorm were a part of Marvel, it would have eventually gone the same way as the Ultimate Universe and the MC2.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If Wildstorm were a part of Marvel, it would have eventually gone the same way as the Ultimate Universe and the MC2.
    Unfortunately, that would probably have been the most likely outcome.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Starting to wish Wildstorm wasn’t bought by DC either they keep messing with the characters it was great when it was an imprint then had high hopes for the new 52 but DC screwed it up it would have been better if it stayed with Image or was bought by Marvel but they are X saturated just like DC is Bat happy crazy
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Don't forget the Ultraverse.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I gotta disagree with the OP. The only pre-DC WildStorm books I truly enjoy are the ones written by Ellis and Alan Moore.
    The cliche 90s X-men copies didn't do it for me.
    Later stuff like Authority, Planetary, Wildcats 3.0, Sleeper, Promethea, Ex Machina etc are the reason I miss the imprint so much.

I will agree that DC is currently mishandling the WS IPs (as they have done for more than a decade), but I think the sale to DC produced the company's best content BY FAR.
    The Wild Storm was the one saving grace of recent years, but it looks like that version of the universe is dead due to Ellis dropping off his comic work after the controversy surrounding his behavior towards women.

I do hope DC's new focus on digital will lead them to create a Wildstorm section in the DC Universe app. I think a lot of the content I mentioned is still so relevant and fresh compared to what is being put out today, that it could lead to a revival of the imprint, in its own separate universe once again.
    I could even see some Wildstorm OGNs finding success in the current market. Imagine a new Authority OGN set in the present with a hot creative team and freedom to ignore crap like World's End? A new version of Wildcats 3.0?
    Wildstorm should be the place for new takes on the old superhero formula that wouldn't fit the more conservative and "iconic" DCU.
    But I wonder will DC even try, because there’s currently no potential movie tv or movie adaptations of any Wildstorm character.

Really, all they need is at least one character with a potential adaptation to let DC know to make them relevant in comics again.

Which character that could be, I don’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    But I wonder will DC even try, because there’s currently no potential movie tv or movie adaptations of any Wildstorm character.

Really, all they need is at least one character with a potential adaptation to let DC know to make them relevant in comics again.

Which character that could be, I don’t know.
    I know, right?! If there were someway to vote, my choice would be...

Cybernary

What's the name of the Stormwatch character who was bonded to some kind of vampire-like symbiote creature?

What's the name of the Stormwatch character who was bonded to some kind of vampire-like symbiote creature?
    Amanda Reed(Taboo)?

Only thing is that she was a part of the Backlash comic. That said, it being Backlash could explain thinking of Stormwatch.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    From what I can recall, there were some sort of issues(who knows what they might have actually been...)

Seems like Ellis essentially told fans to just consider the "WILDC.A.T.s" title dead.
    Anybody got a quote for this?

He basically laid it out in the newsletter.

"Bottom Line..." was that it is most likely never going to happen.

This piece sort of gets into some of the specifics -

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/coul...ver-say-never/

The Wild storm was a good read but more about set up than payoff. The last volume was underwhelming to me.

But I was really curious about his take on Gen 13.