Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Amanda Reed(Taboo)?

Only thing is that she was a part of the Backlash comic. That said, it being Backlash could explain thinking of Stormwatch.
    You're correct. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You're correct. Thank you.
    Always glad to pitch in where I can.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Don't forget the Ultraverse.
    Also CrossGen and Malibu's Genesis line. Marvel dropped the ball in introducing/bringing back the X-Mutants after House of M.

I hope you guys remember the wildcats animated series theme song and have it stuck in your heads for the rest of the night.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If Wildstorm were a part of Marvel, it would have eventually gone the same way as the Ultimate Universe and the MC2.
    It depends on how the contract was agreed upon.

In Ultraverse's case from why I can remember Marvel was interested in the coloring system studio that Malibu was using. So they bought the company and all its assets that they could.

I am not sure the coloring system was really exclusive to Malibu because Milestone's book around 1996 started using it. In their books they mentioned it. I want to say Static #25 and the Long Hot Summer were the first to have it.

The issue with Ultraverse much like Black Lightening was COMPESATION to the creators. Somebody doesn't want to pay. Especially since Gerard Jones is one of those creators.

Ultimate Universe tossed out Miles Morales. If Wildstorm ended like that we would probably have Grifter, Midnighter or Stormwatch in a movie by now.

Well, it was a nice giant IP's acquisition by AT&T. Lee is fabulously rich now. Can only imagine he's more than fine with whatever DC does/doesn't do with WS. Besides, DC is making moves to be the House of Batman with some Superman.

WW could really use some kind of rouges gallery other than Cheetah. Surely they can flip her some from the WS IP's. Cybernary & Taboo both look good & hasn't done anything in years.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Well, it was a nice giant IP's acquisition by AT&T. Lee is fabulously rich now. Can only imagine he's more than fine with whatever DC does/doesn't do with WS. Besides, DC is making moves to be the House of Batman with some Superman.

WW could really use some kind of rouges gallery other than Cheetah. Surely they can flip her some from the WS IP's. Cybernary & Taboo both look good & hasn't done anything in years.
    I would love to see Cheetah as part of Batman's rogues instead of Wonder Woman, along with Mad Harriet and The Joker working together for a change. The one Rogue gallery that could work for WW is Black Adam and The Rot...

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Also CrossGen and Malibu's Genesis line. Marvel dropped the ball in introducing/bringing back the X-Mutants after House of M.
    Joe Q, back when he was Marvel's EIC said he wanted to bring back the Ultraverse but the rights were supposed to be shared with Malibu/Marvel and the creators and since they are of creators involved with the Ultraverse it would be a legal and financial nightmare to sort out all of the rights and royalties with all the creators and since some of the creators are not on good terms with Marvel makes it even harder for what is basically a small cult classic line.

The Genesis line The Protectors and their spin-offs Man of Action, The Ferret, Gravestone, and the rest are public domain characters and I don't know who owns the rights to Dinosaurs For Hire and The Ex-Mutants and again for even a smaller cult classic line.

Marvel didn't get what CrossGen was and rebooted it all wrong and failed to get the original creators back to finish the their first crossover and reprint the original series.
    Last edited by Cyberstrike; 12-22-2020 at 08:11 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It depends on how the contract was agreed upon.

In Ultraverse's case from why I can remember Marvel was interested in the coloring system studio that Malibu was using. So they bought the company and all its assets that they could.

I am not sure the coloring system was really exclusive to Malibu because Milestone's book around 1996 started using it. In their books they mentioned it. I want to say Static #25 and the Long Hot Summer were the first to have it.

The issue with Ultraverse much like Black Lightening was COMPENSATION to the creators. Somebody doesn't want to pay. Especially since Gerard Jones is one of those creators.

Ultimate Universe tossed out Miles Morales. If Wildstorm ended like that we would probably have Grifter, Midnighter or Stormwatch in a movie by now.
    Miles Morales was carried over to Marvel-616 because Bendis wanted to continue writing the character for his long awaited Spider-Men II series that he wanted to finish. I feel that Miles works best in the Ultimate Universe....

We still show Wildstorm some love on our channel:

https://youtube.com/user/WildstormAddiction
    http://www.wildstormaddiction.com-Wildstorm Addiction podcast

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

If Jim Lee had to sell Wildstorm I really thought he should have gone to Marvel after reading the WildCats/X-men stories along with the thirteenth issues of Heroes Reborn. Wildstorm meshed well with Marvel characters instead of the feeling of being judged by DC (it seems that way) who have no idea how to use them.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Incredible Member

Did anyone here read The Wild Storm by Ellis from a few years back?

I for loved it (overall) and would want to see it established as a Universe. While I did grow up on the original WS, TWS fits better with my tastes today.

Thought the little nods to the original WS universe and re-inventions were sweet. My major gripe was the treatment of Slayton who was one of my favorite charaters in the original.

What did y'all think?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post

I for loved it (overall) and would want to see it established as a Universe. While I did grow up on the original WS, TWS fits better with my tastes today.

Thought the little nods to the original WS universe and re-inventions were sweet. My major gripe was the treatment of Slayton who was one of my favorite charaters in the original.

What did y'all think?
    Well, it wasn't just Slayton.

Other folks from the Project could tell that there were issues with their implants. Rainmaker was the only person who seemed to have come out entirely on top of his implant.

Past that, best version of the IP ever.

Did a lot with a fairly "Small..." corner of the what they could have used.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post

What did y'all think?
    Is this set in its own universe or in the new 52 universe?