Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Orphan Black

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Krystal is hilarious. Her cosmetics war is so funny because she's so right but so wrong at the same time. Also, her seeing Sarah as too ugly to be her clone was so funny.

It is blasphemy but I kinda hope they start killing clones next season, we're getting too many. I seriously thought Alison would die this season since she's so far apart from the main story now but nope, Helena with the bow and arrow in the craft room.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I am glad they didn't try to go for the redemption route with Rachel. I was worried they would but seeing them go the other way and having her embrace her evil bitch side fully made me smile. The meeting between Krystal and Sarah was hysterical with the way Krystal was so clueless as to Sarah being her clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Krystal is hilarious. Her cosmetics war is so funny because she's so right but so wrong at the same time. Also, her seeing Sarah as too ugly to be her clone was so funny.

It is blasphemy but I kinda hope they start killing clones next season, we're getting too many. I seriously thought Alison would die this season since she's so far apart from the main story now but nope, Helena with the bow and arrow in the craft room.
    I just hope it's not Cosima, or Rachel, or Alison. Sarah, MK, or even Krystal can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am glad they didn't try to go for the redemption route with Rachel. I was worried they would but seeing them go the other way and having her embrace her evil bitch side fully made me smile. The meeting between Krystal and Sarah was hysterical with the way Krystal was so clueless as to Sarah being her clone.
    Yaaas! I'm still so happy about her on that finale. Even on the previous episode, when she took down Evie, it wasn't about helping the others, it was about herself, on how she defied her by saying a clone couldn't have the power. Random comment: She reminds me of Maddie Pryor.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I just hope it's not Cosima, or Rachel, or Alison. Sarah, MK, or even Krystal can die.
    I'm actually surprised we haven't seen much clone death out of the "main" crew. Unlike most shows... they can kill any of these characters without somebody losing their job.

I think Sarah is ultimately wearing the strongest plot armor. She is ultimately the "lead" character on the show. If she were to die, it couldn't be any earlier than the finale. Final self-sacrifice or something.

Cosima's the one I worry about the most. Not only is she my favorite, but I feel like they've been teasing us with her death since season one.

Retired

They can hop around in time, too. So even if a character dies, that doesn't take them out of the show. I wasn't expecting to see so much of Beth this season--being she's dead and all--so that was a surprise.

I loved the flashbacks with Beth this season.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I loved the flashbacks with Beth this season.
    Yep. Finally getting a background on Beth was great even if it was very sad to see how broken she was inside.

I always thought season one was the strongest season... and all of the callbacks to season one in this season with Beth really brought me back there. I thought this whole season was great.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I'm actually surprised we haven't seen much clone death out of the "main" crew. Unlike most shows... they can kill any of these characters without somebody losing their job.

I think Sarah is ultimately wearing the strongest plot armor. She is ultimately the "lead" character on the show. If she were to die, it couldn't be any earlier than the finale. Final self-sacrifice or something.

Cosima's the one I worry about the most. Not only is she my favorite, but I feel like they've been teasing us with her death since season one.
    Yeah, I know Sarah is the most safe. But well, 5 is the last season, so there isn't the "what about the future of the show?" problem, and it would be the most shocking. Cosima's death being teased since ever makes her a boring and predictable choice. Alison, Rachel and Helena are the ones in possible danger. But Rachel is a villain and she entered the show later so it wouldn't feel the same as the others dying.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

With the final season coming up in June, I decided to rewatch the first four seasons so they would be fresh in my mind going into this last season. I've already seen things that I forgot about. This is such a great show.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I feel like Helena's been pregnant half the life of the entire show.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I feel like Helena's been pregnant half the life of the entire show.
    LOL

10 chars
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Retired

Kristian Bruun (who plays Donnie) has had a relatively minor role on MURDOCH MYSTERIES since before ORPHAN BLACK. But this season of MURDOCH gave his character much more attention; however, without giving away spoilers, the season ended on a cliffhanger, leaving the fate of several characters in doubt. With OB ending and his role as Constable Jackson possibly at an end--I wonder what new project he might have coming up. I think he's a great actor.

And the sistras are back!! A very good start to the final season. We got some good Sarah, Cosima, Allison, Helana, and Rachel bits which is a good way to kick off the final season, and it looks like MK is coming back which I was not sure we would see.

And there we go.

spoilers:
    Really enjoyed the finale. Yes, if I was looking for flaws, it maybe swept a lot of the "fall of Dyad" aftermath under the carpet and we didn't learn the final fate of Enger or how Art might have explained the events of the last few episodes. But ultimately, this has always been a show focused on the characters and their relationships. And that's what the finale was about.

I loved the symmetry of Art and Sarah being the two to rescue and help Helena after season 1 was very much about them bringing her to justice. And it says everything about the writing and Tatiana's performance (one of them!) as Helena that she was able to transition from killer to Sestra across the subsequent four seasons. I won't lie, after Helena's babies were born I spent much of the next five minutes thinking "dontbeadreamsequencedontbeadreaamsequence". I think it was when we began to focus on Sarah still not being 'mended' that I took it as real life.

For me, it felt right to end the series, not with a big action scene but with all the Sestras together (and a last goodbye to Rachel) to give us (certainly me) one last "I keep forgetting they're all the same actor!!" moments. And kudos to the person on twitter who noticed how in that scene, each Sestra sits in a way that fits their character... https://twitter.com/cloneposter/stat...49468296589312
    end of spoilers
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"