Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    If Superman had flown away when Zod started fighting him(since Zod had pretty much been attacking Superman for the majority of the fight) he'd be golden. the sheer fact that they go into space knock a satellite out of orbit and it crashes directly over metropolis is another example of Man of Steel basically forcing the fight to stay in the city.
    If they wanted to show Superman protecting the city they could have done that but that's not the way the fight was choreographed. Its just two super powered bricks knocking each other around the city
    Zod made it clear his goal was to kill the entire human race. What possible reason does Superman have to believe that Zod would follow him if he ran away? What's to stop Zod from just turning around and start slaughtering civilians until Superman comes back to stop him?

And Zod brought the fight back to Metropolis. Not Superman.

Sorry, but I will never view "Run away from the violent monster who just vowed to commit genocide" as the appropriate action of a hero.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I think a dark JL movie would have been really popular 5 or six years ago, but I feel that there has been a definite shift in superhero fandom in recent years, books like Harley Quinn and Batgirl are light hearted and are among DC's most popular books. And pretty much all of Marvel's movies are on the light size.
    Right, cuz Nolan's Batman trilogy and MoS made no money at all, fans definitely don't want this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Zod made it clear his goal was to kill the entire human race. What possible reason does Superman have to believe that Zod would follow him if he ran away? What's to stop Zod from just turning around and start slaughtering civilians until Superman comes back to stop him?

Sorry, but I will never view "Run away from the violent monster who just vowed to commit genocide" as the appropriate action of a hero.
    QFT, Zod would and could just destroy the next city, too, had the fight left Metropolis. People act like Zod was some type of dope who could be easily put away by Clark, as opposed to being the equally powerful and far more skilled fighter of the two, intent on wiping out the entire earth.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I have to agree. I don't see any incentive for Zod to follow Clark into space myself.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    Greaaaaat.

You have an entire universe steeped in total whimsy, and this is the way you bring it to film.

The Dark Knight worked because it was moderately smart, though. This is like the post-Watchmen/Dark Knight Returns darkness craze in comics, which is kind of hilarious -- taking all the wrong lessons from one exemplary work.
    Yeah its just like what happened in the 90s when artists took over the industry and made characters with guns the size of their entire bodies and 20 pouches. And Spawn is just like Spiderman except his powers come from hell and he kills people. But those artists couldn't write so they just !Ade everything super dark.

Same thing happening now except its a visually effects director.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    To be fair, I don't think the sort of people who complain about MoS being too violent are the sort of people who play video games.

But yeah, I see what you're getting at. The biggest DC event of all time involved the destruction of countless universes, it's not like things going boom is somehow against how superheroes function.
    That's because Crisis also included things like Hope and true heroism.

Spectacular Member Jesse_Custer's Avatar

If having movies that have a raspy voiced Christian Bale in them , and having less movies than MARVEL equals "edgier".... than yeah, they got it
    Last edited by Jesse_Custer; 03-06-2015 at 08:03 PM.

Maybe the answer is not to make your villains motives the genocide of an entire world?

Quote Originally Posted by Stazz View Post
    And to add another example to the "Battle of New York" Double Standards, remember the tracking shot that showed everyone fighting? It culminates in Thor and Hulk taking down a Leviathan and Hulk DELIBERATELY crashing the thing into Grand Central. But nobody ever brings that up.
    What relevance does that inconsequential moment have?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    Maybe the answer is not to make your villains motives the genocide of an entire world?
    Zod threatening to conquer the Earth and enslave humanity would've made no difference.

The stakes are still far too high to justify running away.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Zod threatening to conquer the Earth and enslave humanity would've made no difference.

The stakes are still far too high to justify running away.
    Maybe Zod's ambitions should have been limited to stealing forty cakes.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

But his sole purpose in life was to do what was best for his people and that involved killing all humans. ( >.>)

BANNED

Zod threatening to conquer the Earth and enslave humanity would've made no difference...
    I would have preferred this. I wish they would have went with that instead of him wanting to kill everyone off.

And this is why I really have no patience for MoS discussion.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Isn't that the role of the villain?
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52