75 42.13%
  • Bruce and Damian

8 4.49%
  • Other

7 3.93%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raichi View Post
    Dick & Damian was so awesome as a duo.
    They were good together . . . as were Damian and Stephanie Brown as Batgirl.

Incredible Member

A lot of these kinds of questions are generational in the answers. So my favorite duo would be the first, Bruce and Dick. While a lot of those stories are outdated, you can see that they had a good relationship. If I could do a second place, it would be Dick and Damian. Dick did a good job of training his younger brother.

I wanted to vote for Bruce and Dick but I thought about it some more and I realized that while I can recall stories where Bruce and Dick teamed up and where Bruce and Tim team up, I can't recall moments between them that ever really stuck in my mind. The side kicks were just sort of there.

So which team ups do I like with moments that stick to my brain?

I got two answers.

1. Batman & Batgirl

Yes, I know I am going to get a chorus of ewws from those who remember that Bruce/Babs was a thing in TNBA. However, shush! I am talking about them as collegues and partners. While Babs was an independent operator for the most part, I like the chemistry she had with both Batman and Robin. While Dick was the chauvanist in the Bronze Age who was all 'a young girl like you shouldn't fight crime', Bruce was more accepting of her.

I like their team ups during TNBA both in the cartoons and the tie in comics. There was an interesting contrast between them. Furthermore, I like how in The Batman they had Batgirl debut before Robin did. It actually makes a great deal of sense because unless you are talking about the Post- Crisis version of Batgirl who was Gordon's adopted niece, Babs would have been in Gotham when Batman first debuted. She would have been following his exploits and in fact it makes less sense for her to not debut first.

Furthermore, by having a rebellious young girl who wanted to be a superhero whom Bruce tried and failed to discourage and ultimately accepted as his partner, it actually gives him motivation and provides context for why he would allow Dick Grayson to become Robin. "Well, that crazy red head proved herself capable. Lets see how you do under my direct supervision."

And my other favorite Dynamic Duo is......

2. Batman & Jason Todd

When I think of memorable Robin moments and memorable Batman and Robin moments, the common denominator is almost always Jason Todd. I am not talking about Jim Starlin's Robin, I am talking about how other writers such as Mike W Barr and Marv Wolfman were characterizing him in Detective Comics and New Teen Titans respectively.

Even before becoming the resident bad boy of the Bat Family, Jason was known for venturing into places where no other Robin has gone before.

One of the funniest Batman moments involves him:

He was adorable in his own way:

Then there was his New Teen Titans appearances:

http://i62.tinypic.com/25psl5x.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/2gwb9xy.jpg

What strike me about this period was how much Jason came across as the everyman among the Robins. He had no prior skill set like Dick, Tim and Damian did. He was new to the whole business and he wasn't always sure of what to do. However, he was a good person deep down and he tried to do his best no matter what. While I like Jason's role representing as Bruce's greatest failure and the dangers of being a superhero, the dead Robin trope has become too diluted because Damian was killed off as well which ruins any kind of impact either his or Jason's death had in the first place.

I think returning Jason to the everyman status could be beneficial to the character. His whole reason for being the violent angry anti-hero of the Bat Family is a house built on quicksand because the reason why the Joker is still alive is not something that can be solved on that side of the 4th wall but this one. Leave the anti hero bs to Azrael and Huntress.

But for now here is an ominous foreshadowing from way before DC tried to kill off Jason Tood:

http://i57.tinypic.com/2vt848z.jpg

(the link is from the story that inspired an episode of TNBA)

Dick and Damian are absoluty fantastic.
    Bruce and Damian are heartwarming
    Bruce and Tim worked great together
    but Bruce and Dick will always be my favorite.

Although, Bruce and Cass probably had the best partnership.
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 05-18-2014 at 09:39 PM.

I guess I'm partial to Bruce and Tim because I grew up with them so essentially they were the only Dynamic Duo that I knew of and plus they always just seemed to work extremely well together.

Bruce and Dick followed by Bruce and Tim.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Bruce and TIM all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by deadboy80 View Post
    Bruce and TIM all the way.
    Hey I just realized Bruce+Tim=Bruce Timm. No wonder he was so good at writing Batman.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I always liked the Bruce and Carrie dynamic with him always telling to shape up otherwise she is fired, Carrie just taking on herself to become Robin etc.

Bruce and Tim for me.

"In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

To difficult to choose...every era has it's moments.

There's an honourable mention that shouldn't be left out however....

Extraordinary Member

These guys, without question.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

1. Bruce and Dick
    2. Dick and Damian
    3. Bruce and Damian
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

The duo that kicks ass, stops for a coffee and pizza break, and then kicks some more ass. The duo driving a cute little red batmobile. The duo that does epic double punches. The duo where the Robin is a little brat and Batman is a nice guy.