• Dick and Damian

75 42.13%
  • Bruce and Damian

8 4.49%
  • Other

7 3.93%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Bruce and Dick for me, with Dick and Damian not trailing far behind.

Astonishing Member

Dick and Damian. Highlight ogf Grant Morrison's great run. LOVE Batman and Robin (Vol. 1) #1-16.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    And my other favorite Dynamic Duo is......

2. Batman & Jason Todd

When I think of memorable Robin moments and memorable Batman and Robin moments, the common denominator is almost always Jason Todd. I am not talking about Jim Starlin's Robin, I am talking about how other writers such as Mike W Barr and Marv Wolfman were characterizing him in Detective Comics and New Teen Titans respectively.

Even before becoming the resident bad boy of the Bat Family, Jason was known for venturing into places where no other Robin has gone before.

One of the funniest Batman moments involves him:

He was adorable in his own way:

Then there was his New Teen Titans appearances:

http://i62.tinypic.com/25psl5x.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/2gwb9xy.jpg

What strike me about this period was how much Jason came across as the everyman among the Robins. He had no prior skill set like Dick, Tim and Damian did. He was new to the whole business and he wasn't always sure of what to do. However, he was a good person deep down and he tried to do his best no matter what. While I like Jason's role representing as Bruce's greatest failure and the dangers of being a superhero, the dead Robin trope has become too diluted because Damian was killed off as well which ruins any kind of impact either his or Jason's death had in the first place.

I think returning Jason to the everyman status could be beneficial to the character. His whole reason for being the violent angry anti-hero of the Bat Family is a house built on quicksand because the reason why the Joker is still alive is not something that can be solved on that side of the 4th wall but this one. Leave the anti hero bs to Azrael and Huntress.

But for now here is an ominous foreshadowing from way before DC tried to kill off Jason Tood:

http://i57.tinypic.com/2vt848z.jpg

(the link is from the story that inspired an episode of TNBA)

Man, thanks for sharing that. I started getting back into Batman Comics in my teen years. That is my second choice too!

Mighty Member

They were the best!

Another old thread / poll from 2014!

At last check, the poll showed:
    Dick and Damian = 32 votes
    Bruce and Dick = 21 votes
    Bruce and Tim = 7 votes
    Bruce and Damian = 5 votes

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    They were the best!

They still are:
    2D19D607-3964-4E57-9776-4ED257D9CEAB.jpg
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

There will come the day DC realizes how much people liked Dick as Batman with Damian as Robin,
    Until then, we will have to deal with a broken dynamic between Bruce and Damian, sadly.

(I voted for them, but would've voted for Jason and Bruce too, for similar reasons: they complement each other quite well).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-29-2018 at 04:18 PM.

Bruce and Richard forever!
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Too hard to choose, unfortunately.

(Were Knight and Squire ever referred to as the "Dynamic Duo"?)

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    There will come the day DC realizes how much people liked Dick as Batman with Damian as Robin,
    Until then, we will have to deal with a broken dynamic between Bruce and Damian, sadly.

(I voted for them, but would've voted for Jason and Bruce too, for similar reasons: they complement each other quite well).
    Don't you know? Outside of Super Sons, which is only a mini, heroes aren't meant to be happy! Ever! And Legacy Characters have no business existing!
    So says the word of DiDio.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I wouldn't say it's a broken dynamic so much as one that's near non-existent by this point with how rare seeing Batman and Robin together is these days.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Bruce and Dick specifically the Batman 66 slash Golden Age slash Silver Age version... though Dick and Damian certainly got the bants that fit modern time better. So it depends on my mood if I want classic or modern.

Jason and the crowbar. Name a better duo, I'll wait.

I'm just playing, I like when Red Hood and Red Robin meet up. I always wished we'd see more of that pair teaming up.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Jason and the crowbar. Name a better duo, I'll wait.

I'm just playing, I like when Red Hood and Red Robin meet up. I always wished we'd see more of that pair teaming up.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh yeah, I like JayTim Eternal too. They probably have the best team up and interaction in that book.