Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Any delay longer than a few weeks is ridiculous. Two months late? Come on.
    The good thing is that the record it's still held by Superman Unchained hehe...Now THAT was even more ridiculous and for just nine issues hehe.

At least we're getting both Wonder Woman Annual and Superman & Wonder Woman the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonior View Post
    The good thing is that the record it's still held by Superman Unchained hehe...Now THAT was even more ridiculous and for just nine issues hehe.

At least we're getting both Wonder Woman Annual and Superman & Wonder Woman the same day.
    Completely agree with this. Unchained was stupid with the delays I just gave up at some point and never finished reading it. but I dont think that WW annual would be delayed so long if it wasnt for Convergence. I think DC is putting a stop to all normal lines during that time and forcing everything back to June
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Pretty sure they delayed those titles to be released the week before FCBD to get more people buying those comics in the stores.
    yeah, I know it. they will promote their 3 biggest properties. I wish DC would promote WW

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonior View Post

I dunno...wasn't it Heinberg who didn't finish his run until months into Picoult's run when the annual finally came out? Kinda tough to beat that

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    I dunno...wasn't it Heinberg who didn't finish his run until months into Picoult's run when the annual finally came out? Kinda tough to beat that
    Ah, yeah...I had forgotten about that. Of course that entire arc was massively delayed beyond ridiculousness.

Unchained was easier to handle because I'd stopped reading it, heh. There were far superior and on-time options.

Its even worse because I imagine this is supposed to end the first arc. So just like Forever Evil, we have to wait a ridiculous amount of time for a story's ending, effectively screwing up any payoff.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-09-2015 at 05:43 PM.

BANNED

Jim lee never finished all star batman and robin...

even the #40 is late? I thought the team was working months on advance. wouldn't be bad change the team

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Jim lee never finished all star batman and robin...

even the #40 is late? I thought the team was working months on advance. wouldn't be bad change the team
    Yeah, this many delays, so close together, is a little disheartening. I like the story they've been telling, for the most part, but I really don't want to keep having to wait too long for my Wonder-fix.

Scott Snyder just mentioned today that he's still campaigning for his chance to write Wonder Woman. I have my reservations about him, given how poorly he handled her in Endgame. But he, at least, gets his books out on time, is very popular with the fans, and seems pretty passionate about his ideas, at any rate.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yeah, this many delays, so close together, is a little disheartening. I like the story they've been telling, for the most part, but I really don't want to keep having to wait too long for my Wonder-fix.

Scott Snyder just mentioned today that he's still campaigning for his chance to write Wonder Woman. I have my reservations about him, given how poorly he handled her in Endgame. But he, at least, gets his books out on time, is very popular with the fans, and seems pretty passionate about his ideas, at any rate.

I'd be ok with Snyder writing Wonder Woman if he revitalizes her rogues gallery like he's done for Batman but given that he said that he really liked Azz's run, I'm kind worried he might give us another overly long all-myth based story.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I'd be ok with Snyder writing Wonder Woman if he revitalizes her rogues gallery like he's done for Batman but given that he said that he really liked Azz's run, I'm kind worried he might give us another overly long all-myth based story.
    Could happen. But, of course, "I liked this previous run" doesn't exactly mean "I'm going to do my best to copy this run," either.

If he can revitalize her rogues, then I'm all for it, however.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post

I think new delays are very likeable, Finch is a slow artist. Finch said he was ahead on the art and then #40 is late, and the annual will be out just after convergence.

Snyder is a good fit for WW, he is passionate, has a good storytelling and write female characters very well.

I'd rather Snyder finish up his Batman run before he tackles other characters. Bats is his passion right now, as it should be, and all his time and effort clearly is going into that. Let him finish that in a year or so then see what he wants to tackle next.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

It seems #40 has been delayed to 4/1 now and the WW annual seems to have disappeared from DC's page too. A lot of things have been delayed lately from DC bit worrying.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Yeah, I just went from kinda annoyed to really concerned. David Finch needs to go or at the very least get a fill-in artist ASAP.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Dont they usually get another artist for Annuals anyway? Kubert opened and closed Robin Rises, I am sure another artist could have easily closed this.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.