Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I'd just do the actual comic book story. It would have to take into consideration that it's a movie, not a graphic novel.

You'd have to recast by now. I like Sean Connery but a lot of the weaknesses of the comic book character were whitewashed in the movie as it was largely a "vehicle" for Connery.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Let's think like a studio for a moment: But do they need to be British?
    Well, these days Americans eat up anything British from Harry Potter to Dowton Abbey.

TV series no longer in development - 20th Century Fox decided to go back to the source for a movie reboot - http://www.tracking-board.com/tb-exc...ary-gentlemen/
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-27-2015 at 04:50 AM.

BANNED

Let "Penny Dreadful" do it instead of mangling Moore's stories once again. Didn't enjoy the series, but some people do.

So which League do you want to see appear?

And who would you cast?

17th Century- Prospero's Men ...done!
    18th Century- Gulliver's League ...?
    19th Century- Wilhelmina's First League ...?
    20th Century- Wilhelmina's Second League ...?
    21st Century League ...?

I'd start from the beginning: League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Prospero's Men: In Gloriana's Secret service

Prospero - Jeremy Irons
    Ariel - Emma Watson
    Caliban - Dave Bautista
    Orlando -Cate Blanchet
    Robert Owemuch - Hugh Jackman
    Don Quixote - Javier Bardem
    Amber St. Clair - Hayley Atwell
    Christian - Douglas Booth

? 17th Century- 1600s Prospero's Men ?

?18th Century 1700s- Gulliver's Fellowship / League ?

x
    Time Travelers League????

? 19th Century 1800s - Wilhelmina's First League ? (reboot cast?)
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-30-2020 at 03:51 AM.

?
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Pk6iGa9.jpg[/IMG

? 20th Century 1900s- Wilhelmina's Second League?

Mid-Late 20th 1940s? Warralson League ?

? 21st Century Seven Stars League ?
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-04-2020 at 07:23 AM.

"Back to the source" would mean Alan Moore and Kevin O'Neill doing a comic. Which they've already been doing happily all this while.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

I just want it to be R and full of jokes the average American doesn't get.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Do a tv series. The comics are kind of structured weirdly, with there being series then a huge time jump and then another series. I think a tv series would be best.

so exactly who all are all these people depicted in the different leagues, and what all are their skills/powers?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Let "Penny Dreadful" do it instead of mangling Moore's stories once again. Didn't enjoy the series, but some people do.
    I was basically going to say: Do it as a premium cable series like Penny Dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so exactly who all are all these people depicted in the different leagues, and what all are their skills/powers?
    The League stories dela with Literature and Folk lore.

Each League is made up of people from various source material of said fiction based no time period. Like Prospero being a magic user, Guillver had science tech from laputa.

Orlando being a nigh immortal sex changed sex addict who wields Excalibur. The Original League (in movie) and the seocnd elague afte rthe Martians (Which was more of a Invesitgation thing0

AndtheAmericans in comics had their own League, fialed miserablely.

And then Mina/Alan had close friends buddied up 9Including Orlando, and Nemo's daughter.) In the latter stories.

And honestly?

Three things:

1: Do not ask for Alan Moore's approval, because he will not approve, the man hates comprising with the system to get something he and what the studios feel the public will approve of. (I mean honestly, his work is pretty damn out of the norm weird. Like wha the did with Swamp Thing and his latter work Promethea. Tom Strong was a awesome work though.)

2: We got Penny Dreadful, same premise, different direction, and I approve.

3: Enough reboots and mangling osmething already mangle, try having original stories and plots that cna be meaningful. (My opinion anyway.)

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    You do know that Alan Moore has never supported any adaptations of his work, right?
    Of course that's not really true.

He hasn't been favorable about producers lying and saying he's loved a script he hasn't. He didn't like being dragged into court over an adaptation that was adapted more or less in name only. But, we've seen his poetry adapted into paintings, his writing adapted into multimedia extravaganzas, with his support. He's given his blessing to adaptations by people who he trusted to be decent about it and do good work.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I like Sean Connery but a lot of the weaknesses of the comic book character were whitewashed in the movie as it was largely a "vehicle" for Connery.
    Well, no it wasn't.

He was incredibly unhappy with that turn, himself, as it wasn't what he'd signed on for.

His director and producers wanted him as a giant clean hero in a white hat. You may recall he took a swing at one of them, arguing over whether or not he should use a period firearm he brought for the scene or something that looked more realistic to them or something.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    You do know that Alan Moore has never supported any adaptations of his work, right?
    I thought he loved Watchmen Babies - V For Vacation!
    Which was clearly a faithful and respectful adaptation.

Oh no, ....
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-02-2020 at 09:31 PM.