Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GatheringComic View Post
    Letter 44 from Oni
    They are making Letter 44 in to a tv show on Syfy.

Anyways, I am like Dark Horse stuff, but from smaller companies I am just learning to get into those.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Gold Digger. If I was ever forced to drop all but one title from my pull list, that would be the one I would save.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

What we do is secret Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

I don't really have a favorite, but my top three would be:
    The Goon
    Hellboy
    Usagi Yojimbo

I've been wanting to check out Love and Rockets since its always praised(and since its in B&W) and apparently Jaime provided artwork for most of the punk bands from Oxnard, CA(I live not too far from that county). I've read the FCBD sampler from a few years ago, but I pretty much don't know where to begin.
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, The Goddamned, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy, King Conan, Last Gang in Town, Sherrif of Babylon, Stray Bullets, Usagi Yojimbo, Weird Love

Quote Originally Posted by GDC3 View Post
    COPRA is my number one. Latest issue just came out.

Casanova when it comes back will be up there. I'm also really enjoying Dead Body Road and Black Science.

I also like Michael DeForge's work. I picked up copies of Lose #3 and #4 at LA Zinefest this year.
    I've heard great things about COPRA but haven't been able to snag any copies or the collections
    www.grayhavencomics.com
    For Creators, By Creators

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    They are making Letter 44 in to a tv show on Syfy.

Anyways, I am like Dark Horse stuff, but from smaller companies I am just learning to get into those.
    I heard. Very cool for Soule. Digging both his Marvel and DC work and his indie stuff.
    www.grayhavencomics.com
    For Creators, By Creators

Quote Originally Posted by GatheringComic View Post
    I've heard great things about COPRA but haven't been able to snag any copies or the collections

Proper trades are supposedly in the works. The best bet for single issues are through Michel Fiffe's site which links to the Etsy store where the books are for sale. He also sends out emails every month when the new book is done. www.michelfiffe.com
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

I'd have to say Atomic Robo, followed closely by Mind MGMT.

Too many to choose from but I'll try my best to narrow them down ...

Contemporary

Crossed (Avatar)
    Satellite Sam (Image)
    The Walking Dead (Image)

... and I'm really looking forward to Weird Love (IDW)

All Time

American Splendour
    Zap!
    Mr Natural
    Love and Rockets
    Last edited by friendly-fire-press; 05-02-2014 at 07:11 PM.

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

Transformers: More Than meets The Eye is terrific

I'm really getting into Deadly Class just now, and East of West is a solid read.

Rover Red Charlie is probably my favourite which surprised me when I really thought about it.

Quite hooked on Caliban already even though it's only been one issue and when Rover Red Charlie finishes guessing this will become my fave running title.

I had been thoroughly enjoying Ursa Minor except my LCS for whatever reason failed to get me the last issue and it turns out no other comic shops in all of Australia ordered a copy so I reluctantly dropped this gem of a book.

I am really really looking forward to Booms Nightbreed comic.

Savage Dragon! It has been at the top of my list for 20 years or so.
    Closely followed by Harbinger, Archer & Armstrong (Valiant in general) and The Walking Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Battsu View Post
    Excluding Image it would definitely have to be Love and Rockets.
    Damn right. Best darn combination of paper and ink this side of the 60s - are you excited to double dip on the Love Bunglers hardcover?
    Current top 5: She-Hulk, Daredevil, Velvet, Lazarus, Adventures of Superman

Fiffe really needs to get this somewhere digitally. I'm desperate to read it but the compendium editions seem to be sold out everywhere. I'm sure Fanta or similar will pick it up for a trade but the wait is excruciating.

In terms of my choices:

Mainstream indie publishers: From Image my current favourite is probably Velvet - Steve Epting knows how to draw, that's for sure. Dead Body Road is also pushing my buttons. Best of the rest would be the Auteur over at ONI, Tales Designed to Thrizzle from Fanta, Waid's Green Hornet (Dynamite), and the White Suits from DHP.

Outside/small press: Love the 2000ad fanzines put out by future quake press, particularly Dogbreath (Strontium Dog themed). On the 'artier' side of the spectrum I have the first few issues of Lose by Michael DeForge, which are excellent, and I've been enjoying Wuvable Oaf as well. Also anything Tom Scioli does.
    Current top 5: She-Hulk, Daredevil, Velvet, Lazarus, Adventures of Superman

BANNED

Only 1????

Formally: The Adventurer Jim Purcell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spenny View Post
    Fiffe really needs to get this somewhere digitally. I'm desperate to read it but the compendium editions seem to be sold out everywhere. I'm sure Fanta or similar will pick it up for a trade but the wait is excruciating.
    I've had the privilege to interview Fiffe for my podcast, and I've spoken to him several times about his decision to be print only. I've told him over and over that he's unnecessarily ostracizing a large reader base and leaving money on the table going print only. But being paper only is part of his artistic expression on the project. I just do not get it.