Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

All-New Member

Mike Carey's Suicide Risk published by Boom! Studios. Boom! Always make sure they publish superheroes with a twist, this follows that trend.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

If Velvet does not count, I'll just say 2000AD.

I enjoy Slaine and while I haven't read any of the other characters on a regular basis, I am enjoying this weekly anthology.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ILLUS View Post
    Anyone have any great indie recommendations? I'm not talking about Image books either. I mean small press or self published books that you support regularly?
    Cankor by Matthew Allison is fantastic. It is just a really fun comic he makes and sells himself. I found him due to him being a friend of Michel Fiffe. Google Cankor Matthew Allison and his blog should come up where you can check out a bunch of art and see if you like it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ripclaw005 View Post
    Top Cow Comics : Witchblade, CyberForce , Darkness , Artifacts

Crossed : The Web comic and Ongoing
    Me to for the bold in its onset

Fantastic Member

Well I have been buying local artist stuff lately , Shades of Grey by Renegade comics was pretty good . Really liked a comic called Fight Comics ! Written by Jason Mehmel . It has 5 stories in it and each story a different artist done in black and white . Very cool .

Hellboy, hands down.

Incredible Member

Transformers: More than Meets they Eye

Fantastic Member

Ongoing or of all time?

If the latter:

Handily.

Yeah, original Mirage TMNT has a lot of great stuff.

Myself, I'm liking the new IDW series as well. It took a while to get going but it has good stories and good characterisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Purcell View Post
    I've had the privilege to interview Fiffe for my podcast, and I've spoken to him several times about his decision to be print only. I've told him over and over that he's unnecessarily ostracizing a large reader base and leaving money on the table going print only. But being paper only is part of his artistic expression on the project. I just do not get it.
    Cheers for the info Jim. Fair play, some artists really only want to be in print and don't feel digital stuff. Feels like a bold move for a hot new creator though. I'm happy waiting for a collection since I would get it in print anyway (seen some preview pages and it's really stunning).
    Current top 5: She-Hulk, Daredevil, Velvet, Lazarus, Adventures of Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Oskar Von Strange View Post
    I've been wanting to check out Love and Rockets since its always praised(and since its in B&W) and apparently Jaime provided artwork for most of the punk bands from Oxnard, CA(I live not too far from that county). I've read the FCBD sampler from a few years ago, but I pretty much don't know where to begin.
    Maybe Fantagraphics' reading order could help?
    http://www.fantagraphics.com/index.p...=76&Itemid=135
    BB

Past: tie between American Flagg! & Nexus.

Current: Waid's Green Hornet

Garth Has a Large Ennis

Quote Originally Posted by Choos View Post
    Rover Red Charlie is probably my favourite which surprised me when I really thought about it.

Quite hooked on Caliban already even though it's only been one issue and when Rover Red Charlie finishes guessing this will become my fave running title.

This bloke right here has great taste in comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Maybe Fantagraphics' reading order could help?
    http://www.fantagraphics.com/index.p...=76&Itemid=135
    The early Jaime can be a bit of a slog, but its worth plowing through the first major arc to where it settles into a cool LA groove. The hardcover that came out this week is probably his best story, but has much less of an impact if you haven't read everything leading up to it. You can get all of Jaime's stuff up to 'new stories' for about £50 (not sure in US) - it's collected in 5 softcovers. Then you only have the two most recent hardcovers and you're all caught up on his collected stuff.

Gilbert is much more prolific, and more varied in quality. I'd recommend the Beyond Palomar collection, book 3 in the new softcover collections. It has two long-form stories that are both absolute classics and can be read independent of his other works.
    Current top 5: She-Hulk, Daredevil, Velvet, Lazarus, Adventures of Superman