Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    What we do is secret Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Maybe Fantagraphics' reading order could help?
    http://www.fantagraphics.com/index.p...=76&Itemid=135
    Maggie the Mechanic it is. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by spenny View Post
    The early Jaime can be a bit of a slog, but its worth plowing through the first major arc to where it settles into a cool LA groove. The hardcover that came out this week is probably his best story, but has much less of an impact if you haven't read everything leading up to it. You can get all of Jaime's stuff up to 'new stories' for about £50 (not sure in US) - it's collected in 5 softcovers. Then you only have the two most recent hardcovers and you're all caught up on his collected stuff.

Gilbert is much more prolific, and more varied in quality. I'd recommend the Beyond Palomar collection, book 3 in the new softcover collections. It has two long-form stories that are both absolute classics and can be read independent of his other works.
    And thanks, I'll take this into consideration too.
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, The Goddamned, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy, King Conan, Last Gang in Town, Sherrif of Babylon, Stray Bullets, Usagi Yojimbo, Weird Love

No other Amala's Blade fans? I'm assuming it counts as indie

Quote Originally Posted by Oskar Von Strange View Post
    Maggie the Mechanic it is. Thanks.

And thanks, I'll take this into consideration too.
    You won't go wrong with Maggie the Mechanic - that first arc only takes up the first sixth or so of the book (I think, no copy to hand).

I see you like the Goon - I read the first few issues for the first time the other day and it was great, looking forward to reading more of that. Is there a particular trade you would recommend that tells a full story? Also, have you read Beasts of Burden (you seem to have a liking a DH/horror)?
    Current top 5: She-Hulk, Daredevil, Velvet, Lazarus, Adventures of Superman

Chinatown is a great full story for the Goon, though I'd recommend you to read the previous stories first to appreciate it more.
    BB

Currently? Eternal Warrior, although it's on hiatus right now. Bandette is a delightful read as well.

What we do is secret Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spenny View Post
    I see you like the Goon - I read the first few issues for the first time the other day and it was great, looking forward to reading more of that. Is there a particular trade you would recommend that tells a full story? Also, have you read Beasts of Burden (you seem to have a liking a DH/horror)?
    I've only read the first issue and issues #34-43 so I'm not much help, but as Billy Batson said, try "Chinatown". And also, The Goon is now being released as one-shots and miniseries' starting with "Occasion of Revenge" in July, which I think is something you'll like. Here's the link: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=51786

Yeah I really dig DH/horror. That's why they're my favorite publisher. I've heard of Beast of Burden, but for some reason I've always passed on it even the Hellboy issue. I enjoy Evan Dorkin's work so maybe I ought to give it a shot.
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, The Goddamned, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy, King Conan, Last Gang in Town, Sherrif of Babylon, Stray Bullets, Usagi Yojimbo, Weird Love

Usagi and Love and Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by Radjack View Post
    I'd love to read it, but it's surprisingly difficult to find the TPB's for a decent price in Europe!
    https://www.comixology.com/Rachel-Ri...cs-series/6348

Go digital, it's a bitch to get here in the states as well

Quote Originally Posted by Radjack View Post
    I'd love to read it, but it's surprisingly difficult to find the TPB's for a decent price in Europe!
    Archonia.com has the Rachel Rising trades for €13.36 each, that's not too bad right? You'd have to check for shipping costs obviously, but I'm in Europe and use them quite often. Pretty sure they ship from Belgium or Netherlands, if that helps. Another option: go digital? ComiXology has Rachel Rising for sure.

Lonestar1428

Default Obscure Indie Books

New poster here. I'm mainly into indie books (like Superman, X-Men, and the Flash ... jk), and I thought this board would be a good place to talk about them. To the indie readers on this board, what is your favorite obscure indie book? There are lots of cool ones out there, like Red Sonja and Lazarus. One of the most obscure books I've seen is a book called Man vs. Rock, which I picked up at Wondercon (I guess its also free on their website, manvsrock.com). It's a pretty ridiculous but hilarious book, and one that I would definitely recommend. Any other really out there indie books I should be reading?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thor View Post
    No other Amala's Blade fans? I'm assuming it counts as indie
    Last year I thought it looked like an interesting mini. Then yesterday I saw a preview for an issue 13 or something. I would have hopped on if I knew earlier.

All-New Member

I love World of Lumina (www.worldoflumina.com/en).
    I just saw the preview http://issuu.com/coffeetreestudio/docs/lumina_preview but it seems really interesting.

Mouse Guard. I have yet to read a story line from this series that i didn't like.

The Walking Dead

The Auteur thanks